30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Good morning Heather.....oh yes still planking away.

Got my day 7 completed first thing this morning @ 5:30. This is was easier than I thought...must be starting to pay dividends.

May try to get another one in this afternoon after work!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Day 7 - 45 second plank done. Had to split it. You don't do these for a week and you quickly regress. I disagree with whoever said straight arm planks are easier than forearm planks. They are both equally hell.
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day 18 for me: 150 seconds - ACK!!!!! :sad:

But, I did them. First 150 on forearms. Rested for a good 15 minutes (got kids out the door to school), then did the 2nd 150 with straight arms. I agree, both are hell. Thank goodness tomorrow is my rest day! And who came up with adding 30 seconds each time it jumps up? Shouldn't we be adding in smaller increments? You know, so we don't die or something? :ohwell:

Chris, both hurt my back. My back hurts worse than my legs shake. Maybe I need to do some back strengthening exercises? I mean other than more planks? :wink:

I am going to give it my best effort to do them not on knees and not on an incline. Not sure how long I'll do it twice a day, though.

Happy Friday everyone! Keep up the good work!!! :drinker:
  • CRody44
    Options
    Did another 45 second split plank to see if I could get through it. Nope, 35 sec/10 sec.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,370 Member
    Options

But, I did them. First 150 on forearms. Rested for a good 15 minutes (got kids out the door to school), then did the 2nd 150 with straight arms. I agree, both are hell. Thank goodness tomorrow is my rest day! And who came up with adding 30 seconds each time it jumps up? Shouldn't we be adding in smaller increments? You know, so we don't die or something? :ohwell:

Chris, both hurt my back. My back hurts worse than my legs shake. Maybe I need to do some back strengthening exercises? I mean other than more planks? :wink:

I am going to give it my best effort to do them not on knees and not on an incline. Not sure how long I'll do it twice a day, though.

Bonnie Jo -- I think we should add 5 seconds...or subtract 5 seconds...from whatever we did the day...or two ...before. Add 5 seconds if you are busting with energy and happen to love working out...subtract 5 seconds if you are feeling used and abused and not at all into it The choice is yours. That's my PLANK WORKOUT SPECIAL EDITION!!! :flowerforyou:

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Day 7 - 100 seconds

I'm not sure if I've done 100 seconds before...started shaking at 90 but held on. I've got to keep pace with Shelley. :wink:

I may try another set later...we will see...

Cardio at lunch.

Kathy

Kathy that is wonderful. Of course I will have to reach inside myself deep tomorrow to keep up! :smooched:

Worked late tonight. So all I managed was an hour of cardio. But I am good with that. Again, fabulous job Kathy! :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options

Bonnie Jo -- I think we should add 5 seconds...or subtract 5 seconds...from whatever we did the day...or two ...before. Add 5 seconds if you are busting with energy and happen to love working out...subtract 5 seconds if you are feeling used and abused and not at all into it The choice is yours. That's my PLANK WORKOUT SPECIAL EDITION!!! :flowerforyou:

Chris

Wow you are all inspiring me. Everyone is doing great. Remember some days are going to be better than others. That is just how it is.

Bonnie Jo, Chris might have a good plan there. We can always start backwards for awhile. :laugh: And you should not increase so quickly if you have not been planking for a while. To much will actually hurt your lower back.

Have a great evening everyone.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Hi there! Didn't get my challenges done because I walked with hubby and Bean for a really long time today. Much more fun than arm exercises! Plus...I took a nap. Strange dreams in the middle of the afternoon...wish I could count the exercises and steps I do in them!!! laugh Tomorrow I will be serious in the morning...get Bean late morning...walk some more and think of all my friends doing the same thing!

:heart: :heart: :heart: you all!!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    Day 7 - 100 seconds Kathy
    Double-take! 100 seconds? Huh 100? Wait - did I goof? How could I have missed that? (re-check book), oh no, it is only 45 seconds... Kathy just (more than) double them. Not me! :noway: WHEW!

I tried 45 seconds incline on the second stair step, and it was easy. So I tried it incline on the first stair step and it was hard, but do-able. Then tried it on the floor, and got to 20. Still, 101 seconds total! Done!

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    Chuck, the only reason straight arms are harder for you, is because you do them on your FingerTips! Ow ow ow! :sad:

Steve, congratulations on seeing results already!! :drinker:

To all, have a wonderful weekend! It was an amazing day to walk in California today. Cool, breezy, sunny and fabulous.
    Especially if you have Beans and Timmies and Oscars!

Sweet dreams, all.
    Chris, remember to count your dream-steps! You can use them in Mordor!
    Paula
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Day 7 - 100 seconds Kathy
    Double-take! 100 seconds? Huh 100? Wait - did I goof? How could I have missed that? (re-check book), oh no, it is only 45 seconds... Kathy just (more than) double them. Not me! :noway: WHEW!

I tried 45 seconds incline on the second stair step, and it was easy. So I tried it incline on the first stair step and it was hard, but do-able. Then tried it on the floor, and got to 20. Still, 101 seconds total! Done!

Paula

Paula remember this is my second month doing the plank challenge. Shelley gave me so much encouragement in month one, I worked my way up to 90 seconds. Never in a million years did I believe that would happen. I started off with 20 secs shaking like a leaf and had no clue I would get stronger. Believe me you will feel differently by the end of the month. I do them on my fore arms...easier for me than hands and try to keep good form and yes I've seen a change in my mid-section and I feel stronger.

I know you will get there...if I can anyone can. Trying to work my way to 2 minutes with an additional 5 seconds at a time.

Kathy
  • CRody44
    Options
    Uh, Paula. 45 seconds on the second step, 45 seconds on an incline, that’s 90 seconds; and 20 seconds full planks. Let’s see, my fingers and toes show me that’s 110 seconds, not 101.

Any way you count it, you did GREAT!

Chris, I would rather take a long walk with my wife than do exercises any day! Today. It’s supposed to be in the mid 70’s so I will ask my wife to go on a walk with me.

Kathy, after one month, I will be happy to be able to do a 60 second plank without dropping.

Chuck
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Day 8 --completed 45 seconds. Actually completed day 8 twice...lol I did two,yes two 45 second planks this morning. Can feel the sting but I love that feeling.
    Did the second one because I wasn't feeling anything after the first one, so I thought I hadn't done it right.:smile: Gee maybe this is paying off....yea!!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So I was naughty and haven't done anything since day two! So today.... I did 6 40 second planks... I don't think I'm going to miss anymore days from here.... phew!!
  • CRody44
    Options
    DID IT! Day 8, 45 second full planks with no splits, twice.

JohnnyR,

Ain't no way I could do three sets, let alone 6. I envy you.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So I was naughty and haven't done anything since day two! So today.... I did 6 40 second planks... I don't think I'm going to miss anymore days from here.... phew!!

Johnny you are so cracking me up. Great job, and I did hold your spot. Just in case. :laugh:

Steve if you need more ways of getting more out of a plank let me know. I have some that will make you glad you know me. And bring out the beast in you. :smokin:

Chuck I hope you like my new picture. I want spring to hurry up. You are doing great on the planks. :drinker:

I did some extra ones today. I was doing my Atletica workout this morning. The little witch had us doing rows while holding a straight armed plank. So next time you are getting bored holding your plank, pick up a hand weight and do some rows. Now hold that for one minute before switching to the other side. :sad: :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • CRody44
    Options
    Shelley,

Your Day Lilies are all popping out. Very beautiful!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Uh, Paula. 45 seconds on the second step, 45 seconds on an incline, that’s 90 seconds; and 20 seconds full planks. Let’s see, my fingers and toes show me that’s 110 seconds, not 101.

Any way you count it, you did GREAT!

Chris, I would rather take a long walk with my wife than do exercises any day! Today. It’s supposed to be in the mid 70’s so I will ask my wife to go on a walk with me.

Kathy, after one month, I will be happy to be able to do a 60 second plank without dropping.

Chuck

Chuck -- where are you that it's 70 today? I'm in northern California...it is beautiful outside. Might be too hot to take then pup (his back is all black) out for a walk until later.

Okay...getting to my challenges. Back later!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Shelley,

Your Day Lilies are all popping out. Very beautiful!

Not until July. I just needed to brighten my day. That and I am looking to change it up. So I was looking at where they are all at. I have carried each and every brick, and or block in my yard. Another good reason to stay in shape. :flowerforyou:

And thank you, I love to hear good things about them. :love:

And would you and Chris stop with the beautiful weather day! It was a sunny 30 when I walked my boys. Had to watch your footing because it was icy. A couple of times my feet tried to leave the ground in a quick, graceless move. :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options

And would you and Chris stop with the beautiful weather day! It was a sunny 30 when I walked my boys. Had to watch your footing because it was icy. A couple of times my feet tried to leave the ground in a quick, graceless move. :bigsmile:

Shelley

Shelley - I did that once...feet flew into the air...bum landed flat on the sidewalk. They call it black ice, but here in California it is not so black...I could see the sidewalk though it. Didn't realize it was ice until I put my hands down...couldn't get up...feet were going left, right back, forward...had to scoot, on my fanny, to the curbing so I could stand...but I couldn't because the ice was there too...had to scoot, on my fanny, to the end of the ice on the sidewalk...good thing it was down hill!! It was early in the morning so everyone was still inside. No witnesses...however, the ice gods were laughing their *kitten* off!! :laugh: It had to be a pretty funny sight, though!

Chris