What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The Silversmith's Wife by Sophie Tobin and when Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The Silversmith's Wife by Sophie Tobin and when Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    A Step of Faith (#3 in The Walk series) by Richard Paul Evans.
    I have never been disappointed by any of his writing.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Until I can get my hands on the 5th Game Of Throne book (a coworker is currently reading it) I'm reading Tuscan Rose by Belinda Alexandra: A mysterious stranger known as 'The Wolf' leaves an infant with the sisters of Santo Spirito. A tiny silver key hidden in her wrappings is the only clue to the child's identity and so begins a story as intriguing and beautiful as the city of Florence itself.

A lovely story so far but I have a feeling that it's trying to sway my mind into becoming a vegan - lots of descriptions of whenever the main character eats meat she sees the animal being slaughtered or when she sees people wearing fur or leather shoes or using leather bound books she sees the same thing (slaughter of animals) but when she eats vegetarian or sees a hat (per say) made from natural products she sees sunshine and happiness..... Okay, off to eat a juicy steak!! heheh
  • ChaRNbsn
    Options
    I am currently reading invisible man by h.g. Wells and a tale foe the time being by Ruth ozeki. Great book
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Lone Survivor" author Marcus Luttrell with Patrick Robinson
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    'Second glance' by Jodi Picoult. Started last night. :)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hyperbole and a Half (graphic novel) - hilarious

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. 800+ page brick of wonderful
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    I just started book 2 of the maze runner trilogy. "the scorch trials".
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I just finished When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit.

It was ok. Life through the eyes of a little girl.

I am NOW reading Mouse Tales, A Behind the ears look at Disneyland by David Koenig.

It is enlightening! Totally recommend.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    and the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I really loved The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey. It was beautiful and simple. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11250053-the-snow-child
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Enjoying Where Did You Go Bernadette. Next Game of Thornes Book 1
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Earth Abides, by George R. Stewart. It's an OLD book, but pretty neat. All of humanity is wiped out, yet it's the first "starting over" book I've read that's hopeful.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Browsing through my Kindle at the weekend I found a Complete Sherlock Holmes set that I downloaded for free months ago but had forgotten about. Started reading it last night and now I'm hooked! Why have I never read these before???
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just started Bitten by Kelly Armstrong... It is an ok book. Not sure yet if I prefer the book or the TV series, but I haven't really been blown away with either of them.

I am also working my way through one on my Kobo called Diva Las Vegas... it was described as similar to the Stephanie Plum series. It is ok, but not as good as the Plum books by Janet Evanovich.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just started “Ruins”, book 3 of the Partials series by Dan Wells
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Rawhide...story of Ronald Reagan's attempted asassignation
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm still slogging through A Dance with Dragons slowly. Trying to fit in time for reading these days means like one page at a time, so my ability to stay interested in so many new characters and subplots is waning fast, especially combined with the fact that it seems like not a damn thing is happening in this book... (at least not as compared with the pacing in Games of Thrones, Clash of Kings, and Storm of Swords)
  • lucygirl1914
    lucygirl1914 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm reading the following (minus textbooks required for college):
    1. Second Sight (Book 1 of the Arcane Society Series) by Amanda Quick
    2. The Tower Treasure (Book 1 of the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories) by Franklin W. Dixon
    3. The Secret of the old Clock (Book 1 of the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories) by Carolyn Keene
    4. The Desperate Game (Book 1 of the Guinevere Jones Series) by Jayne Castle
    5. If the Slipper Fits by Elizabeth Harbison
    6. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire book 1) by George R.R. Martin

(Books 1 through 4 are audiobooks that I alternate between while working out on land, and I read “If the Slipper Fits” -- which is a paperback -- while water-jogging. Book 6 is a loan so I read it before going to bed to keep chance of water spills down. )