JANUARY CHALLENGE GROUP

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats tunesntea! I'd take that victory and run right into February and not even look at the scale for the next two days.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Congrats tunesntea! I'd take that victory and run right into February and not even look at the scale for the next two days.

Thanks.
    You're so right, I'm not going to weigh at least until Feb 2.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tunesntea!!! I 'm at 174 today - up 2 but I forgot my blood pressure meds at home this week so I missed 2 days and I'm retaining water!! Need to focus on moving to the 160's.....
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am happy to hear people are reaching thier goals, thats what this thread and others like it are all about, support, help, and sharing our SUCCESS!!!,, January has been an up and down month for many of use,, keep your eyes on the whole year, I ended up losing 4 pounds this month over all, Success,,, sure you bet, anything in a downward direction is good,, but like some posters have said, effects on my blood sugar, ( I am diabetic) are amazing,!,, so lets all start up with the February challenge and do it again, CHEERS to all of you for making the best of yourselves!
    Tim
  • mikeVT1993
    mikeVT1993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started Atkins on Jan 2nd and began using MFP a few days later. I lost 15 lbs in January!

I'm ready for the Feb. Challenge. My February Goal is 8 lbs.

Mike
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 11 lbs. this January..yay!!
    My challenge is to lose 10 lbs. for the month of February..
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Final total for the month was 13.8! I'm taking the 3.8 over my goal to the bank for if things go awry somewhere down the road:)

Two months now on a diet and I'm not starving every day and on the verge of giving up constantly. I would not have believed it possible if I hadn't lived through it. I've noticed the last couple of weeks that I'm settling into a pattern with about 1-1.5 down a week, and I'm fine with that. Ready for the long haul!

Cheers all! See you in February.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that made it and to everyone that hasn't quit!

Ill go ahead an goal for 10 pounds lost for February, too.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had a loss of 7 for January! Gonna shoot for 10 in February.
  • lisajacobsen1428
    Options
    A little over 3 weeks for me and I am happy with my inches results.
    thighs: 2"
    hips: 2.5"
    waist: 3.5"
    chest: 2"

I am doing ok with the weight lost 14.8lbs (so averaging approx 5lbs a week), but I think I should pick up those strips to see if I am keeping in Ketosis properly.

Overall, I am excited that I have that much less of me to carry around (and the jeans are starting to look much better on ;) )
    Good luck all
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    A little over 3 weeks for me and I am happy with my inches results.
    thighs: 2"
    hips: 2.5"
    waist: 3.5"
    chest: 2"

I am doing ok with the weight lost 14.8lbs (so averaging approx 5lbs a week), but I think I should pick up those strips to see if I am keeping in Ketosis properly.

Overall, I am excited that I have that much less of me to carry around (and the jeans are starting to look much better on ;) )
    Good luck all
    [/quote

Lisa, you are doing fabulously well. Losing 5 lbs. a week is a tremendous loss. I'm sure you are in ketosis, but use the strips, they're kind of fun.
  • rbaileyMOG
    Options
    Two years n on this project and it looks like it will be a life style and not a diet....
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Two years n on this project and it looks like it will be a life style and not a diet....

Wow! Congratulations. I'm thinking the same thing...it's a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • tunesntea
    Options

You're an inspiration!