January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options

Just posting here is helpful and a victory. The self-hate is irrational and unhelpful. We all feel it. This is the root of the problem for me. Self-loathing. I am learning how to let go of that hate and like myself a little bit. It really helps.

January 2014

PP - 12
    The Big Bad Binge - 0

I don't think I had twelve binge free days in a month ALL OF LAST YEAR.

I just need to get through today. That is the most important thing. The rest will take care of itself.
    Good job!! Keep up the good work and good healthy attitude to keep working on too. Welcome!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    tumblr_masezmeCmK1qm5hzso1_500.jpg
    Thanks! Nice reminder!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2014:

Mollie - 10
    The Binge - 2

Days I did NOT log it all - 2

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • phabphour20
    Options

Just posting here is helpful and a victory. The self-hate is irrational and unhelpful. We all feel it. This is the root of the problem for me. Self-loathing. I am learning how to let go of that hate and like myself a little bit. It really helps.

January 2014

PP - 12
    The Big Bad Binge - 0

I don't think I had twelve binge free days in a month ALL OF LAST YEAR.

I just need to get through today. That is the most important thing. The rest will take care of itself.
    Good job!! Keep up the good work and good healthy attitude to keep working on too. Welcome!

Thank you! Doing my bestest. This weekend was a major victory. Went to a rock concert (usually an opportunity for 2k kcal on beer alone) and a birthday party and did great. I enjoyed myself but it didn't lead to a binge. I allowed myself to have some fun and just got right back into it with the next meal.

One day at a time.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks for the site! I downloaded an app but haven't had much chance to play with it yet. It's available on Apple, didn't check Android. It's called "Before I Eat...A Moment in the Zone."
    Just purchased it on android phone! This is the 1st app I have ever paid for too!! It looks like it will be worth every cent too. Hopefully I will get a chance to listen to one of the sessions today. Thanks for sharing!
  • janetdavis927
    janetdavis927 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new to the group and feel I've discovered a God send for being able to participate.

My hardest times are on my days off work (as today) and when I get off work in the late evening. It really isn't that I'm hungry, I have plans for those situations....It's that I feel I need my comfort foods because I'm feeling tired, stressed, just generally feeling down and sorry for myself. When I resist the urge to binge, I feel I'm losing my best friend. Of course, the next morning, I am glad that did.

It's very hard for me, though I have to say, it does get a bit easier the longer I abstain. I've tried other peoples suggestions on how to substitute other actions for comfort..other than food such as a hot bath, a good book...ect. Nothing else even comes close to the relief bingeing brings..

I'm happy to report that I've been binge-free for one whole week...and THAT is a big deal to me. I'm trying to eat healthy and workout daily. I try to concentrate on how much better I feel...but I'm still missing my comfort. Do any of you feel like this? And if so, what are yur strategies?

Me: 7
    Binge: 0
  • phabphour20
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new to the group and feel I've discovered a God send for being able to participate.

My hardest times are on my days off work (as today) and when I get off work in the late evening. It really isn't that I'm hungry, I have plans for those situations....It's that I feel I need my comfort foods because I'm feeling tired, stressed, just generally feeling down and sorry for myself. When I resist the urge to binge, I feel I'm losing my best friend. Of course, the next morning, I am glad that did.

It's very hard for me, though I have to say, it does get a bit easier the longer I abstain. I've tried other peoples suggestions on how to substitute other actions for comfort..other than food such as a hot bath, a good book...ect. Nothing else even comes close to the relief bingeing brings..

I'm happy to report that I've been binge-free for one whole week...and THAT is a big deal to me. I'm trying to eat healthy and workout daily. I try to concentrate on how much better I feel...but I'm still missing my comfort. Do any of you feel like this? And if so, what are yur strategies?

Me: 7
    Binge: 0

I do feel this way sometimes. I have come to accept my binge eating as a coping mechanism that I learned as a child to get through very uncomfortable situations.

I won't go into it, but it was what made me feel safe and in control. And it was a highly effective mechanism. Today, I am married with two kids and a good job. It also had the side effect of making me fat. I thanked my twelve year old self for getting me this far the best way he knew how. But I don't need it anymore. I don't need the security blanket. I am a grown, functioning adult.

I would try and find why you need the binge. I think that is the only way to try and treat the disease, instead of just the symptom.
  • kimberlyann88888
    Options
    me 0
    binge 0
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    January

Me:4

Binge:9
  • FractalFae
    FractalFae Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
    The Binge: 10

Today was a good day.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Jan 13

Me: 11*
    Binge: 2
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    January 2014:

Mollie - 11
    The Binge - 2

Days I did NOT log it all - 2

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    EOD monday jan. 13:

me: 7
    B: 6
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    January 2014

Diane - 9
    Binge - 4
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread today

Jayme 0
    The binge 1
  • janetdavis927
    janetdavis927 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the imput...I can relate to using food as a coping mechanism. It did get me through some rough times in my childhood as well. I wish I could figure out what I need comfort from now....probably a lot of stress from work.. I do truly hate my job and dread going to work daily. However, changing jobs is not an option for me at this point.,
  • phabphour20
    Options
    January 2014

PP - 13
    The Binge - 0
    Workouts - 7

This is going well so far.
  • FractalFae
    FractalFae Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    End of day Jan. 14th...

Me: 4