6am fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well! Its lunchtime before I can actually get to post properly been too busy doing work!! How's that happen? It's just not on - it's Friday ffs!!!! Made it to the gym for 6.30, just did cardio because I'm still a bit sore from doing weights on Wednesday :(

Have a good weekend everyone - hope we get a little bit of sun between the rain!!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Work?? On a Friday?? The cheek.

I'm out for today and tomorrow, got tonsilitis, and have actually taken day off work, something I rarely do.
    Resting up (and glad I did small workouts at weekend) as per drs orders.
    Back Wed I hope.
    (And it all went so well last week..sob)
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon tonsillitis is horrible! - eat some ice cream!!

I failed this morning, fully intended to go to the gym but set my alarm wrong, I was ready to go at what I thought was 6.10 am then noticed the time on the telly and it was 7.10!! :grumble:
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I made the pool this morning :)

Get well soon, and yes lots of ice cream.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Ha...thanks.
    Just a shame I can't stand ice cream!
  • spg71
    Options
    Another session for me this morning, going for 5 in a row this week.
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Only managed 40 minutes in the gym this morning, had to cut it short as needed to go sainsburys before work or else I'd be really under my calories with no food in the house!!!
  • spg71
    Options
    Not a thing done this morning. Was so nice, made a nice healthy breakfast and munched it down al fresco, just a shame i needed to leave and go to work.
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Always a shame when you have to go to work when the sun's out! Day two done in the gym, might take the dog tomorrow (for a walk, not to the gym!!)
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Ah tlwineguzzler and spg 71, I was just thinking what a merry band of three we've become...when I realised I'm about to abandon you too.

This week's illness has wiped me out to the point of sleeping very well, something I have issues with, so I'm going to take advantage of that... and then I've got a week off soon, and then my working hours change to two later starts, one normal, and two early starts,nobody wants to be in the 5am club do they?

We need to drum up some more people to join you!!!

Btw, there's nothing ONLY about 40 mins in gym!!!
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Ah tlwineguzzler and spg 71, I was just thinking what a merry band of three we've become...when I realised I'm about to abandon you too.

This week's illness has wiped me out to the point of sleeping very well, something I have issues with, so I'm going to take advantage of that... and then I've got a week off soon, and then my working hours change to two later starts, one normal, and two early starts,nobody wants to be in the 5am club do they?

We need to drum up some more people to join you!!!

Btw, there's nothing ONLY about 40 mins in gym!!!

Nooooooo!!!!! don't leave us!!!!!!!

Hope you're feeling better though, and have a good week off :flowerforyou:
  • spg71
    Options
    Yes, get well soon.

Have to say another lazy morning, had a dental appointment though and for some odd reason, i was in bed at seven last night shivering and aching, Woke up this morning feeling great most strange.
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    I took the dog for a walk this morning, went further than I meant to and had to virtually sprint back or would have been late for work! It was just so nice along the canal in the sun I got a bit carried away :)
  • spg71
    Options
    Train and cycle to work this morning, bloody lovely, not quite 6am but only a hr late, Nice 20miles along the river home though. Might stop off for a snifter :D
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    that's the gym done for me this week, although I might go over the weekend as the husband is back on it again so we'll probably go together
  • spg71
    Options
    Well TL think your on your own now for 8 weeks broke my collarbone yesrerday.
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    I know! just seen on the news feed. Well I ain't talking to myself for 8 weeks, so I'll wait till you come back lol! How did you do it anyway? Here's a flower :flowerforyou:
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Glad there are other like minded lunatics out there, I weight train 3 days a week. Up out of the house at 5:45 in the gym at 6
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Yayyy! Was beginning to think I was the last one standing! I usually do 4 mornings a week in the gym from around 6.30 am, although because of a lack of sleep last night I didn't make it today :)
  • Ilove2dance77
    Ilove2dance77 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've started doing the 6.30am classes in the gym - they're only 45 mins - but that's reasonable given I'm usually still half a sleep.