2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Sounds totally doable, Chloe....what would your daily calories be based on Amy's calculator (RustyMoore)?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Where is everybody?!?!?

Today, I lift!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I did not get to run home, weather was not cooperating. I stayed under cals, no drinking but I still have only "saved" 500 cals for the weekend.
    Monday, the holiday, I will have the 10k, so that will help.
    I will try to run 10k Saturday and just rest Sunday.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, everyone!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Amy - what is the book you are reading (Rusty Moore)? Be sure to relax a bit before your race on Monday. If you run a 10k on Saturday, make it a really easy run so your muscles are recovered to run on Monday.

Using Amy's calculator - I should be eating 2000 calories/day just using my running time (not any training time). I have bumped to 1500 so I will keep it there for a bit longer but I would like to read what he says about the calculation and then maybe I will bump up again... maybe I really am not eating enough. I certainly haven't gained with the bump to 1500.

I have had a really great week despite having company. I have eaten pretty well and gotten all my running in and 2 lifting sessions. I lifted Monday and Tuesday and was so incredibly sore Wednesday and Thursday!

Beeps - I think everyone has been super busy, everyone has been pretty quiet for about a week now.

Have any of you read the book Strong Curves? What did you think? Are there other books on training/lifting that you would recommend?
  • amysj303
    Options
    I was just thinking about Sexy Curves too, Shanaber, I haven't done it.
    Rusty Moore of Fitness Blackbook put out this e-book I bought in March or early April-
    http://rustymoorevisualimpact.net/

He also put out the free Abs Blueprint and I have his Vacation Body e-book as well.
    If you are just looking for some lifting/training there are a bunch on bodybuilding.com, I am always finding something to try next-bizzy, ultimate female, jamie eason's live fit trainer, simply shredded, and 30-day Clutch. have you browsed on there?
  • Beeps2011
    Options

Have any of you read the book Strong Curves? What did you think? Are there other books on training/lifting that you would recommend?

I own Strong Curves and LOVE IT....however, I have NEVER done any of the work-outs because THAT book is heavy and inefficient to bring with me to the gym....boooooooooooo - I hope they come out with some kind of 'workbook' style thing that I can drag to the gym.

I have a ton of the New Rules of Lifting Series - I enjoy them all! Except Supercharged....that took WAY too much work organizing a d*mn workout. No thanks. I am definitely of the "give me my work-out and then leave me alone in the gym" type of gal.

If it is a long weekend for the American girls - I say HAVE A GOOD ONE!

For the rest of us, it is simply TGIF - good enough for me!
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Shan- I have a friend on MFP that absolutely loves Strong Curves and all the stuff by Bret Contreras. I have yet to actually purchase anything except NROLFW. I piecemeal stuff together, but I am really interested in Strong Curves. Could use more of that booty emphasis!

I have had a slow week in my fitness world. Busy family stuff + nagging UTI issues have thrown me off. But I am feeling much better and ready to go back to it! I only ran about 6-7 miles last week. And no star as I was 1400 calories over for the week, and likely missed 100 cals somewhere. Improvements in my consistent logging though. I used to stop logging if I was going over (used to as in last month- haha) but am making an effort to keep track no matter what.

Looking forward to hearing about your run Amy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted yesterday, because I am out of town the next two days!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm on summer break!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed in today, after not having batteries in my scale for a week. No Change....which is good because my workouts have been off and I took a few days off. Now I'm ready to hit it hard. Going for a run...yes, a run....first time in nearly a year. Then, swimming!!!!!

I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, all, the Bolder Boulder was fun! I did fine, my friend was slower than me but I was doing it for the social aspects so I just stayed with her. I finished in an hour 20 mins, but my Nike run ap said it was 1 hr 15 which is weird, but oh well. Then we walked to our car and it was about a mile and half away too!

I am going to say no star for me this week because I went to a buffet yesterday and even a quick add would be a pure guess. I think I did ok, we'll see about that weigh in Wednesday.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say silver star for me...I was 546 over.

I got in 4 runs though (goal was 3) and all 3 of my chalean lifting workouts. So I would say overall it was a decent week!
  • stephv38
    Options
    That sounds like a really great week Chloe!

Congratulations, again, Amy on a fantastic run! I have a friend that encourages me to stay on track with the habit of logging even when at a buffet or picnic potluck by doing the best I can to log. It helps stay accountable and gives you a closer estimate of your week. Its helping me!

My inlaws are coming this week from the Netherlands. I will be cleaning and shopping in addition to the normal day of kids school and hopefully getting a workout in. I am doing a 5k with my daughter in July so have been training with her (shes 9). I was doing 10ks fairly easily before we left Oregon but yesterday was struggling through a mile with her. Not happy!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    I am late posting - busy weekend!
    I get a silver this week - I was over too like Chloe but not as bad as it could have been with my sister-in-law here. We ate out a bit but I kept myself in check pretty well (one really bad day with lunch and dinner out). I managed to get in all my runs and even a long one on Sunday and another short one today.

I made a flourless chocolate cake for dessert tonight that was ohhh sooo good! It has over 400 calories in a piece if you figure 8 servings but it is way too rich to eat a full piece.

Amy - I am so glad you had fun on your 10K! That is what it is all about really!!
    Steph - you will get back to your running form pretty quickly. I think it will surprise you how quickly it will come back.
    Chloe - Great job getting in more running than your goal! I would count that as an excellent week!
    Kelly - I am looking forward to swimming too, just as soon as the pool warms up a bit!
    Beeps - have a good trip (didn't you just get back? :happy: )!!

My goals for this next week are to finish up the month strong -
    running 5 days,
    strength train 2-3 days,
    stretching and abs every day!
    1500 calories/day - 10500 for the week
    hit my macros (again) - especially protein

I have managed to keep that pound off even with the higher calories so I am going to keep at it and hopefully see another drop!

My daughter is coming home on Thursday for a wedding and I can't wait to see her!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This wasn't a "pleasure" trip. I'll be home tonight.

Then I am doing 3 months of calorie-counting and weight-training (with UBER-regularity).

The end.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Just doing a quick check-in as work is crazy busy today. I got a silver last week - definitely was using that "eating for two" excuse that needs to stop this week. Gained two pounds in the last week and a half :sad:

I'll be back to check in with everyone else, but real quick, my goals:

4 days working out (2 lift, 1 Cardio, 1 yoga)
    WATER
    Limit the treats
    Work on cutting down the carbs
    Get more protein
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am feeling like I need a new challenge in June, I don't know, I figure starting in July I will do a Warrior Dash training plan, but I need something until then...

I think it would be good to be able to run a 10k readily, the training plan isn't too bad, 4 runs per week-sprints, incline intervals, easy run, long run. If I add in strength training it isn't too bad...

Steph, I know what you mean, I usually make an effort to log, but that buffet, there was way too much variety and there were things that i didn't like, took one bite and then no more...

I am determined to keep calories low this week, platinum star-style.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thanks for checking in for the star challenge. I am still waiting to hear from Ris and Kelly.

I did okay over the weekend. I indulged a little more than normal, but not terrible. My friend, sister and I did some circuits Saturday morning (400 meters, 5 pushups, 10 sit ups, 20 squats) x4 and then walked the hills of the mountain complex. Sunday we walked about half an hour. She carried my daughter as she is training for a Ruck (sp?) event so it was fun. It was a nice relaxing weekend. We did a little shopping, had lunch out with 6 adults and 3 kids twice, grilled out for dinner at the condo, and spent the afternoon at the pool Saturday. I did not log over the weekend, so I get no star. I probably would have been over anyways.

I've got two weeks till vacation so I hope to eat well and get my workouts done. I should have gotten up this morning and ran, but my kid woke up at 6:30 and so we all just laid in bed for a bit and I may have fallen back asleep a little. I needed some extra sleep. I was up late over the weekend and didn't sleep incredible well. I think I can still manage 3 or 4 workouts this week maybe. We need to get going on house painting this weekend, so we'll see.

Hi to everyone! Let's have a great week!
  • stephv38
    Options
    Amy- I love that "Platinum Star Style" :) Im writing it down for in my kitchen!

Shanaber- Thanks for the encouragement. I hope so. Are your cal goals gross or net or halfy halfy? I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm going with no star. It is probably silver but I'm to lazy to back log!I had 2400 calories left, didn't log two days, but I ate at home, nothing crazy.

This week WILL be PLATINUM- even though I was WAY over yesterday! It will be tough, but it just take two low days to make it work.

I agree with always logging. Sometimes I am surprised that I didn't go as crazy as I thought.

2 Week Goals
    1. Log everything, be platinum
    2. Three Lifts
    3. 2 pilates/yoga
    4. 4 Cardio - Like 30 min each or something

Oh, my sister in law wants me to get this groupon that has TRX and Barre. Who has tried TRX???