Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Jo, you are eating 1950 cals!! May I ask your height? Are you losing? maintaining? What are you hoping for?

I'm 165cm (5'5") and pretty much maintaining 116 - 120lbs depending on the time of the month! I'm not looking to lose weight. I want to gain strength. I'm willing to gain a little to achieve that. In 6 months, after increasing cals from approx. 1400, I'm up 2-4 lbs and have increased strength. And my clothes still fit and measurements are the same. So I'm calling it a win so far :happy:

OK YES I remember that now. Sorry to make you repeat that. I totally forgot. It's my old senile brain .

I am 5'5 too. I don't care what I weigh anymore. I just want to be less fatty and fit! :bigsmile: It has taken me years to come to that awesome conclusion. BUT I am there.

It's the weekend! Woohoo! No workout for me.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on my way to the gym. Oh well. No idea what the day will bring but right now I'm being lazy.
    Jo, I'm 5'6'' last time I weighed 120 my aunts were ready to sign me into rehab for an eating disorder because I was so thin. My mother had to convince them that I eat plenty I was just CRAZY active at the time. Still eating 1900 at 140 lbs.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on my way to the gym. Oh well. No idea what the day will bring but right now I'm being lazy.
    Jo, I'm 5'6'' last time I weighed 120 my aunts were ready to sign me into rehab for an eating disorder because I was so thin. My mother had to convince them that I eat plenty I was just CRAZY active at the time. Still eating 1900 at 140 lbs.

Do you have to go? Rest and enjoy the day.

I am 152.0 and eating 1600ish. Yall just don't know how good it feels to EAT. All these years of starving, worrying, bingeing, etc. Now I am eating whatever I want within moderation and exercising , and I am losing small amounts of weight (so far) . Muscle definition in my arm is showing. It has taken YEARS to get to this point. I never want to go back to my old way of thinking. Thank yall for putting up with me and letting me coming to this on my on terms. Yall were patient with me. You told me patiently what I needed to know.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hi all- not much lifting going on here- I slept too late.
    I am 1/3 this week- I only lifted once, didn't get my protein but I am going for a massage today. Usually I feel worse after but better the next day sooo I'm going.

Tomorrow I will lift and its easier to fit in 3 x a week if I start on Sunday.

I have been eating more like 1600-1700 and maintaining for a month or so
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It's Summertime! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I need a nap.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to lift today but I drank an entire bottle of wine last night and just can't deal. I'm going to Philly tonight with a friend and tomorrow and will lift when I get back home. Sooooooo tired and hungry!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Note to self, costco cheese pizza is 700 cals PER SLICE. that is all
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Summers in the air for sure. I was on a Sunday, Wednesday, Friday routine. Which meant to weight training Monday and Tuesday I'd be caught up with the kids. I'm moving to Monday, Wednesday, Friday. This way when my kids are home on Tuesday and thursday, I can take them to their ball games, and use the weekends for extra cardio and motorcycle riding! I had picked Sunday morning because the gym was empty, but getting more confident now, so ready to make the jump.

Here I come stage 3!!!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to lift today but I drank an entire bottle of wine last night and just can't deal. I'm going to Philly tonight with a friend and tomorrow and will lift when I get back home. Sooooooo tired and hungry!

^^ oh yes, I've been there many times. I feel your pain!

Sam - 700 per slice? What the heck is on that pizza??

Combat for me this morning before work. Public hols here tomorrow so looking forward to a nice day with the family. Must get lifting in though as can't on Tues. Should be free for workouts the rest of the week as they fit with my work schedule.

All this talk of summer..... totally jealous! Winter has arrived here in Oz - 9 degrees.... yuk yuk yuk. Hate being cold for workouts, takes so much longer to warm up!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

Haha, i was much better than you, I only drank half a bottle of wine so I managed to lift with a hangover yesterday. :smile: Then last night I drank lots lots more and ate all the foods. I managed to go for a 30 minute run today but I don't think that was enough to undo all the damage. Ah well, as long as I've had my fun thats all that matters! :smile: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks for all the advice on the foam roller. there are some in the gym so I will try using them after my next session and see how I feel with that. Yesterday I did a longer stretching session than usual but I was still quite stiff today, stage 2 workout B is a killer! But I really enjoyed it. I'm starting stage 3 on Monday but I'm a little sad that there are no deadlifts in it. I love deadlifting!!

Pudding, those numbers sound amazing, I don't think ill be starting that heavy buy I'll see how I get on on Monday.

dna, those cookies sound amazing!! I hope you managed to eat lots of them.

jpore, i also love your before and after pic. what a transformation! and I am jealous that you have already lost 2 inches! I didn't lose anything after stage 1. ill take my stage 2 measurements tomorrow.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I had a nap today. Didn't want it but I was bored and tired. I took the little one swimming. Sitting in the hot sun was draining.

My next week lifting schedule will be completely disrupted!!! I am not sure how I will get my four days in. I tutor a little Cambodian (American born) boy, lift, Dr appt for son, Church revival meetings, shopping with friend :bigsmile: , and all the usual stuff for home.

Protein is pathetic today. friend brought fresh donuts over again . TWO days in row! :noway: Only had one. . Anyway, I will drink a protein shake before bed.

SAM, WHAT WAS ON THAT PIZZA!!??
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Working on bacon and eggs for the week.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Hello ladies.

A new week is upon us.

I am starting out the week decent in Protein #'s. Close to 100 g.

I hope yall chime in. I am bored.
  • samntha14
    Options

Sam - 700 per slice? What the heck is on that pizza??

A Crap ton of cheese. Like a 1/2 pound of cheese per slice.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Busy busy day and my house is still gross and my laundry isn't done, but screw it, we had fun.

Saturday I lounged outside reading on a picture perfect afternoon. Couldn't get motivated to do anything.

Today, I got up ate breakfast hit the gym for my first WO of Basic Training 2. Came home made lunch and we off to Lewis Morris for some family mountain biking fun. Had fun, got lost, but it was a blast. My new bike is just about the best birthday present ever. Makes my birthday in April a little less sh*tty with all of these new memories to create with my present.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Hey, watch this http://www.upworthy.com/the-story-behind-one-of-the-best-before-and-after-photos-ive-ever-seen?c=ufb2.
    I may contribute to her kickstarter. :)
    I'll have to look at see if I can find the buzzfeed article. It was pictures of fitness competitors after having kids and rediscovering that having the "perfect body" is actually a really crappy way to live, and doesn't really make them happy.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Marking to check that out later :)
  • runzalot81
    Options
    Hello ladies.

A new week is upon us.

My protein sucks :laugh:

Sam, thanks for posting that article. My body has never been perfect.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Hello ladies.

A new week is upon us.

My protein sucks :laugh:

Sam, thanks for posting that article. My body has never been perfect.

if it wasn't for the constipating shakes mine would be too :grumble:
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm a newbie... :) I haven't started yet... waiting for the book to be shipped to me! Since sometime in February I've lost about 15 pounds with aprox 60 more to go! I'm getting bored with cardio and have always enjoyed strength training more than cardio... I have heard a few people say this program is not for people who need to lose substantial amounts of weight. Anybody on here lose 50+ pounds doing strength/weight training vs cardio? What are your thoughts on this?