Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Had a good 11-mile run today early in the morning. Averaged 9:22 pace. That's my last run of the month and I finished June with 145 miles total. By far my highest month yet. Now the real marathon training starts!!

Amazing!!!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    A nice relatively easy 11(ish)km this arvo after work. Got home, got changed, looked at the sky, crossed my fingers and headed out. I'm exploring the hill trails around my place during a break from my 'program' Got rained on a few times, but nothing horrendous and seeing as I seem to be a relatively 'warm' runner it was a nice cool down. Left Soleus is a bit niggly on the up hills, but nothing major. I will keep an eye on it though. All the nasty hills seemed to be in the first half of my run, finished the run out with the last 5k probably a sub 30min run. (Although mostly downhill, but trail hills that you can't 'really' open up on)
    It was a little further than planned, and a lot more elevation but a great run!
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    These intervals are going to be the death of me!! Today was 12r, 1w, 12r, 2w, 12r, 3w, 12r, 4w, 12r. Couldn't do it...again. I just get to the point after the second interval where my mind is just like "Nope, we're not doing this". So once that happened, I turned my training app off and just decided to "go". I made it about another mile and a half, got into the zone, and promptly tripped over a bit of sidewalk and skinned my knees pretty good. I was able to finish run/walking my 6 miles. My knees (especially my right one) are pretty sore when I move to sit or stand, but feel fine with walking.

Please tell me it's most likely just a bruise and not an injury :(. I mean, if I really hurt myself wouldn't my knee swell up rendering me barely able to walk??
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    These intervals are going to be the death of me!! Today was 12r, 1w, 12r, 2w, 12r, 3w, 12r, 4w, 12r. Couldn't do it...again. I just get to the point after the second interval where my mind is just like "Nope, we're not doing this". So once that happened, I turned my training app off and just decided to "go". I made it about another mile and a half, got into the zone, and promptly tripped over a bit of sidewalk and skinned my knees pretty good. I was able to finish run/walking my 6 miles. My knees (especially my right one) are pretty sore when I move to sit or stand, but feel fine with walking.

Please tell me it's most likely just a bruise and not an injury :(. I mean, if I really hurt myself wouldn't my knee swell up rendering me barely able to walk??

Fine with movement is generally a good sign that it's not a bad injury and should heal up quickly.
    Hope that's the case!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ran my first sub-35 5K race today! That was my goal for sometime this summer. This course is hilly & tough, and it's hot, so I was pretty sure this wasn't going to be the race where I did that, but I was hoping to finish in the 35-36 range because my training runs on this route are in the 38 range. Finished in 32:27!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Ran my first sub-35 5K race today! That was my goal for sometime this summer. This course is hilly & tough, and it's hot, so I was pretty sure this wasn't going to be the race where I did that, but I was hoping to finish in the 35-36 range because my training runs on this route are in the 38 range. Finished in 32:27!

Way to go Laura! That's awesome!

Today I was at the Peachtree Road Race - the largest 10K in the world. I was doing photography for the track club so not really racing it. But I was all over & up and down the course taking photos. Ended up running 10 miles total, but most of that very slow with lots of stops. Plenty of free beer along the way to keep me hydrated. My wife raced it and finished in 46-something (official results are not out yet). Overall I had a great time. There are literally people along every foot of the 10K course and stuff going on all over the place. So much to see when you are not racing it!
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ran W11D1 today. It was a BIG improvement compared to the previous two weeks. Thankfully, my knee cooperated with me :)
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    Pioneer parkrun this morning, ended up doing 5.5 laps, instead of the 2.5 as I needed to make up some weekly mileage. About 1km I tagged onto a lady who I was pretty sure normally runs in the 24's at Pioneer. Stayed with her most of the way, with a little bit of chatting now and then. We we're both meant to be taking it easy, as I planned another 5k after I finished and this was her first run back in a week after a cold.
    Strava was telling me we were doing well, though it's always hard there as GPS's don't read the course accurately. Pushed on at the end as I knew I was close to a PB and managed a 4 second PB. Went and had my barcode scanned and then did my remaining 3 laps. Ended up with a 10k pb too, and that's 10 pioneer KM's which is probably closer to 10.5 true ones.
    5k - 24:47
    10k - 55:37

Whooo! Happy with that!
  • timeasterday
    Options

Whooo! Happy with that!

That's fantastic!! Way to go!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Way to go Laura! That's awesome!

Today I was at the Peachtree Road Race - the largest 10K in the world. I was doing photography for the track club so not really racing it. But I was all over & up and down the course taking photos. Ended up running 10 miles total, but most of that very slow with lots of stops. Plenty of free beer along the way to keep me hydrated. My wife raced it and finished in 46-something (official results are not out yet). Overall I had a great time. There are literally people along every foot of the 10K course and stuff going on all over the place. So much to see when you are not racing it!

Thanks Tim!

Hope you got some great shots. And congrats to your wife on an awesome time!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Ran W11D1 today. It was a BIG improvement compared to the previous two weeks. Thankfully, my knee cooperated with me :)

When I did C25K week 8 was awful. All 3 runs of it. I wondered if I had found my running threshold. Then W9 was so much better. Glad your knee held up for you!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Pioneer parkrun this morning, ended up doing 5.5 laps, instead of the 2.5 as I needed to make up some weekly mileage. About 1km I tagged onto a lady who I was pretty sure normally runs in the 24's at Pioneer. Stayed with her most of the way, with a little bit of chatting now and then. We we're both meant to be taking it easy, as I planned another 5k after I finished and this was her first run back in a week after a cold.
    Strava was telling me we were doing well, though it's always hard there as GPS's don't read the course accurately. Pushed on at the end as I knew I was close to a PB and managed a 4 second PB. Went and had my barcode scanned and then did my remaining 3 laps. Ended up with a 10k pb too, and that's 10 pioneer KM's which is probably closer to 10.5 true ones.

Whooo! Happy with that!

Congrats on the 2 new PBs! Those are awesome times.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Ran an easy 10K this morning. Started raining lightly about 2.5 miles from home so I did pick up the pace because there were dark clouds behind me. Ended up setting a new PB by about 30 seconds. My 5K race on Friday was also approx. 30 seconds faster than my prior PB, so it's been a good running week for me. This was my longest run since my half two weeks ago. I felt pretty stiff the first mile but then loosened up and the rest of the run felt good.
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    W11D3 today...felt good...ready to blow through W12 (only adding 1 minute to each interval so I don't expect much issue) then it's on to the biggies...2 22 min runs, 2 25 min runs, 2 30 min runs, then an hour straight...that sounds daunting, but so did running 20 minutes straight a few weeks ago so...I'm ready :)
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Ran an easy 10K this morning. Started raining lightly about 2.5 miles from home so I did pick up the pace because there were dark clouds behind me. Ended up setting a new PB by about 30 seconds. My 5K race on Friday was also approx. 30 seconds faster than my prior PB, so it's been a good running week for me. This was my longest run since my half two weeks ago. I felt pretty stiff the first mile but then loosened up and the rest of the run felt good.

That does sound like good week! Great progress Laura!!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    W11D3 today...felt good...ready to blow through W12 (only adding 1 minute to each interval so I don't expect much issue) then it's on to the biggies...2 22 min runs, 2 25 min runs, 2 30 min runs, then an hour straight...that sounds daunting, but so did running 20 minutes straight a few weeks ago so...I'm ready :)

You can do it!!! Great job!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Last week I hit my highest weekly mileage yet - 38 miles. 30 of those miles came during Thursday through Sunday. And I was definitely feeling the effects after my 12-mile long run yesterday at 9:19 average pace. I'm a little "out of it" this morning and will probably collapse on the sofa as soon as I get home from work. My overall mileage is a bit lower the next two weeks even though my long run ramps up to 14 miles. Only 4 months to the marathon!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Last week I hit my highest weekly mileage yet - 38 miles. 30 of those miles came during Thursday through Sunday. And I was definitely feeling the effects after my 12-mile long run yesterday at 9:19 average pace. I'm a little "out of it" this morning and will probably collapse on the sofa as soon as I get home from work. My overall mileage is a bit lower the next two weeks even though my long run ramps up to 14 miles. Only 4 months to the marathon!!

That's a lot of miles - especially the Thursday through Sunday 30! No wonder you're tired.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Finished my 22+ miles/week for June successfully and now plan to ease up a little bit, just a little bit, through July and then ramp up again in August. On Friday I got an 8 mile run in, early in the morning, before everything else got started. I also ate well within my calories that day. Then I went to a flyball tournament that had a woman selling the best baked goods I've seen for a while. Her brownies (various types, including expresso) just melted in the mouth with chocolateliness. Her key lime cake was terrific and you could add ice cream on top. My eating well plan went up in smoke!

I didn't run on Saturday as such, but got well over 20k steps in just with walking around. On Sunday morning when I was running my 4 mile run, I was considering how just going to a flyball tournament would wipe me out for days and here I was getting up early just to run 4 miles between the two days. I am so pleased with how far I've come and that I had the ability to just relax and throw all my good eating out the window for two days, knowing that I would get right back to healthy eating as soon as I got back home, and I have. I'm also going to relax when I drive to Houston, TX and back, not go crazy, but relax some as far as eating. I will fit my runs in though and work on my strength training. Once I get back home from that trip, my plan is to go back to proper for me eating, even during flyball tournaments..

I really want to do well in my half marathon in September!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's run was hot and muggy, but otherwise good. Since I'm helping my friends train for a 10k, I'm running at their pace. It makes for a pretty relaxed run for me. So much different from the first time I did the 5 to 10k program. Yesterday, my friend was saying how there's no way she would have finished the run if I hadn't been there encouraging her to keep going. She commented that I wasn't breathing heavy. I am enjoying these runs with them, but need to make time for more runs at my pace/ distance.