Talking Dead: Team Carol

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,632 Member
    ya I like that TJ, we should just keep going, and chat and push each other for the better. :happy:
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    We can continue to do mini challenges here for sure! I know I will be busy in my new business. If you go to aristapasta.com you can see all the yummy pasta we will be making this season. We start today!!!

I'm so not close to 150 mins of cardio a day. I'm going to do my best however!

Just wanted to remind you all that I wrote down all of your goals and if you need a reminder to what they are, let me know cause we are turning them in with the final numbers this Sat! Will you reach your goal/goals?????
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Tyreese ad Sasha have decided that punishment should be 20 leg throws twice this week.

Here's a link
    youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    I had goals? Oh no. I have no idea what they might have been. Hopefully I was smart and made an easy goal. LOL!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    I had goals? Oh no. I have no idea what they might have been. Hopefully I was smart and made an easy goal. LOL!

lol that was my thought when people started turning them in saturday thinking the challenge was over. I couldnt remember mine and MFP doesnt keep message far enough back to go back and see what I sent.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Day 2 Tuesday 4/1/14, check in:

Cardio: 225/250 (Aiming for the 800 club!)
    Strength: 40/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 90/135
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 6#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 0/2 leg throws (2 sets of 20)
    fitsbo =

I will have to see if I have the goals written down, or in our first thread.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Here is my fitspo that I made for the challenge (I am posting in the fitspo thread as well). I chose this because not that long ago, a friend of mine told me that I was the only person she knew who did not use her treadmill as a clothes dumping ground.

TWDChallengefitspoemail.jpg
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    how have i not checked in this week? so odd. i was on here the other day and did my Fitspo.. musta just gotten sidetracked with that.

anyway... i hope we can continue this group for the challenges.... let me know if we start another 'group' or if we just keep this thread active.

M: Swim 30c
    T: Tabatas 45c
    W: Swim 30c
    est Th: lift + tabatta 60st / 45c
    est F: row/bootcamp 60c
    est S: lift + row 60st /60c

Cardio: 105/250 (est 270/250)
    Strength: 0 /100 (est 120/100)
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    fitsbo = DONE!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 558 Member
    Sorry I've been all ghosty. I took an extra long vacation :-)

Monday-nothing...drove all day, all day, 8am to 11pm. All Day!
    Tuesday- 20 cardio, 50 strength.
    Wednesday- 120 min cardio
    Thursday- 60 cardio, 30 strength
    Friday- 60 pilates. swimming 120.
    Saturday- 45 bike ride.

and 100/40 leg throws. I like these! I'll do more until my abs hurt too much to do more.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 363 Member
    2elqtrq.jpg

This is what I posted on the Fitspo page.. I took this pic while on my run on Saturday morning.

I have fallen WAY off on my exercise this week.. Like 0... I will remedy that tonight no problem... Been really stressed with work, a big wedding this weekend, and my parents coming to town... i get very quickly overwhelmed cleaning our tiny one bedroom apartment bc it is so packed with stuff, it never looks like I have made a dent. I will be getting on the bike tonight and will be getting some strength in after the kids go to bed..
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    2elqtrq.jpg

This is what I posted on the Fitspo page.. I took this pic while on my run on Saturday morning.

I have fallen WAY off on my exercise this week.. Like 0... I will remedy that tonight no problem... Been really stressed with work, a big wedding this weekend, and my parents coming to town... i get very quickly overwhelmed cleaning our tiny one bedroom apartment bc it is so packed with stuff, it never looks like I have made a dent. I will be getting on the bike tonight and will be getting some strength in after the kids go to bed..

Beautiful photo!! Love it!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,632 Member
    I'm having a hard time with my fitspo, I just don't know what to do

today I did day 2 of week 1 of C25K plus zumba, and one of my videos. I feel great and I love now that the weather is getting nicer I want to be more outside.
  • sawjan
    Day 3 Wednesday 4/2/14, check in:

Cardio: 360/250 (Aiming for the 800 club!)
    Strength: 45/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 180/135
    Average calorie intake: 3/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 6#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 2/2 leg throws (2 sets of 20)
    fitsbo =

Come on ladies........ no slacking in the last week of the challenge
  • SaraAlexandre
    I love your fitsbos!!! You guys are so awesome! I have time tomorrow to write down all of your goals from the beginning of the challenge. I have been getting tons of exercise working in the kitchen. It's really tough work but I'm really loving it! I only count it because my fitbit is going crazy. I'm only counting about 1/4 what it tells me to.

Midweek! Let's kick it up a notch!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Goals for the challenge:

Myself: to lose 10 lbs, starting weight 198
    Tj1376: c25k, 10 # loss, 10# strength increase and no carbs(she also included beginning weight and measurements)
    Sawjan: to lose 9 lbs(weight recorded)
    Strive4more11: lose 15 lbs
    bebubble: to lose weight(starting weight was recorded)
    hajenkatt: to stay on task
    Kawookie: to increase strength training
    Simbersea: to hit macros, lose 10 lbs, 20 real push ups and row less than 1:59
    Coruscate7:stay on task
    funkygranola: get below (weight in specific lbs) racepace 13:50, crossfit (weight recorded)
    tinkermommc: lose 12 lbs, 6 hrs of sleep a night
    skittles2183: to be more active(weight recorded)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    check in:

Cardio:187/250
    Martial Arts/Combat: 90/135
    Average calorie intake: 4/6 days

I'm not sure I'll make strength or punishment this week. I lifted on Monday and pulled a muscle in my back. There really arent many lifting moves you can do that don't effect your back - maybe I'll sit an do bicep curls, but otherwise I just have to give it time to recover. And throwing my legs around is not happening right now. Sorry...
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    This is turning out to be another really rough week for me. The stress of work is becoming overwhelming. I have tomorrow off so I plan on doing a whole day of exercise. The constant rain we are getting has not helped the situation either.... it just makes me so sleepy!

I have a question about the fitspo... I am not able to do one at work (which is the only place I have access to a computer with internet). Is there anything else I can do to give us the points? If not I will try to borrow a computer and take it to starbucks or somewhere that has free wifi!
  • kawookie
    Okay, help. Anyone know how to put two pictures side by side? I tried to use photobucket, but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there another application I should be using?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Okay, help. Anyone know how to put two pictures side by side? I tried to use photobucket, but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there another application I should be using?
    I dunno, all I've ever done is created something in paint and then uploaded that.
  • kawookie
    My fitspo:

Fitspo.jpg
  • simbersea
    My fitspo:

Fitspo.jpg

Nice one! There is something about people you dont l making positive comments - you know they just arent being kind :)

You look great!!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    M: Swim 30c
    T: Tabatas 45c
    W: Swim 30c
    Th: lift + tabatta 45st / 30c
    est F: row/bootcamp 60c
    est S: lift + row 60st /60c

Cardio: 135/250 (est 270/250)
    Strength: 45 /100 (est 105/100)
    Average calorie intake: 4/6 days
    Punishment (current) = 2/2 leg throws (2 sets of 20)
    fitsbo = DONE!
  • tj1376
    I think I have accomplished 2 of my 4 goals. The carbs were a no go and I havent finished the C25k yet. Although I have run/walked a 10k and a 5k.

I will not reach 800 cardio minutes this week, but I already have 385 cardio/110 strength so Im on track to reach the elusive 500 that I have been trying to reach for a month.

Thats it, thats my update. I still have to figure out my fitspro. Im not good with pictures and sayings.
  • tj1376
    I created a pic but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get it to work.

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/TJReinert29/media/FITSPRO_zps235e9950.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

Thats the best I can do - sorry. Where is Jen the polite zombie when you need a pic posted!!!!!!!
  • kawookie
    FITSPRO_zps235e9950.jpg

There you go. WTG girl!
  • tj1376
    THANK YOU!!!!

Im tech stupid, I know this. Im waiting for the day the computer just reads my mind. Course if it ever did nuclear war would probably break out.
  • sawjan
    Day 5 Thursday 4/4/14, check in:

Cardio: 505/250 (Aiming for the 800 club!)
    Strength: 100/100
    Martial Arts/Combat: 220/135
    Average calorie intake: 5/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 11.2/9
    Punishment (current) = 3/2 leg throws (2 sets of 20)
    fitsbo =
  • kawookie
    Dear teammates,

You all are awesome. I aspire to be more like all of you so today I

1) Did a 60 minute step videos with weights that would have kicked my @ss 9 weeks ago
    2) Bought a pretty new dress that fits me to dress up for ya all

I would take you all out for a coffee (or tea) and a morning walk if you were here. I might be overdressed in my pretty new dress, but I don't care. :laugh:

My husband didn't bat an eye when I made him take my picture this morning. The dress on the left is a size 18 and designed to be worn with a jacket, and my new blue one is size 14 and doesn't have any other components.

I have been in a lot great groups on MFP but you ladies have won my :heart: Please don't disappear on me just because this challenge is over.

I owe you all some punishment exercises, but my minimums are all done and I will likely have more cardio before the day is over so I am going to wait before officially doing the last check in.
  • simbersea
    Check in:

Cardio: 271/250
    Average calorie intake: 6/6 days

Sorry - my back is still sore, so no more lifting :(
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Final Check In :sad:

Cardio: 275/250
    Strength: 110/100
    Calories: 6/6
    Punishment: 3/2

Not the grand week I was looking for. I have been in a rut, but you all encourage me to do better every day. You have been such an inspiration and I don't have enough words to thank you!!