Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I hate it when the series come to a finale. Well, no Carol in this one so wonder if we will do some rescuing in the next season? I'm going to write our next challenge. We will see who is the over all winner next week.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sara - Thank you for the MVP! :blushing:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    What to do next?

I'm not sure if you ladies have looked yet, but there really aren't any other challenges like this one. Sure there are challenges that focus only on a type of exercise (squats or planks) and those that challenge you to lose 20 pounds by date x. But there are very few true challenges out there that combine healthy eating with sensible exercise.

I'm not looking forward to the end of this challenge, but I am trying to decide what is next. I might spend more time focusing on strength training as the next logical step would be to focus on body composition. I still have more to lose, but the fact is that after losing a lot of weight that some muscle also gets lost. I want to gain back that muscle to become less jiggly in my tummy and arms.

I am working on upgrading a lot of my exercise videos to insure that I am getting both strength and cardio at the same time. I just got a step workout (with weights) and I have a kickboxing workout I tried once, that I might try again soon now that jabs, upper cuts, etc mean something to me. I bought a step a month ago and it has been helpful with my weight routines and I figure I should try some step workouts because I like the basic routines (and all of them are fairly basic) on the Wii.

These are my brainstorms. I am thinking 45 minutes a day of exercise or every other day 90 minutes. The longer workouts might be wiser if I am focusing on strength training? I hope that you all share your ideas because mine are still forming.

I plan to stay involved with my groups for total mileage (I generally aim for 125 miles of movement a month) and the hydr8 and keeping it green challenge that I run each month. They seem to still be helping, so if it isn't broken...
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    There is a lot of dedication when you do a challenge like this but it really keeps you accountable. You will continue to do an awesome job of keeping it up Kim. I'm very proud of you! You have come a long way since being a scarecrow level on Wiz of Oz challenge.

I plan to keep up the routine but maybe incorporate more out door activities such as running. My knee has been keeping from it but it's starting to behave. My son is doing couch to 5k and I did his first week with him. I'm running so slow but I did run the running parts. Hopefully I will be back to running all the way again in a month or two. I have another 5 K this Aug but I would really like to run the 10 k. I'm going to keep up lifting heavier weights because I know that is helping me actually lose lbs. I have been stalled forever! I have grown to like the combat training and I will try and bump that up as well.

I will miss you guys though. I hope we can keep chatting here.

One thing TJ mentioned was to really push ourselves in this last week. I agree that we should try and blow our numbers out of the water! Let's try and reach the highest goals we can this week. The player with the most cardio/strength/punishment this week will win the MVP spot. Can we hit 800 mins of cardio????
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Sara - Thank you for the MVP! :blushing:

You earned it! 11 mile run, killer combat, cardio and strength and activity on the board. How could I overlook it? You are the one to beat. Skittles was right behind you. She always gets those high cardio numbers.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    I forgot to mention, don't forget to make your fitsbo! That is free points not to miss out on!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention, don't forget to make your fitsbo! That is free points not to miss out on!!!
    She beat me to it, but here is more info:

Leader board and recap have been posted. 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1238374-walking-dead-recap-season-4-episode-16-a

Tyreese and Sasha will be deciding the last punishment exercise of the season. 

Also remember this is the week to get your 2 points for doing a Fitspiration, the early bird challenge 4 was:

A big part of survival in the apocalypse will be teaching and inspiring others. In week 9, there will be bonus points (2) awarded to everyone who contributes a fitspo to the MFP Fitspiration thread.  

Part One: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration 
    Part Two: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103771-mfp-fitspiration 
    Part Three: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128928-mfp-fitspiration 

Part Four
    Add your fitspo here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198808-mfp-fitspiration

If you haven't done a fitspo yet, think of what you've accomplished in the last 9 weeks and make one now to make 2 points for your team this week. Browse the 4 part thread for inspiration (you'll find plenty). As you can see, a fitspo is just a motivational quote on a picture. It can be a before and after picture, a picture of yourself dancing, a picture of the street you jog on, the park you walk through or of an obstacle you've had to fight past. As long as the quote and picture have inspired you, it will inspire others. Message your team captain when you have posted one or remind them that you have done so already. 
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options

I have to make mine and I just have to say i teared up a bit reading your challenge you have for us because I call all of your friends. I got to know you guys and I am really sad this is the last week. I wish it could just keep going. but I want you all to keep in touch with me over the summer and I will be back for next season, kicking more butt and I am staying on team Carol because we are the beast team, we have done it all and them some. I still plan on doing all my work out classes and once our pool opens I'll be doing laps.
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 1 Monday 3/31/14, check in:

Cardio: 165/250 (Aiming for the 800 club!)
    Strength: 40/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 45/135
    Average calorie intake: 1/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 6#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = ?
    fitsbo =

Can't we keep going beyond the end of the challenge?? :sad:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I dont see why we cant keep going after this ends, just make up our own weekly challenge and encourage each other to accomplish it. Thats how this challenge was created. Most of the captains are left over from a challenge that took place last year and we just keep talking and helping each other out.

So to get 800 minutes, I figure I will have to do at least 150 min each day. I am really going to have to think of different things to do this week since I always do the same old same old.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    ya I like that TJ, we should just keep going, and chat and push each other for the better. :happy:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    We can continue to do mini challenges here for sure! I know I will be busy in my new business. If you go to aristapasta.com you can see all the yummy pasta we will be making this season. We start today!!!

I'm so not close to 150 mins of cardio a day. I'm going to do my best however!

Just wanted to remind you all that I wrote down all of your goals and if you need a reminder to what they are, let me know cause we are turning them in with the final numbers this Sat! Will you reach your goal/goals?????
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Tyreese ad Sasha have decided that punishment should be 20 leg throws twice this week.

Here's a link
    youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I had goals? Oh no. I have no idea what they might have been. Hopefully I was smart and made an easy goal. LOL!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I had goals? Oh no. I have no idea what they might have been. Hopefully I was smart and made an easy goal. LOL!

lol that was my thought when people started turning them in saturday thinking the challenge was over. I couldnt remember mine and MFP doesnt keep message far enough back to go back and see what I sent.
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 2 Tuesday 4/1/14, check in:

Cardio: 225/250 (Aiming for the 800 club!)
    Strength: 40/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 90/135
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 6#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 0/2 leg throws (2 sets of 20)
    fitsbo =

I will have to see if I have the goals written down, or in our first thread.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Here is my fitspo that I made for the challenge (I am posting in the fitspo thread as well). I chose this because not that long ago, a friend of mine told me that I was the only person she knew who did not use her treadmill as a clothes dumping ground.

TWDChallengefitspoemail.jpg
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    how have i not checked in this week? so odd. i was on here the other day and did my Fitspo.. musta just gotten sidetracked with that.

anyway... i hope we can continue this group for the challenges.... let me know if we start another 'group' or if we just keep this thread active.

M: Swim 30c
    T: Tabatas 45c
    W: Swim 30c
    est Th: lift + tabatta 60st / 45c
    est F: row/bootcamp 60c
    est S: lift + row 60st /60c

Cardio: 105/250 (est 270/250)
    Strength: 0 /100 (est 120/100)
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    Punishment (current) = 0/2 leg throws (2 sets of 20)
    fitsbo = DONE!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been all ghosty. I took an extra long vacation :-)

Monday-nothing...drove all day, all day, 8am to 11pm. All Day!
    Tuesday- 20 cardio, 50 strength.
    Wednesday- 120 min cardio
    Thursday- 60 cardio, 30 strength
    Friday- 60 pilates. swimming 120.
    Saturday- 45 bike ride.

and 100/40 leg throws. I like these! I'll do more until my abs hurt too much to do more.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    2elqtrq.jpg

This is what I posted on the Fitspo page.. I took this pic while on my run on Saturday morning.

I have fallen WAY off on my exercise this week.. Like 0... I will remedy that tonight no problem... Been really stressed with work, a big wedding this weekend, and my parents coming to town... i get very quickly overwhelmed cleaning our tiny one bedroom apartment bc it is so packed with stuff, it never looks like I have made a dent. I will be getting on the bike tonight and will be getting some strength in after the kids go to bed..