Introduce Yourself!

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• mamaboys3
    mamaboys3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Today is one full week. I'm down a total of 2.6 pounds, so no complaining. I think I will start weighing myself only after DDs and then use the same day each week as the reference date to record weight. I have been eating a lot of carbs and salt on UD, not overeating, just eating whatever sounds good (like pasta)!

I'm excited to keep going!
  • praterteaches
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this diet. I've been doing low to very low carb eating and I've hardly lost any weight. About 5 lbs in a total 2 months. I been very good the whole time. My cheats have my 1 slice of Ezekiel bread, 3 cups popcorn, 1/2 cup ice cream, some beans, It's been terrible. It seem the lower carb I go the easier it is for me to gain weight instead of losing.

Anyway, I'm 59 years old, post menopause, and I am 50 lbs overweight. I do not want to turn 60 next year and still be overweight. So I'm going to give this diet a try!
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

It takes a bit of getting used to but the key to remember is that you only have to diet one day at a time.
  • eijasalleh
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have just started about 5 days ago with 2DD and 2UD. Today is my 3rd DD. So far I am so loving it. I jumped straight from low carb high fat diet of 2 months into this moderate carb juddd as I just can't do without carb asI will be chewing everyone's head for sure. ????

Thing is..I am still at the same weight I started 5 days ago. No up or down. What do you guys think I did wrong? I am 5'2" weighing 158 and would like to shed around 35 pound more. My DD is around 350 cal and UD is 1700 cal. Help as I don't want to give this up. Thanks peeps!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    If you introduced carbs, your body has replenished it's glycogen stores (WATER WEIGHT). The fact that you haven't gained actually can be seen as a loss. When I reintroduced carbs, I gained 3 pounds which went away the first week on JUDDD. I'd say you're doing great!
  • LaporshaS
    LaporshaS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new to the concept of JUDDD. It's crazy because I had been flirting with the idea of intermittent fasting when I saw it mentioned here on MFP. I had planned to follow a vegetarian diet every other day, which I still may do. I haven't decided. But I do want to try JUDDD. I am not sure how to go about it though... I have to do a bit more moving around but I think I can make it work.

I am not a vegetarian but I do enjoy the diet. I love large amounts of fruits (the fiber does me good!) and I love steamed veggies! So perhaps I will stick to salads and low cal fruits on down days, and smash in the fruits and any seafood or meat on the up days.

My main goal and the biggest change I want to make to my diet is to eat less processed, greasy, and/or fried foods and junk. It's hard, because it's all my family eats but I want to make the change. I hope JUDDD can help me along the way!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Welcome LaporshaS. It sounds like you have laid the ground work out. Wish you all the best!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sharon! I'm new to JUDDD. This is my 11th day doing it and so far, so good. Had kind of a rough time last night on my 5th DD but it's all good. I haven't weighed in yet because I wanted to give it at least a couple weeks to get used to it. I have notices my clothes feel a bit looser. A few people have commented that I've lost weight so that's a plus. I plan to weigh in on Saturday. Anyway, I'm glad to have found this group for support and motivation. I lost weight before by just counting calories and and exercising using MFP as my way to track everything. Then I plateaued for quite a while and by the time the holidays hit last year, I had stopped counting calories and started eating everything in site. Stopped weighing in, too. In May of this year, I went to the doctor and learned I had gained back about 18 lbs. Hence, I've started JUDDD. I hope this helps me to take the extra weight off and helps me to reach my goal I never did make it to.
  • kel7298
    Options
    Best of luck to you!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just started this plan this week. Two DD down; despite trying, I've averages about 650 cals on both DDs, and it was hard. And now the headaches. Wondering if it's b/c I don't do well on any low carb diet, and by nature the DD are very low carb, (just so I can stay full). Anyway, the mere 3 days on this diet have been good to get rid of excess water weight hanging around from summer parties. So I'll stick to this for 2 weeks and see if this is working. I have 10lbs I want to lose; so the DD amount given to me is very low on the website (360 or so?); way too low for me! And the UP day is not that much either (1600 or so); So I'm going to shoot for 500 on DD and perhaps 200 on UP (don't really want to count on UP too much). Any words of wisdom, advice appreciated!
  • kel7298
    Options
    it sounds like you got it all figured out...I agree, give it a couple weeks and see what happens
  • Vogela824
    Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just re-started JUDDD.... I lost over 10lbs in just a few weeks, but then was on hiatus for a while due to vacation and life changes, but now I'm back and excited to do this! I love this diet and have promoted it to other friends and co-workers. Today was a hard DD, but the first few always were. I'm hoping to make friends with other people doing this diet for support!! Feel free to add me! ;D LET'S DO THIS! ♥♥♥
  • mybabyblue
    mybabyblue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Deb and I am going to start the Juddd plan on Monday. I hope to get my daughter on this also. I hope this works for as it has for others. was on Atkins and lost 43 lbs in 6 months then went on long vacation with hubby and gained most of it back. I think not being so restrictive every day will work better for me. Even on vacation I think I could do this.

Well come Monday we will see.
  • mybabyblue
    mybabyblue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Deb, just started this today. I hope it works for me. I have real problems with just sitting at my desk all day and snacking on any thing salty crunchy like chips and snack mix. hope to break that trend. Today will be DD with protein drink for breakfast , lunch and chicken breast and green beans for dinner. how are you doing?
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing this for about a month and so far it's working well; am losing between 1/2 and 1 pounds/week, which is very good for me. I usually have coffee with almond milk for breakfast, a salad at lunch and then something for dinner...working well. Good luck!
  • SarahandAliJames
    SarahandAliJames Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 40 lbs to lose. I gave birth to a wonderful son in April of 2013 and then to a little girl in June 2014! C-sections both times so I have the dreaded pooch. :( I have lost 4lbs so far doing ADF (JUDDD). I'm on day 8. This is as low as my weight has been since I got pregnant with my son! I have 11 more pounds to lose to get to my pre-baby weight. I'm 25 and haven't been in onederland since I was about 18. That'll be a HUGE day for me. 5'10" and goal weight is 170lbs--I love some of my curves and wanna keep em'! Very new to MFP and JUDDD and would love to have some friends on here to keep me encouraged! Anyone with my height with similar goals?
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have just started after having been on Weight Watchers for 3 1/2 years been at goal for over 2 1/2yrs having lost 106lbs, but would like to lose a few extra pounds and would also like to have a few treats which I haven't been able to do with WW, I am on 1200 calories with MFP just to maintain and it was begin to wear me down, so here I am two dds done and I was surprised to find I quite enjoyed it, haven't really got the hang of the UDs yet still restricting myself as I am so scared to pick up weight, but next week I will try and give myself a treat, really would like a piece of rhubarb pie with some custard, haven't had any for years now. :smile:
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Well done you for sticking to WW getting to goal and staying there for 3.5yrs.

ADF or JUDDDing does work and you do need to eat on the up days. Its hard because it is so counter intuitive after a regimen like WW (I did WW in my past).

You clearly have the will power to stick to something so think of it this way; on the down days you are under eating by 75%. If you don't eat normally (and I emphasize normally) on an up day, you are starving yourself. So turn off the guilt and enjoy your rhubarb pie & custard on your up day.
  • leahbooth1
    Options
    Hi! My name is Leah and I started Juddd last week and I LOVE it! I've been doing low carb off and on for years. It's been a while since I've counted calories, but I'm getting the hang of it.