Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    NEWBIE to this Group, is this where I POST?

Starting W1D1 tomorrow. I haven't run in nearly a year - so back to square one I go. Plus I gained all my weight back (25lbs).
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    Hi folks I am new....I am awful at running but I am very determined and disciplined.
    I am doing C25K on treadmill and currently at W5D1 which I have redone 2x already...(5R,3WL,6R,3W,5R)
    I am a bit scared of W5D2 (5R,3W,8R,5W,5R) because of the 8R in there but I will try to give it a go by end of the week

I am doing really bad off treadmill...just trying to get through W1D1 (1R,1.5Wx6) is very hard for me... :((( but Rome wasnt built in a day :)
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Finished W4D2 yesterday. So far , so good.
  • bpcreel
    bpcreel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started today! Finished W1D1 this morning!
  • velocityc6
    Options
    Way to go
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I just completed the dreaded W5D3 workout today:

What I was expected to do: 5 min warmup, jog 2 miles (20 min), 5 min cooldown

What I actually did: 5 min warmup, 12 min jog, 3 min walk break, 5 min jog, 5 min cooldown

I did this on the treadmill since it's 8 degrees outside with a -20 windchill, eff that! My pace was a little slow 13min/mi, but I'm focusing on endurance/distance right now. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do. I don't plan on repeating this workout.

You will want to slow down until you can complete the 20 minute run. Good job!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I rocked week 5, day 3 today!!! I ran all 20 minutes just by telling myself that I could over and over again. I thought I was done for at 10 minutes but once I hit 15 minutes it became easy and I was able to finish. I don't know what changed. I seriously feel like I could take on the world! It is such an accomplishment for me :)

A - AMAZING! YOU GO!
    B - The first 10 minutes suck. They suck for the elite runners and they suck for us. It's your body's way of protecting its precious fat stores. After you push through that, you get to see what kind of run you are going to have. It's not always going to be amazing. But you don't know whether or not until you get through those first 10 minutes.
    C - THAT IS SO TERRIFIC!
    D - Hmm, so the limitations you had as a runner aren't real...if you keep training, just how far do you think you CAN go?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Well done to everyone going through the course.
    I'm currently using the Zombies! Run 5k trainer as part of my routine since finishing C25K a few months ago.

I do have this advice to everyone doing the program, KEEP RUNNING. I had 2 weeks off running recently (for a lame reason) and I am now struggling to do my 30 mins/5km

What Becky had me do was warm up walk (5 mins), then run 1/4 mile, walk a minute, run 1/4 mile, walk a minute (repeat for a total of 2 miles) then cool down walk (5 mins). Saved my butt back in June.

I call it "Rduhlir's Recovery Run" and have used it every time I had to take time off this past year.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Hi folks I am new....I am awful at running but I am very determined and disciplined.
    I am doing C25K on treadmill and currently at W5D1 which I have redone 2x already...(5R,3WL,6R,3W,5R)
    I am a bit scared of W5D2 (5R,3W,8R,5W,5R) because of the 8R in there but I will try to give it a go by end of the week

I am doing really bad off treadmill...just trying to get through W1D1 (1R,1.5Wx6) is very hard for me... :((( but Rome wasnt built in a day :)

I was worse at running than you a year ago.

It sounds like you aren't slow enough yet. Are you running more slowly than you can walk?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Finished W4D2 yesterday. So far , so good.

You are rocking and rolling!
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done and dusted! Week three here I come!!
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I finished W6D3 this afternoon. 22 minutes! I can't believe I made it. The first minute I felt like my knee was going to tweak out on me, but it was fine once I got into it. I started to fall apart at 7-8 minutes and 14 minutes but I pushed through.

I rewarded myself with new running pants and a running jacket. I found them both on sale at TJ Maxx.

W7D1 tomorrow and then a 3 day rest. I have karate classes on Monday and Wednesday so I C25K on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Good luck to everyone!
    Heather
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    W3D1 finished. Had to run indoors due to the weather. Holy cow that was a huge difference.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    W7D2

5 min warmup (easy peasy)
    25 min warmup (dare i say this was effortless?! But it was, it really was!! I have found my "sweet spot" pace 13 min/mile)
    5 min warmup (easy peasy....runners high kick in)

Great run today!

Keep at it everyone!!
  • perrymick
    perrymick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done, enjoying the warm ups, warm downs and 90 second walking intervals.

Hopefully I'll get better as the weeks and days go by.

I've started though and that's the important thing :)
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great for still doing it even indoors!
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    W3D2 Done. I got it in before the big snow hit. :bigsmile:
  • velocityc6
    Options
    Completed W5D1 yesterday
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3.
    2.12 miles
    3.5 warm up and cool down speeds
    4.0 walking speeds
    5.0 jogging speeds.
    avg. heart rate was 150-155 (not counting warm up minutes)
    high heart rate was 165