Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 3 today and felt really good. After 15 minutes the running was quite easy and I was able to go a lot faster for the last 10. Can't believe how much different it feels when I run now compared to weeks 1 and 2
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I rocked week 5, day 3 today!!! I ran all 20 minutes just by telling myself that I could over and over again. I thought I was done for at 10 minutes but once I hit 15 minutes it became easy and I was able to finish. I don't know what changed. I seriously feel like I could take on the world! It is such an accomplishment for me :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Well done all you guys getting the epic W5D3 out of the way - it's quite an achievement and really changes your mind-set as to how far you think you can run - now you can run forever! :bigsmile:
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    W2D1 completed.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone going through the course.
    I'm currently using the Zombies! Run 5k trainer as part of my routine since finishing C25K a few months ago.

I do have this advice to everyone doing the program, KEEP RUNNING. I had 2 weeks off running recently (for a lame reason) and I am now struggling to do my 30 mins/5km
  • MelodieRocksIt
    Options
    I actually did it :-) W1D1 last night using Chubby Jones podcast :-)
  • velocityc6
    Options
    W2D2 , 31 minutes = 2.33 miles = 13 minutes walking at the end = 3.2 miles. Feeling good
  • velocityc6
    Options
    W2D3 is complete
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W1D1! Can't believe I did it! I detest running, so when I heard about this app, I was pretty confident it couldn't make me run, but surprise surprise it did! And it wasn't too bad! I'm actually looking forward to day 2!
  • MamaDubbs65
    MamaDubbs65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those who just completed day 1 :D

I've been at this since November 6th and should be done but life has gotten in the way. I won't give up though!! Completed week 5 day 2 yesterday. I am so much stronger today and can walk up a couple flights of stairs with no problem. I'm so thankful I found this program :)
  • velocityc6
    Options
    That is wonderful
  • jeridith
    Options
    W1D2 done. Wasn't nearly as enjoyable as day 1, as my muscles were in rebellion but it's done!
  • jeridith
    Options
    W1D3 done! Wasn't too bad, except I wasn't paying enough attention and took a wrong turn taking me to THE biggest elevation climb in town! Coming back was easy though. :). One week down, now to just find the motivation to keep going next week!
  • MelodieRocksIt
    Options
    W1D2 after a bit of a break. Calf muscles in the right leg got pretty painful - think I need to pay much more attention to stretching before the run. I did buy a Foot Rocker which helps stretch a bit.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have had so many starts and stops. After a few weeks break, and renewed focus with an upcoming 5k, I am trying to get in track. My 5k is perfectly timed for me to complete the whole cycle.

Did w2d1 this morning, and plan to do a MWSa schedule to prep for my 5k. It has been 3 weeks since my last run and it was tough! Hopefully it gets easier soon. :)

Still fighting my hilly neighborhood but I think I have figured out both a weekend and weekday route that is not too bad.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    W7D1

Definitely not feeling it today, and what was supposed to be a 25 min run, turned more into a 5 minute run :laugh: I walked the rest of the time.

One of the things I've enjoyed and discovered about my mental relationship with running is that it is a constant challenge to be equally engaged mentally as I am physically. I know my body can handle it, I ran 22 minutes straight on W6D3 no problem. But today? My brain was just not having any of it. This is probably one of the reasons why I have stuck with the program and why I will continue to run long after i graduate and beyond. The challenge keeps me going.

Anyway, I don't plan on repeating the day. I'll just continue as scheduled.
  • jeridith
    Options
    W2D1 complete. Totally agree about the mind and body thing! It took a powerful amount of mind talk to get out the door this morning, but was well worth it! Saw a fox heading home after his night out (killing folks chickens probably!) which was pretty amazing, as I've seen very few live ones. A gorgeous creature, even if they wreck havoc on chickens! :)
  • velocityc6
    Options
    W4D1 is in the books
  • jeridith
    Options
    W2D2 complete!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    I just found this group and joined. This is my second attempt to add running to my regimen. The first time I ended because I was having some serious pain in my foot. After losing some more weight, I have started again this time following this program. Today, I completed W2D3.