Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, we are planning the next seasons challenge and I am looking for some feed back to what you guys like about this challenge and what you didn't like so we can tweak it for next season. If you have any good ideas to share, please do!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I got major strength training accomplished last night. It was only 40 mins, but I did the punishment exercises for this week and the team exercises for Team Carol, Team Beth and Team Walker Horde - woohoo!!!!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Feeling majorly behind since a work out on Monday didnt happen.. I am trying desperately to get out of funky town... How many inch worms are we supposed to each day? How do we count them?

Cardio: 155/250
    Strength: 15/100
    Martial Arts/Combat:
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.1#/ 7#
    Punishment (current) = ?/5 (inch worm)
    Exercise of choice = 2/5 (50 crunches a day)
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Monday & Tuesday

Cardio: 90/250
    Strength 30/100
    Combat:
    Average calorie intake: 2/6
    Weight loss: 9.5 lbs
    Punishment (inchworms) : 0/5
    Exercise of choice (10 min core work): 0/5

@Funky - I don't see how you are doing so bad -- you're totals are better than mine. I haven't worked out today yet. I need to get some core work, inchworms and cardio in today!

@ Everyone - I need an idea for my fitspo - or whatever it is called. The image that we are supposed to do. I am not feeling inspirational :frown:
  • kawookie
    Options
    Oh my abs! What was I thinking making ab work my "challenge" for the week. Mari just kicked my tail (and abs) into submission.

The fast and fun ab workout is not very fun and doesn't seem nearly fast enough. Teasers are not funny folks!

Okay that is 30 minutes of pilates completed.

Pilates= 1 Kawookie = 0
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Wednesday 3/26/14, check in:

Cardio: 280/250 (Aiming for the 600 club!)
    Strength: 100/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 135/135
    Average calorie intake: 3/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 2/5 (inch worm)
    Challenge (curtsy lunge) = 2/5
    Exercise of choice = 2/5 (Tues = plank, Wed=crunches)
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Wednesday 3/26/14
    MY LAST DAY

Cardio = 280/250
    Strength = 92/100
    Average calorie intake = 4/4 days
    Weight loss for challenge = 3
    Punishment (current) = 0/5 (inch worm) Sorry
    Challenge (curtsy lunge) = 0/5 Sorry
    Exercise of choice = 4/5 planks

I will try and add more but can not guaranty any thing.
  • kawookie
    Options
    Sunday-Wednesday totals:

Cardio: 213/250
    Strength: 60/100
    Average calorie intake: 4/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 9.5
    Punishment (inchworms): 0/5
    Exercise of choice (core work): 3/5

I will be taking today as my by-day, as I am working a full day and then we have a dinner out and orchestra tickets this evening. While I would love to believe that I can stay in my calories, it is very doubtful since we are going to little italy for dinner. I seriously don't think my 1640 is gonna cut it for today. :laugh:
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    sorry everyone I haven't posted in a few days but can I just say the punishments aren't fun and I feel I look very silly doing them. I am doing 2 a day.

also NSV I'm on day 80, woo hoo very proud of my self for this. but I did miss my body pump class this morning so now I'm going to try and find a good online work out with weights to get my strength in. I just have to say I feel amazing and every day I feel I can do more and last longer. I just love this feeling. well I won't post a lot but going to walk, do weights, and I have my core class tonight. I hope everyone has a great day and I hope the warm weather comes soon, I'm very sick of this cold winter :grumble: ( in spring )
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Today is my 40th birthday, ladies!! Celebrate with me by doing something nice for yourselves today!!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you know you have a VERY active team when you come back after a few days off, and there is so much to catch up on you dont know where to start!!!

and for me... im just starting NOW (well, in about 2 hrs i will be)

FIRST! thank you so SOOO much team for coverin my behind last week (and maybe a little this week) while on vacation. and whoever was able to pull the extra 60 of combat for me... i couldnt find who it was! thank you.. from the bottom of my heart!!

this is what i caught in my skim:

Hajenkatt: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

inchworms arent NEARLY as hard as they seem or look. i did them a lot in NR4W and NRAbs... kinda like planks. once you start doin them, they get easier.

im not clear on what we are fully supposed to be doing. im copy/pasting from Kawookie

Cardio: 0/250
    Strength: 0/100
    Average calorie intake: 4/6
    Punishment (inchworms): 0/5
    Exercise of choice (planks): 0/5

my plan, you ask?

thurs: tabattas + lift (60c +45st)
    Fri: row + wod? 60c
    Sat: lift + bootcamp (60st + 45c)

yikes: 185c / 105 st

ouch ouch ouch. ill see what else i can do.
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 4 Thursday 3/27/14, check in:

Cardio: 395/250 (Aiming for the 600 club!)
    Strength: 100/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 180/135
    Average calorie intake: 4/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 3/5 (inch worm)
    Challenge (curtsy lunge) = 3/5
    Exercise of choice = 3/5 (Tues = plank, Wed=crunches, Thurs=dancing)

Hajenkatt - Happy Birthday!!!

Coruscate - Hope you had a vacation, I think I should have extra of cardio and possibly strength to cover you

Skittles - day 80 of cardio? Great job!

Kawookie - enjoy your night out!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Happy 40th HajenKatt!!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: I will do something nice for myself to celebrate. I'm staring my morning with a vanilla soy latte(home made for lesser cals and money)

Courscate, it was lovely Sawjan that covered your behind. Janice is the martial arts guru/ninja!

Wow! I've been busy with the new business. We had a freezer delivered and boy was that a process! We may have found a real location though, so send some good luck and warm wishes my way.

It looks like I'm not going over the top this week with numbers cause I've been just too busy. I'm getting it in, just not as much as usual. lol

Skittles, happy 80th!!! I find a lot of good strength training on fitnessblender. Jillian Michaels has a good kettle bell work out that you can use a regular hand weight with. It's called shred it with weights(on youtube). I like that one.

Kim, I hope your dad is doing ok. I was thinking of you today. Let us know his progress.

We had a big tragedy here in my state with a landslide. They are searching for the dead at this point and the rain is not letting up. Say a prayer out there for those suffering with loss. Sad situation. Give a hug to your loved ones.

I don't like leaving on a negative note, so you have just 2 days of this weeks challenge! Then we only have one week left! We are rock stars!!! Whoo Hoo! I hope your week ends are full of fun and happiness.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This has been such a busy week at work, so I havent been on the boards much (not that I am a huge poster anyhow :smile: )
    But I've been working out, so here are my numbers. I'll update for final tomorrow, but as of now....

Cardio: 165/250
    Strength: 135/100
    Punishment: 4/5 (inchworms)
    Challenge: 4/5 (curtsey lungers)
    Personal Exercise: Pullups (assisted) 4/5
    Calories: 5/5

I have extra strength if anyone needs it. But I'll probably just squeak through on cardio...
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Oh and just to comment - I didnt hate the inchworms this week. I may look like an idiot flopping around on the floor, but I was thrilled not to be falling over this week :laugh:
  • tj1376
    Options
    Oh and just to comment - I didnt hate the inchworms this week. I may look like an idiot flopping around on the floor, but I was thrilled not to be falling over this week :laugh:

LOL, THATS FUNNY!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    STATS TO DATE -

CARDIO - 235
    STRENGTH - 119

I SHOULD GET A TON OF WALKING IN TONIGHT AND TOMORROW TO REACH MY GOAL OF 400 MIN...YEAH!!! :tongue:
  • kawookie
    Options
    My 5 day totals:

Cardio: 273/250
    Strength: 90/100
    Ab work (personal challenge): 3/5
    Inchworms: 2/3 (this was out of three folks)
    Curtsy lunges: 1/5 (I am giving these a try since they were recommended)
    Food: 5/6 days (Sunday-Wednesday; Friday-Saturday)

Tomorrow I will try to get as much cardio in as I can. I know that a few people will be short. I do need to fit in 20 minutes of pilates, so I can finish up my strength and ab work challenge.

My dad is out of the hospital as of yesterday. We went to see him in the new long term care facility. He is really tired but he's happy to not be in the hospital. The new nurses seem to think he is a bit delusional because they don't believe what he's saying. He told them the hospital let him have ginger ale and water (they did) even though he can't swallow. I am sure he will begin to really like him with time. They just don't have all the information to understand the context behind what he's saying. It is hard for him to talk loud or long so he is a conversation minimalist for now. I'm sure he will win them over. :happy:
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 5 Friday 3/28/14, check in:

Cardio: 455/250 (Aiming for the 600 club!)
    Strength: 110/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 180/135
    Average calorie intake: 5/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 6#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 4/3 (inch worm)
    Challenge (curtsy lunge) = 4/5
    Exercise of choice = 4/5 (Tues = plank, Wed=crunches, Thurs=dancing, Fri=walking)

Kawookie - glad your dad is doing better.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    morning everyone, just letting you know I will post my stats later this evening. i'm going out with some friends shopping and to a home and garden show today so lots of walking and when i get home some arm weights, just letting everyone know

also everyone enjoy this day and do something great for your self.