Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    runz, that sounds like the best day ever. For a mom doing what you love and being lazy with it is just paradise. I love baking, but I'm a terrible cook, so everything is mixes from boxes lol. Hope your knee feels better quick.

JD, the swelling can be off putting, but it does subside after a while. It's also one of the reasons why I only weigh myself after a rest week. 've tried working out with a few people, but it never really worked out (no pun intended) I'm more inclined to pass my books along and pay it forward lol.

Hubby went for a morning ride, crashed hard (not injured) and is now sleeping until we go to the movies at 5:00. I signed him up for $ shave club. I love self-serving gifts.
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi daily chat ladies. I finally started stage 2 today. I'm not sore yet but I have read all over this forum that I will be tomorrow! I took advice in this thread and upped the step height for the step ups. Now up to 6 risers and the bench but I had to drop back from 25 to 20 pounds. It's a very ssllooww step up now so I guess it's working the quads even more. OMG the one-point rows were extremely hard balance-wise and really had my heart rate up. I don't know if I will really have those down after only 4 workouts.

For 2b I am looking for interval advice. Did anyone use eliptical for it? I hate treadmill. Other ideas?

One last thing - big difference from stage one to stage two... I WANT every second of those 75 second rests. I was worried they would be too long - surprise!
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Samantha, I absolutely LOVE zumba for the sheer joy of dancing not to mention the great cardio workout. I try to go 2-3 times a week on non lifting days. Sometimes I am still body tired from lifting and I can't work out vey hard in zumba but it's still fun. Inhopr indent havemto give it up during stage 2 because of the intervals.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 2/3 for the week.i did my lifting and my acupuncture but was not even close on the protein.

Runza - I started doing c25k with my family. My girls and DH need the exercise- and I am not biking for a bit so we started it and will pick a 5k in the fall.

I cooked the whole weekend made cheese and Mac onfriday.Really it was mosty cheese. I love baking - but my husband asked me not to bake on Father's Day.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sam what's the$ shave club?

Ari good luck with stage 2
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So I'm 1/3 this week. Got my water but didn't make it with the protein and didn't do my stretches either.

Anyway, I'm feeling very motivated again. I'd been feeling kinda down these past weeks. Neither the scale nor the inches have been moving in the right direction. So I took the past 2 weeks off to eat all the food in an effort to normalize my hormones, and eat I did. I gained 1.2 lbs! But the break also gave me a chance to go back and read one of my favourite fat loss books: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. One of the early chapters is about the importance of having goals: 12 month, 3 month, weekly, and daily goals. And also having goals of beating personal bests. I just typed up all my goals. It really reminded me why I'm doing this in the first place.

To meet my goals, my plan this week:
    1. 3 days of lifting. I'm going to be starting Basic Training III in NROLS.
    2. 1 day of HIIT cardio.
    3. 1650 cals on non-lifting days, 1880 cals on lifting days. This averages to TDEE-14%.
    4. 25% of cals should be from protein
    5. 6 cups of water daily
    6. 3 days consisting of 20 mins of stretching
    7. No eating after 8 pm.
    8. Eat 3 servings of vegetables daily. This is hard for me because I hate veggies.

So excited to be recommitted to getting all this fat off.

BTW, redlips, I LOVE those non-fitness goals. I think I need to come up with some of my own.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    I'm totally giving myself 2/3 for the week. And, that's the best I'll do this week, too, given that I'll only get weight-lifting in on Mon/Tues.

:(

what-evah! Movin' on and trying to be grateful for everything good that is going on, instead!
    BOOM!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been really bad this weekend. I was out for a friends 30th on Sat night and drank lots and lots of wine. and then ate lots and lots of food! I think I actually went over maintenance calories last week. Its hardly surprising that I am not losing any weight when i do that most weekends but by mid week I have still convinced myself that there is something wrong with me that I am not losing! I need to get more strict with my diet.
    Last week I got 2/3, got in plenty of protein and lifted 3 times but failed utterly on my calories!
    I have logged all of my food for today and I only have 64 grams of protein. :grumble:

Today I did 3B2, I like the start of the workout but there is too much core work at the end. I get bored doing all of that. Also, I don't understand how this happens but the prone cobra really hurts my shoulder! I have tried holding my arms in different ways and it still hurts. Does anyone else experience anything like that?
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Marieann, I was busting at the seems for a long time. I went whole weeks just committed to skirts and dresses. I didn't start seeing a downward trend until the second half of Stage 3.

Okay...thanks for letting me know. Thank goodness it is dress and skirt weather, now. I can see changes in my body but it is so different than when I lost weight doing cardio and low-calorie diet--it's good to be reassured.

I have my first AMRAP's today Stage 1, A. Any advice?

SO looking forward to starting phase 2 after I get back from my road trip next week.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Marieann, some folks just love AMRAPs. For Stage 1 and 2, I was bored out of mind and couldn't focus and wasn't really pushing myself. For Stage 3, I set the timer for 2 minutes on each exercise. I did as many reps as I could for 2 minutes and that worked out really well. Sometimes, I needed to stop before time was up but that was fine and I was genuinely fatigued. On exercises that call for reps left and right, I started with my non dominant left side and worked with the timer. On my stronger right side, I would match the left and see if I could do a few more.

I'm into Stage 4 and my measurements are holding steady. I've also been going over calories regularly :blushing:

DouMc, I feel like I'm working a puzzle sometimes regarding protein.

I'm going out to dinner with a friend tonight and all my calories are planned out. I'm still nervous that we'll start drinking and just have ourselves a little party :grumble:
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello gals
    I'm new leafing today, meaning starting a push cycle for fitness. I ran on Saturday but mostly this week last week was a break week. Ate and drank kinda too much. I made chocolate brownies with real chocolate but used Almond meal in place of wheat flour. Not really for any special dietary reason but to use up some almond meal I had left over from making almond milk. Anyway nice recipe for those who are strict about no grains.

I mapped out my work out plan for summer and I'm joining the local community center to use their facility for the next three months and put my cheap gym membership on hold. I have a family wedding to attend in about month and i want to be HOT.

Give myself 1.5/3 for the last week...
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Runzalot--I hear you...AMRAP's were pretty boring today. I did push myself to fatigue on all but step-ups. I feel like jello now. What is the idea behind AMRAP's anyways. I am sure I read it in the book but cannot recall why we do it.

So my goals for this week are: No eating/drinking (other than H20) after dinner. Nightly walk/hike with the dog. Finish Phase 1.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread, but now I have no time to comment, lol!

KEEP LIFTING HEAVY STUFF EVERYONE!

I'm 2/3 this week. I did good on sleep and I managed 2 lifting sessions plus a 20 min HIIT session.
    This week will be bad ladies. I've pretty much resigned myself to just maintaining until July. My Summer is suddenly very busy. I will probably just get a few HIIT workouts this week(out of town) and aim for 100 grams protein daily. Not going to make any promises on cals. Things will calm down soon enough- just gotta keep focused until then!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Do I have goals? If I do I have no idea what they are. My bad.

Let's try to change the mindset a little here ladies. Instead of saying, "I was bad." when we don't necessarily follow our diet plans or hit the gym like we want. Stop wearing this stuff as personal failures. You went out and lived your life. There's nothing bad about. All good (or bad) things in moderation. and quit punishing yourselves for being human. When I hear people say, "Oh my God I ate a cookie." I seriously want to reach through my computer and smack you, lovingly. The world will NOT stop turning because you missed a workout or two or because you enjoyed your food over the weekend. Now if you stopped going to the gym all together and ate like a pig every day of your life, then you would have something to worry about.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    And.......I'm back in friends. Did 3B tonite and feeling back on track.

Yeah a cookies not gonna kill a ya. Unfortunately I can hardly ever stop at one or two before turning into the cookie monster. One of those trigger foods for ^me.

Waiting for the right ham to fully cooperate but I'm back :))
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Sam you're absolutely right about that. We do what we do so we can have the stuff we want. Instead of punishment, our exercise should be fun and what we do to enjoy life fully and instead of feeling like we have work harder when we eat treats.

So I'm not going to claim any goals this week. My macros were iffy, I didn't read a single line of NROL4L, and at least 3 days were logged after the fact and probably not very completely. My gf was here from England and we trekked all over Manhattan, and went to Medieval Times, Staten Island, downtown, Times Square, 5th Avenue. It was great to have her here, but she wore me out everyday! I'm glad to be back to my usual days!

I lifted this morning - I am going to have to see a sports doctor, while I was benching, I could feel clicking in my delts (at least I think that's where it is). No pain while lifting but I have a general overheated sensation in my shoulder, and a stiff, tight neck muscle.

My goals are the same for this week.
    1. Truthful logging
    2. Hit macros
    3. Finish reading 4Life (and maybe get started on that routine)

I'm pretty tired tonight. Going to go to bed early.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Let's try to change the mindset a little here ladies. Instead of saying, "I was bad." when we don't necessarily follow our diet plans or hit the gym like we want. Stop wearing this stuff as personal failures. You went out and lived your life. There's nothing bad about. All good (or bad) things in moderation. and quit punishing yourselves for being human. When I hear people say, "Oh my God I ate a cookie." I seriously want to reach through my computer and smack you, lovingly. The world will NOT stop turning because you missed a workout or two or because you enjoyed your food over the weekend. Now if you stopped going to the gym all together and ate like a pig every day of your life, then you would have something to worry about.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

I made the decision way back at the start that there would be no 'good' or 'bad' foods etc - too easy for my kids to become fixated on all that stuff. In all honesty, **** happens - you go out for dinner, there's a birthday party, people come over and you crack open that bottle (or two) of wine (although, seriously, I only need one glass before I'm incredibly giddy lol :blushing: ).

I shall give myself 2/3 for this week - my water intake was a bit crappy on some days, as in I just plain forgot. I did manage to drink an average of 1 water bottle a day though, just not the 2 that I wanted.

I've scheduled a rest week for the first week of our school holidays... so in 2 weeks time. Going chill with the little peeps before sending them off to their grandparents place the next week :wink:

Oh! And I picked up my squat rack on the weekend - it's fantastic! The bench needs a little bit of grease to make it move a little better, but seriously, that's all the work that needs doing. AND it came with 60kg (2x20 + 2x10) of extra weights and another bar. So excited!! :bigsmile:

2qa7dc4.jpg

I seriously need to clean out the garage so I can use it properly, but it looks so lovely :heart:
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I hate AMRAPS and decided not to do them anymore after stage 1. I was too bored :P

Did Stage3A3 and finally found my groove with the moves. I like this workout 10x better than workout B. For some reason today the 90 second planks were so hard and I dropped at 85 seconds for the second and third set. I just could not go on! I was feeling so much in my lower back.

I got the one legged Romanian deadlifts up to 25lb dumbells and for my fastest time ever on the BWM: 2:56 :)
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hello all....lifting today was fun. I went early so that I could catch up with the USA vs. Ghana World Cup Match. And the USA won! Those last few moments of the game were nail-biting!!! GO USA!!!!
    I love when this time rolls around, even though I have to wait every four years!

I am checking in at 3/3!! Today, I had 101g of protein!! I continue to avoid "visible" carbs, and bicycling on Thursdays, until the Thursday Zumba class returns.

Lift on ladies!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread, but now I have no time to comment, lol!

KEEP LIFTING HEAVY STUFF EVERYONE!

I'm 2/3 this week. I did good on sleep and I managed 2 lifting sessions plus a 20 min HIIT session.
    This week will be bad ladies. I've pretty much resigned myself to just maintaining until July. My Summer is suddenly very busy. I will probably just get a few HIIT workouts this week(out of town) and aim for 100 grams protein daily. Not going to make any promises on cals. Things will calm down soon enough- just gotta keep focused until then!

....I think I will follow your lead....I seem to be floating along, unsure of how to manage my days when I cannot get my (scheduled) lifting in!

I don't think I'll do any HIIT (I don't like it!), but I might even manage the odd 10- or 20- minute walk, as many times throughout the day as I can.

My protein needs aren't as high, either....I'm aiming for 85g.

AND MORE WATER!

BOOM!