Replies

• sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    w1d2 on ground jog - done...
    wasnt pleasant but done :)
  • Scratch_MJ
    Scratch_MJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. Was looking for who else was doing this and came across it. Today I finished W3D2!
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Week 8 day 2 done. Tough, but I got it done.
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    W3D1 completed this morning. Going OK.....!
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Finished W6D1 yesterday, due some excessive partying the night before it was tough
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    W8D2 complete! One more to go before "graduation"
  • brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W3D3 done! Feels great
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    just did week 5 day 2- can't wait for a long running stretch next!
  • docsharon
    docsharon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Been struggling. Finished W5D3 long run for 20 minutes last week, very tired, but did it. Did W6 Days 1 and 2 pretty well but cant seem to make the jump to finish the 25 minute run. Tried it twice and seem to poop out around 18 minutes. Part of it is mental-- fear that I won't be able to complete the run since I didn't do the 20 minute run last week as easily as I had hoped. Any advice for this struggling gal? I really want to do this! I don't know what my pace is but I am going slow.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Been struggling. Finished W5D3 long run for 20 minutes last week, very tired, but did it. Did W6 Days 1 and 2 pretty well but cant seem to make the jump to finish the 25 minute run. Tried it twice and seem to poop out around 18 minutes. Part of it is mental-- fear that I won't be able to complete the run since I didn't do the 20 minute run last week as easily as I had hoped. Any advice for this struggling gal? I really want to do this! I don't know what my pace is but I am going slow.

You may need to slow down even more. Just keep reminding yourself you can do it!
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I did W5D3 -again...:) running that 8mins is still challenging for me..I dont dare to move onto W6D1 which 10mins continuous jogging until I have this one under control..
    any tips on how to make this leap of faith? :)
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    W3D2 complete this morning.

That session really kicked my *kitten*...............job done though!
  • velocityc6
    Options
    W6D2 yesterday, worked me over but I made it.
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D3 yesterday. W8D1 is on schedule for tomorrow. I did realize that I can either walk really fast or run really slow at my current pace. When I started 8 weeks ago, this pace was exhausting and I considered bumping it down another notch. Yay for progress!!!

Side note: Yesterday during my run on the treadmill, I was fantasizing about doing the Hot Chocolate 5k in October. 1) I am starting to fantasize about running a race! 2) I am psyching myself up to be able to change my race to a 15k by October!

Happy Day!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Finished W4D2 on Sunday
    Finished W4D3 on Tuesday
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    W8D3 on my version of C25K: 28 minute run.
    Forced onto the treamill due to heat (I'm in Australia). I HATE treadmills: it's so boring.
    Anyway - it's done. I'm starting to ponder on "what's next" after I finish C25K. I don't think I want to enter actual races (the main reason I am doing this is to be able to get off and run alongside a horse on endurance rides) so I think I want to build speed and/or endurance. Might spend some time improving my 5K time (at the moment my running is REALLY slow). Will some intervals help?
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Finished W5D1.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I missed a run last week, so I added an extra one in this week. I ran back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday and now my legs are soooooore. I'm glad I'm caught up, but I will be sure to only run every second day from now on!
  • velocityc6
    Options
    Just finished W6D3 , modified , warmed up 5 , jogged 30, cool done 4 = 3.1 miles
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W3D3 finished, a week late due to a head cold, but I didn't want to start over, so just finished the day of the week I was on.

Looking forward to week 4 (I think!). :)