2 week challenge

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,925 Member
    Amy, Mother's Day in Canada is the second Sunday in May....but, I will be away from my family when it arrives (I'll be in Europe!), so we celebrated EARLY.

I won't be bringing the pretty necklace with me....alas, I will wear it when I return!

BOOM!

My *kitten* hurts....so, the weighted hip thrusts did their job today!
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Good Morning all, its Tues am here and Im joining your 2 week challenge a little late... it looks like Monday is your normal check in day. I am excited about the new accountability this is giving me. I am good on cals for the past week (will be more specific next Monday) and workouts are OK as well. My goals will continue to be the same:
    11,500 cal
    run 12 miles per week
    strength train 3x
    Hiit or other 1x
    8x water.

Shander- what an awesome race time!!

Ramalem- what a win to be under cals on a out of a town trip!

Shanaber- a 1/2 on those hills is incredible. I hope you are super proud of yourself!

Beeps- have a fantastic trip

Ris- so glad baby is on the mend, with 4 myself I understand the strain that is! That is a fantastic long run! Keeping the logging even when things are going not great is such a win!

Better- what awesome goals. That is a gorgeous dress and sounds like a super fun time... jealous! :)

Kelly- Pretty awesome being under!

Amy and Abigail- heres to a great week of workouts and getting back on track (and fiber- :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Thanks for all the compliments!

I still need calorie goals from ramalem, asjerven, shanaber, kclynch, and chloe. If you're all participating...... Let me know if I left anyone out. Our challenges run Monday - Sunday.

I had a so so Monday. I was under but barely and I like Mondays to be low. I was sort of in a funk so ate some Easter candy. I feel pretty good today though. Plan on lifting during lunch.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    I posted mine yesterday but it was kind of buried in my comments about Sunday - sorry.
    I was over by 150 so a gold for me.

Goals are the same:
    1500/day 10500 for the week
    Eat lots of protein
    Get back on track with total calories and all my macros.
    Run 3-4 times
    Strength train 2-3 times
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Better - my calorie goals for May are 13,650, but hoping to be under this week as I don't officially need those extra 200 cals a day until next week. Thanks for taking care of the challenge!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Goal for the week=11,200 cals. I would really like to be under this for the next few weeks!
    No star on the last week, however.

I do plan to workout 5-6 times, I will only "credit" cals for cardio, though.

Weigh in tomorrow, I am hoping it is not up from last week...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    I can't even begin to respond to everybody I am so behind! We were out of town until yesterday and I haven't logged at all and I was way over I am sure.

Ashley- My cal goal for the star challenge is 12,250

My 30 day challenge started yesterday. I have a little over 30 days until my next vacation and I need to be bikini ready. So here it is....

1) Platinum Star every week- NO EXCUSES
    2) No eating after the baby goes to bed @7:30
    3)I haven't figured out my drinking goal yet, but for now I am just going to not drink at all for as long as I can then establish a limit once I can't take it anymore :laugh:
    4) run outside 3 days a week Chalean 3 days a week AB workout 3 days a week

I really want to be serious about this for 30 days with no cheating.
  • Beeps2011
    I'll hold anyone "accountable" that wants accountability!

I am on a TEAR, today....I just have HAD it with any woman who is a MARTYR, has MARTYR-tendencies that she can't control, is MARTYR-ish. All of it.

If *you* want to be a martyr, by all means, go to town! But then you CANNOT complain about how hard you work, how much you sacrifice, how little sleep you get, WHATEVER. Go be martyr and then stfu already!

Now, since NOBODY here at 2 week challenge is a martyr, hopefully it is gonna be OKAY that I wrote that!

Geezuz.

Enough.

Back to me - I ate lunch out, had a dry salad (no dressing) and a chicken breast. 2 diet cokes with limes. Had 1/2 cup of tamari almonds, so far, as afternoon snack. Will eat supper late because I have a hair appt after work.

Oh, and NO, I will NOT eat a single morsel after supper!

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Hair turned out great! I now have honey-blonde streaks throughout the front of my hair....perfect for Europe! (Yes, yes, yes, I know, I'll be in a ponytail the whole time and nobody will notice, but who cares?!?!?)

I didn't eat supper until nearly 9 pm (hair appt ran late), so I chose popcorn! Nope, I didn't snack AFTER supper....my supper was snack food!

BOOM!

I hope to go lift at the gym, but my tummy doesn't feel good....will have to wait and see.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    I had a great night last night which equates to terrible eating (but it all tasted soooo good :bigsmile: ). Went to a concert with a friend downtown (saw Ray LaMontagne perform in a church! Acoustics were incredible!!). Of course we had to have dinner first and it was so amazingly good! I did manage to only have 1 glass of wine but that was intentional on my part since it was expensive and I wasn't buying - I got the concert tickets. For dinner alone I had at over 1000 calories using estimates for some things but it was definitely worth every bite and every calorie! The good news is despite my expectation of having gained when I weighed this morning I really hadn't changed at all and that was pretty exciting. Today we have a baby shower to attend so I took the day off and slept in. I am going to eat sensibly and be within my calories today and the rest of the week.

Beeps - I am sure your hair looks awesome regardless if it is down or in a ponytail! Hope your tummy feels better - if it is nerves you might try a little ginger (ginger ale, candied ginger, etc...)

Have a great day ladies!
  • amysj303
    Hmm, Beeps, does tummy ache have to do with popcorn for dinner? J/k.

I have been not drinking and staying under, and mostly sticking to planned meals which really helps. But I think I am getting sick. Sore throat, a bit achey, but I thought maybe it is allergies and last night's workout. Not sure. I don't feel terrible. If I take it easy tonight I might be able to avoid it...
  • ChLoE1130
    Amy- I hope you feel better!

Beeps you can hold me accountable! Platinum star every week until vacation. And Max of either 5 drinks per week or 3 days of drinking (whatever I hit first). I want to at least have 4 alcohol free days a week.

So far so good this week. Under cals Monday and Tuesday. And I have the rest of today planned out, and I should be under. No drinks yet so far this week either. Monday no workout because we were driving home. Tuesday I did Chalean. And I already ran outside this morning. I plan on running again tomorrow morning, Chalean on Friday, run on Saturday morning, and Chalean on Sunday.

Anybody have any good 10-15 minute ab routine requiring no equipment? I am looking for something to do after my morning runs but I am usually pretty short on time.
  • amysj303
    I just got the Abs Blueprint and he recommends this:
    Ab work: 2x per week, Lying leg raises for 5 sets of 20 reps, Hip Bridges : These are to be done right after your final set of lying leg raises. Hold a hip bridge for a few minutes and simply push your hips higher and higher as your muscles relax, Planks : Simply one plank hold to the front for 2 minutes and 1 minute on the left and right sides.

You could Add in a 3rd workout per week where you do hanging leg raises & renegade rows but that requires some equipment and a place to hang:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Amy, I think the popcorn totally was why my tummy felt OFF this morning! I went and lifted. In fact, I lifted for 90 minutes (only recorded it as 60)....just to MAKE SURE this FINAL work-out before I leave the country was WORTHWHILE.

shanaber - I read somewhere else about Ray LaM....is he going to Spokane or something?? Maybe my B-I-L posted that he has tix to him somewhere. I don't even know who Ray LaM is?!??!!?

asjerven - I hope you are NOT getting sick! Noooooooooooooooo spring colds....none.

Chloe - you ARE accountable! Your plan is solid!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Hey ladies. My week has been so-so. I've gotten 3 workouts in (yesterday was 3.1 miles stroller running and 2.5 mmiles stroller walk on my gorgeous day off, lifted at work Tuesday and ran Monday morning). But I've been snacking a lot after dinner, which is not like me. I need to pick: afternoon snack or after dinner treats. I typically have one popsicle after dinner or a couple drak Hershey kisses, but it hasn't been stopping there. I got on the scale this morning and I'm taking a do-over tomorrow. :grumble: So it is what it is. I've sort of got a lot going on and I think I will feel better about some things next week so maybe I'll get back on the right foot! :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    20140508small_zps2c8ba3ac.jpg

Board (bored?) meetings today....Michelle Obama has NOTHING on these guns, baby!
  • amysj303
    Love the dress, Beeps!

I think it was allergies, my throat felt better after tea and is ok today.

Today is a rest day! yah!

I have been hungry after dinner but have been doing a good job of not eating to save up a few cals for beer and pizza tonight:bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    Hi ladies. I've had a pretty good week so far as far as goals are concerned. I've gotten 3 workouts in, prenatal DVD (which was MUCH harder than I anticipated), and hour long walk/yoga and a lifting/mini cardio session. Running is becoming increasingly harder for me to do for long duration's, but I'm trying to keep up with it as long as I can. I've been staying around or under calories as well, which I'm pretty happy with.

Cute dress Beeps!
  • ChLoE1130
    HOT HOT HOT Beeps!

Ram I meant to tell you I had Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy DVDs and they were great. Its a different DVD for each month, I did that in combination with walking daily. It really felt like it kept everything toned with some good stretching too that really helped in the last few months.

I am still going strong. I have been under cals everyday. No drinks yet. 1 Chalean workout down and 2 runs down! And the scale is back to 148 which was where I was at before vacay. So goal is 145 by the next vacay in 30 days totally doable.
  • ramalem
    I was actually curious about Tracy's DVD's. I've heard mixed reviews on them... some people said it was tough to follow and they weren't familiar with many of the routines. I just kinda figured those people maybe hadn't worked out a lot previously. I went with the Summer Sanders DVD and I like it, but I know I'll get bored of it quickly.