SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Hey Sharks! I love the idea of making this week's challenge in honor of Ali :smile:

Last week's point total: 73 :ohwell:

Here are my workout stats so far:

SUNDAY - nothing!

MONDAY:
    Workout: 90 minutes (20 minutes circuit training, 70 minutes bike)
    Calories: 701
    Stretching: 5 minutes
    Ab/squat challenge: completed day 11

TUESDAY:
    Workout: 45 minutes (30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes bike)
    Calories: 404
    Stretching: 5 minutes
    Ab/squat challenge: completed day 12 - whew!
    Personal #1: posted willpower victory goal
    Personal #2: posted 1 physical improvement I'm proud of

Pam, I LOVE that idea about calories screaming when you burn them! I would like to see the smoke rising as they are burned, since the screaming might get a little annoying :laugh: Yes, I teach elementary school, and screaming can be VERY annoying!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! :flowerforyou:
  • barkingbetty
    My motivation for today - Willpower :drinker:

"To assert your willpower is simply to make up your mind that you want something, and then refuse to be put off." - Phillip Cooper

What do we want? The yummy food and drinks in excess or in moderation? Which choice will help you get what you want?
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    My motivation for today - Willpower :drinker:

"To assert your willpower is simply to make up your mind that you want something, and then refuse to be put off." - Phillip Cooper

What do we want? The yummy food and drinks in excess or in moderation? Which choice will help you get what you want?

moderation......Moderation......MODERATION!!!

dadgummit, I can do this!!!
  • pamcuster
    Well, I made it through the first of my family's xmas meals without too much damage...and all I ate today besides that meal was a Greek yogurt with stevia and my coffee. Now, I have to do it again tomorrow...no problem! :wink:

And I got my big-minute workout done today! YAY!

workout: 120 minutes (65-min walk and 55-min with Leslie)
    stretch: 4 minutes
    also got that chart stuff done for today and yesterday (the sit-ups, crunches, and squats)

...I updated the chart...
  • pamcuster
    Forgot to mention that Brian went on my walk with me yesterday...that will have to count as getting family involved this week; nobody else here is going to be up for that!

and for support: One 'bad' meal won't make you fat just like one 'good' meal won't make you skinny.
    (very pertinent for this season!)
  • pamcuster
    Wednesday:

workout: 30 minutes with Leslie...132 calories
    stretch: 3 minutes
    sit-ups, crunches, squats: done

I've kept my eating within reason, meaning that I haven't had to do any jumping jacks and push-ups...avoiding those is *good* motivation!
  • barkingbetty
    Yay Pam! I did well at Christmas dinner and did not stuff myself, so I don't have to do MORE sit ups. I even did the day 25 ab/squat challenge AFTER dinner, which proves that I did not overeat :smile: I'm so glad that Sheri encouraged us to make those willpower promises on the main page! :love:

WEDNESDAY:
    Ab/Squat challenge Day 25 completed (and that's it)

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day!

Here is an inspirational quote from Audrey Hepburn about burning calories, being strong and being happy!

I believe in pink. :heart:
    I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. :laugh:
    I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. :love:
    I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.:devil:
    I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. :wink:
    I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.:flowerforyou:
    Audrey Hepburn
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Sheesh! I forgot all about points from last week. With my Aunt's passing and having to reshuffle my week, I just got behind on tracking. I'll have to go back and try to sort it all out.

Tuesday
    #1 Workout: 60 mins walking (with sister)/ 385 cals (20/120 still to go)
    #2 Goal Stretch: 5 mins done (1 day still to go)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 12 done. ( Day 25, 29 & 30 still to go)
    #4 Personal challenge
    Part 1: So my penance is going to be an extra 5 minutes of working out for each day that I'm over.
    Part 2 – still to do.

Wednesday
    #1 Workout: 20 mins walking/ 85 cals (120 still to go)
    #2 Goal Stretch: not done (1 day still to go)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 25 done. ( Day 29 & 30 still to go)

@ Pam. I know how it is. They are on our side but they can give us a "swift kick" when we need it. :laugh:
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    My amazing, fabulous, wonderful shark pals ... You have made me cry, and I love you all for it! Honouring ME this week?! :noway: and you have been doing it in style too :bigsmile: not even Christmas week can hold sharks back! So proud of all your efforts.

Update on me. Was home on 23rd but pretty much confined to bed, either in pain , drugged or fitfully sleeping. Word of advice : avoid Mosquitos carrying dengue fever! :laugh:

I was fairly convinced I would see none of Christmas and the kids were upset that all the traditions we have always done on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here wouldn't happen ( and it is our last year here in Mali so that was hard for us all to swallow.) Well, I officially have THE best husband and friends that EVER existed - they made the whole thing happen! One friend made Christmas biscuits with my kids, another came and made mince pies with them (this was Christmas Eve and I was up to lying on the couch observing by this stage. Was hysterical seeing my American friend who had never made mince pies in her life help my kids do them! Thankfully Abi, my daughter, led the way!) and then yesterday we had 12 people round our dinner table AS PLANNED the husband and friends had organised everything! I even managed to sit at the table for an hour and eat a little (no need to worry about calories or sodium levels though! Very safely under! And since alcohol and my drugs don't mix, this will be my only Christmas ever with a weight loss after Christmas Day!) Then I slept on the couch all afternoon while games etc went on around me. Kids were happy as they did EVERYTHING they had wanted and I was "there". And I was happy because they were and because I am blessed with some fabulous friends! Extra bonus it was my first 24 hour period with NO fever - and so far that is still continuing today!

So annoyed I have to be out of this challenge at such a late stage but really can't argue with this illness. I have never been this sick in my life. I will at some point add in my last weeks points and I can also get water and sodium this week, but not sure about what else. I was doing so well on that points table too :ohwell:

What would make me more happy than anything though is to see a shark WIN this, so get to work all of you! I want THAT to be your motivation for today!

LOVE this team :love: :heart: :love:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Ali, I am so thrilled that you are home. I know your friends would have been delighted to help out such a wonderful friend and make your last Christmas in Mali special even if you were not up to full strength. Keep well my friend.
  • fang19423
    Tuesday
    #1 Workout: 30 mins circuit training / 295 cals (20/120 still to go)
    #2 Goal Stretch: 5 mins done (1 days still to go)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 12 done. ( Day 25, 29 & 30 still to go)
    #4 Personal challenge
    Part 1: stayed on plan.
    Part 2 – still to do.

Wednesday
    #1 Workout: 30 mins walking / 295 cals (120 still to go)
    #2 Goal Stretch: 5 mins done (all required done)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 25 ( Day 29 & 30 still to go)
    #4 Personal challenge
    Part 2 – still to do.

Thursday
    #1 Workout: zero (120 still to go)
    #2 Goal Stretch: zero (all required done)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 29 ( Day 30 still to go)
    #4 Personal challenge
    Part 2 – still to do.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE (and thanks Pam for doing previous update)
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Thursday
    #1 Workout: 120 mins walking, step aerobics/ 1032 cals (done)
    #2 Goal Stretch: 5 mins done (done)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 29 done. ( Day 30 still to go)
    #4 Personal challenge
    Part 1: See below
    Part 2 – still to do.

Friday
    #1 Workout: complete
    #2 Goal Stretch: complete
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 30 done.

Personal challenge-
    Part 1: I was able to stay within my maintenance calories everyday except Tuesday so I have an extra 5 minutes of working out as penance. I did 10 extra minutes of stepping this morning.
    Part 2: done
  • jaajh
    My encouragement for today:

8mJ779P.jpg

I just read some of your posts on the main page, so I see you are already noticing those changes! Keep thinking those thoughts! Right now, I am thinking "Well. Healthy. Well. Healthy" - and am getting there slowly :happy:

Hope you all had a great weigh in! Mine was superb :laugh: Noted it anyway, but will tell Sheri NOT to count it in the Top Losses :laugh: I realise it will go up now I have started eating, but felt it was good to record anyway.

Love to you all :heart:
  • jaajh
    I even added Kristie's stats to the chart - just because I have missed it :laugh: See ... told you I am doing a bit better! Ok, off to lie down again now! Hope to me around more for next week.

Will add my points for last week later. (Once I feel up to trailing through my stats to add up what I actually managed!)

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • fang19423
    Friday

#1 Workout: 122 mins circuit training & biggest loser power walk / 1256 cals (all required done.)
    #2 Goal Stretch: zero (all required done)
    #3 AB Squat Challenge: Day 30 ( all done)
    #4 Personal challenge
    Part 2 – done.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • pamcuster
    Well, I knew that my weigh-in was not gonna be pretty, but **seriously** ...UP SIX POUNDS in just TWO WEEKS??? How is that even possible? I am soooo hoping that most of it is just water retention, but still, I am very disappointed in myself; last year during Sheri's holiday challenge, I LOST weight during our Christmas trip...oh well...on to a new day...

Can that be my support for today? :laugh:
    TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

I haven't logged for the past week or so; I'm starting back today, so things should improve!

Thursday:

workout: 20 min Leslie...114 calories
    suit-ups, crunches, squats from the chart

Friday:

workout: 60 min Leslie...342 calories
    stretch: 4 min
    sit-ups, crunches, squats from the chart
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    MAY the BEST BEAST WIN!!:bigsmile:
  • barkingbetty
    Hey Sharks!

Ali, I am SO glad that you are home, and that your family got to enjoy Christmas together without missing out on any fun! Take care of yourself, and stay away from those evil mosquitoes!! :flowerforyou:

Here are my results for Thursday and Friday:

THURSDAY:
    Workout: 120 minutes (walking, circuit training, elliptical and stationary bike)
    Calories: 851
    Stretching: 6 minutes
    Day 29 of Ab/Squat challenge complete
    I posted my second physical improvement on the main page - arms! :drinker:

FRIDAY:
    Stretching 3 minutes
    Day 30 of Ab/Squat challenge complete

I'll be getting my "workout with a friend" in tomorrow morning. I sure do hope that the scale looks better tomorrow morning than it did today :noway:

Have a great night!! :bigsmile:
  • barkingbetty
    SATURDAY:
    Workout: 75 minutes yoga class (with a friend! - I finally got in my workout with someone else!)
    Calories: 202

I was down .1 when I weighed in today - so happy for even the tiniest of losses!

Have a great day everyone!
  • fang19423
    Thanks Melissa - got all that.

I have nothing to add for Saturday.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE