Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I think it could be done. The last sessions are all so short - 2-1/2 weeks each if you can squeeze 3 in a week. It'll be close!
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I plotted them all out on my calendar and I should just make it.

Tell me about your stage 6 experience, Blue--looks like a totally different game. Harder? Easier? About the same?
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    If I remember correctly the workouts went really fast! A few new exercises added to the mix - the negative chin up, barbell squat, elevated push ups. dumbell 2 pt row. It was good and it was quick! Seemed to be a lot of upper body. You can tell you're working different body parts by the DOMs in different places :laugh: I seem to get them at the start of every new stage. I'm glad I did it even tho it was optional. I figured anything that makes me stronger is a good thing, so I did it.

It's going to be another glorious day here today - high 80s today and tomorrow - bring it on :bigsmile: I was going to go for a run this morning but I noticed a twinge in my back when I got out of bed. I decided to ride the bike instead. Not sure what I did - yesterday was deadlifts and shoulder presses. It could have been either of those. I did 15lb shoulder presses in stage 7 and upped them to 20 for the first two workouts. I tried the first set at 25 yesterday but found it too tough. I'll bet that's what it was - too much weight and bad form. Sitting here at work, I can still feel it :sad: I'm hoping it doesn't derail me!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Take some ibuprofen and ice it when you get home--I had some lower-back twinging when I first started the program and that helped.

I'd love to have your weather. It's swampy here today. I'm meeting the DH for lunch as I don't want to eat here. Too warm.

Thanks for the info re: 6. I finally started doing regular rather than knee pushups. I'm still cheating--I let my legs go onto the floor as I go back down so I'm not using my upper body alone to push the legs back up :) Elevated push ups sound like a treat.

I started reading Supercharged last night. Might be where I go next.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Elevated pushups where your FEET are elevated LOL I never quite got there - I didn't manage full pushups till the very end of the program :laugh: So now I'm able to do them properly and am still working on form. I'm like you where my knees tend to bend on the way back up.

Let me know what you think of supercharged. 4Life is pretty similar. I may just be ready to switch by September and I'll join you :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    sounds good. I have both books :) My DH was marveling last week that I have a bit of a NR library now!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    For your reading pleasure :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1357916-i-am-a-survivor

and my *kitten* still hurts lol
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Your *kitten* still hurts from your last lift?

So what's your recovery mandate? So many days of hardly moving, then adding a bit of exercise?
  • clambert1273
    Options
    lol my *kitten* hurts from sitting/laying too much ...bahhhhhhhhh it cramps every time I stand up .... sucks....

Doc tells me lift as tolerated but go slow in progressing weights and if I don't feel good to stop and rest....
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Ahh. And when are you supposed to go back to work?
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Oh she is here! YAY! But we seem to have lost Megan somewhere along the way ...

Happy, happy day for me - I'm this><close to actually having a scale victory!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Haven't had one since April 2013. It's been a long time coming. I realize this is pretty petty in the grand scheme of things compared to what Christina's been thru, but I'm gonna take this one anyway LOL
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Exciting! Here's hoping it comes soon.

The humidity broke! YAAAAAAy. I'm trying to motivate myself to go take a walk. I shouldn't have sat back down on the couch :)
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Oh she is here! YAY! But we seem to have lost Megan somewhere along the way ...

Happy, happy day for me - I'm this><close to actually having a scale victory!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Haven't had one since April 2013. It's been a long time coming. I realize this is pretty petty in the grand scheme of things compared to what Christina's been thru, but I'm gonna take this one anyway LOL

oh please lol take it - take it all!!!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Jen, I think your humidity turned up here. We don't often get humid days but when we do it's killer! It was 70 degrees and muggy at 5:30 so I went back to bed LOL I will get my lift in tomorrow and my 3rd one for the week on Saturday. I'm so close to a scale breakthru - I'm hoping my day at the fair on Friday doesn't set me back too far. It seems I get really close and then an 'event' happens and I'm up another 2 lbs. Then it takes forever to get back down. Just in time for another 'event! My weight loss is like the price of gas - jumps up really high and then goes down oh, so slowly!!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    My first stronglifts workout in the books! My butt feels so much better lol and of course I wore the best lifting gear...

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/clambert_1273/Mobile Uploads/2014-07/12C20A68-992B-4C83-B5DF-09E6B2087707_1.jpg[/img]
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    So CUTE!! Was your puppy helping you? :laugh: Or just photobombing your picture with his paws? LOL

How did it go? What all did you do?
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Squats, bench and barbell row lol

That dog always photobombs lol she thinks she has to be involved in every thing lol
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Love the socks! and that you're back.

Where is Meg these days?

I did make the 3.5 mi loop around the reservoir today. I can't let just-back Chris be the only one who got a workout in today :)
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Chris - welcome back! Hope you get feeling better soon!!!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'm going to start stage 5 today! I took four days between stages. I realize, though, that this means I'm doing the BWM today. Yaaay. :laugh: