Like Minded Lushes - April 2014

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oh when its time you will feel them! I got all the way to a 4 and the doc checked me and said go home have sex tonight and I will see you in the morning at the hospital....and he was right :laugh: It didn't really start hurting until my water broke.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oh when its time you will feel them! I got all the way to a 4 and the doc checked me and said go home have sex tonight and I will see you in the morning at the hospital....and he was right :laugh: It didn't really start hurting until my water broke.

I want my water to break already, the anticipation and worry about where I'll be when it happens is killing me, haha.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    kat, it wasn't that dramatic for me. (gary, cover your eyes)
    we had sex....i got out of bed a few hours later to get some water and viola...water broke.
    a week early :) and it wasnt a gush..more like a trickle.
    if you dont want to have actual intercourse..ummm...just play. it's the end outcome for you that counts :wink: :blushing: :embarassed:

but it sounds like you're not all that anxious to get things moving along. i was done. it wasn't until after that i wondered why i rushed it along because i didnt know what the hell to do with this thing that came out of me..lol
  • Kat120285
    Options
    kat, it wasn't that dramatic for me. (gary, cover your eyes)
    we had sex....i got out of bed a few hours later to get some water and viola...water broke.
    a week early :) and it wasnt a gush..more like a trickle.
    if you dont want to have actual intercourse..ummm...just play. it's the end outcome for you that counts :wink: :blushing: :embarassed:

but it sounds like you're not all that anxious to get things moving along. i was done. it wasn't until after that i wondered why i rushed it along because i didnt know what the hell to do with this thing that came out of me..lol

Hahahaha thank you for sharing your experience. I've heard it can be just a trickle as baby's head prevents most of it from gushing out but I've also heard friends tell me stories of their boss or what have you that had a huge bed wetting experience. I would be so pissed if that happened so I'm going to put down some of the pads I use for my paralyzed pup, haha. I'm kind of anxious for things to get moving because I'd really rather not be induced but at the same time I want to let my body and little girl do their thing. I CANNOT wait to not be pregnant anymore and I'm very much looking forward to things shrinking back down but I think I'll be in the same frame of mind where once I'm holding my little one I'll be thinking "Oh god, what did I do and what am I going to do with her?!"

And here is what a ready to pop Kat looks like…if I upload correctly.

10014686_10153972864915246_1257664712_n_zps3c2f2719.jpg
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    you look fantastic! and seem to still be carrying pretty high.
    and yup..preston's head was huge. I'll spare you details of my pushing that thing out lol.

i ended up getting pitocin because i didn't progress very fast even tho my water broke. once your water breaks they really don't want the baby to stay in there for very long for risk of infection.
    22 hours...and the episode of seinfeld came on the tv about the friend's ugly baby while i was in labor. i looked at the husband and told him that's a bad sign lol.
    of course he's quite handsome :happy:

it'll all work out perfectly, kat.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    you look fantastic! and seem to still be carrying pretty high.
    and yup..preston's head was huge. I'll spare you details of my pushing that thing out lol.

i ended up getting pitocin because i didn't progress very fast even tho my water broke. once your water breaks they really don't want the baby to stay in there for very long for risk of infection.
    22 hours...and the episode of seinfeld came on the tv about the friend's ugly baby while i was in labor. i looked at the husband and told him that's a bad sign lol.
    of course he's quite handsome :happy:

it'll all work out perfectly, kat.

They'll be starting me on Pitocin Monday night if I don't have the little one by then. I'd really rather avoid that but what's going to happen is going to happen. Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows as well as my husbands, I was actually just thinking of how we can access all the episodes in the hospital. They have a tv but who knows when I'll be there and what will be on TV. We have the entire series on DVD so we may be able to put a bunch on one of our iPads or computers. I have no idea if little girl has a big head or not but I sure hope not, haha. And thank you!!! I've tried to stay in shape to not only be healthy for me but for baby as well and I really think working out my entire pregnancy helped with a lot of aspects.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Kat - You look great and I am sure how ever it goes you will do spectacular. I was the same way about my contractions, couldn't really feel them. When they did break my water and they started coming more intensely. I was still oblivious and would watch the monitor with the lines going up, up, up and all the nurses thought I was crazy that i wasn't in pain. I felt tightening but it was not unbearable. I am so excited for you!

When my mom's water broke (I don't think it was with me, but I have four other sisters) she was grocery shopping and was so embarrassed. She happened to be in the aisle with olives and pickles and purposelessly broke a jar of pickles to cover up her mess :laugh:

Syd - That is funny about the Seinfeld episode :laugh:

Oh... I had a 1/2 bottle of wine tonight :smile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Kat, you look GREAT!!!! Again good luck with everything over the next few days!!! I have no pregnancy/labor tips or stories for you :wink:

Wolf, that story about your mom :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: love it!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-6oz of wine
    Wednesday-6oz of wine
    Probably more of the same this evening!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you Kat. You look great. I was "in labor" for a day and a half. Not hard labor, but I started having contractions 2 days before Daphne was born. I wasn't dilating so they sent me home after my first visit to the hospital. I went back three hours later and a bunch of medication, some scary moments, and a C-section later, Daphne arrived on her due date. Not my most pleasant 36 hours, but it was all worth it. You never know what to expect! I hope you have a productive wekend and that baby girl arrives soon! Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:

I earned my lush card Tuesday. Went to dinner with friends and had 3 glasses of wine and then my friend came back to my house where we each drank a bottle of wine and stayed up till 2am talking about....well mostly gardening. :smile: I woke up feeling a ltitle rough yesterday so I ran away my hangover best I could. Then I had a Dogfish Head Namaste at dinner and nothing else.

SO....
    M - 3
    T - 7
    W - 1
    R - need a 0

Friday we're going to dinner and then have tickets to the balley so there will be drinks. Saturday KY plays. Yay!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Great stories!

I was so done being pregnant and I had back labor and contractions for 3 days. My water actually broke in the hospital it was just a trickle no big deal. And my kid has a huge head as well, so that was fun :laugh:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Going strong with the zeroes!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Reading the threads... It's refreshing to see how open and honest everyone is. I would like to share similar stories but no matter how much I try, pregnancy eludes me. :wink:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Reading the threads... It's refreshing to see how open and honest everyone is. I would like to share similar stories but no matter how much I try, pregnancy eludes me. :wink:

And that's a good thing :happy:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    0s elude me:tongue::drinker:

Wednesday=2 drinks
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    lol 0's elude me too.
    0-Monday
    1-Tuesday
    2-Wednesday

im on my nightly red wine fix it seems. it actually snowed in our mountains yesterday...so even in So Cal, Spring has not quite arrived.
    diana your pic is so cute :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    0's elude me as well.

On the prego side I had to have my water broken in the hospital with both of mine. BTW Kat you look awesome.

I am starting to get motivated again. I logged food for yesterday and today. I didn't log the booze. I am not there yet. :ohwell:

I am mentally really working on getting it back together and when I get back from vacation I am going to get serious.

Happy lushing all.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options

And that's a good thing :happy:

I think you would agree that we share feelings with this group that we wouldn't with family or friends. I have not read one judgemental comment and always supportive ones.

:happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Awwww, Kat, you are friggin' adorable....tick tock tick tock...I was surprised they don't make you wait the typical 2 weeks past due date but maybe things have changed. I tried to have sex with Ron the night before inducement. But, he was so "into it" and took forever and I quit. Damn, right, I quit.

I received bad news about my Dad today. He's been not feeling well and has lost a lot of weight quickly. So, of course, he's has cancer. Cancer is mean and the outcome is probably not good. I've imagined him living well into his 80s because he has absolutely nothing else wrong with him. Needless to say, I am sad. It's surreal right now because I just can't imagine him not there.

I almost reached for the beer in the fridge but actually refrained because it really doesn't make it easier or better.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Awww kim. cancer fukcing sucks. i'm so sorry.
    we're here if and when you want to talk/vent about it..or just for a hug if you need one.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Syd :heart: I still have to process it.

Goodnight lushes!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I f***ing HATE cancer! I am so sorry we are here for you!