Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    We made a trip to Target to get supplies for our upcoming road trip/vacation and I picked up a couple of different flavors of ice cream/gelato. I tried the Market Pantry Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel, which I had had before and really enjoyed, but that was probably a year or more ago before I was part of this elite group of ice cream fanatics... anyway, I don't know if I am just spoiled by Talenti and other types of Gelato, or if I had a bad batch, or if I was just off - but it tasted really, meh. The base was so light it was almost like eating cool whip. There were very few mix ins also. I had about a half serving of that with the remainder of my Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and there was just no comparison... Even though I had less than a half serving of the Talenti left - it was chock full of the little truffles - every bite had one!

So I don't know if I need to try the Market Pantry again for other flavors, or give it another go...

I did also get some Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch which I'm super excited to try!

How were the pretzels in your Market Pantry sea salt caramel pretzel? I never got that one again. It tasted ok, but I didn't like how the pretzel pieces were soft.

I didn't have enough pretzels to even notice the texture! I was so disappointed. You people have turned me into an ice cream snob! And I love you for it!!!

I feel the same way! Cheap ice cream just doesn't taste the same anymore.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    We made a trip to Target to get supplies for our upcoming road trip/vacation and I picked up a couple of different flavors of ice cream/gelato. I tried the Market Pantry Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel, which I had had before and really enjoyed, but that was probably a year or more ago before I was part of this elite group of ice cream fanatics... anyway, I don't know if I am just spoiled by Talenti and other types of Gelato, or if I had a bad batch, or if I was just off - but it tasted really, meh. The base was so light it was almost like eating cool whip. There were very few mix ins also. I had about a half serving of that with the remainder of my Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and there was just no comparison... Even though I had less than a half serving of the Talenti left - it was chock full of the little truffles - every bite had one!

So I don't know if I need to try the Market Pantry again for other flavors, or give it another go...

I did also get some Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch which I'm super excited to try!

How were the pretzels in your Market Pantry sea salt caramel pretzel? I never got that one again. It tasted ok, but I didn't like how the pretzel pieces were soft.

Have you ever tried the Market Pantry Monster Cookie ice cream?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

That sea salt caramel pretzel was the only one I tried, but I wanted to go back and try some others when I have space. Is it good?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I just finished my pint of Talenti sea salt caramel. Which means I'm completely out of Talenti. o.O The horror.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I just finished my pint of Talenti sea salt caramel. Which means I'm completely out of Talenti. o.O The horror.

I turned my coworker on to Talenti and specifically that flavor. Now she won't shut up about it and has been buying it up at our nearest grocery. Am I gonna have to choke a b i t ch ?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I turned my coworker on to Talenti and specifically that flavor. Now she won't shut up about it and has been buying it up at our nearest grocery. Am I gonna have to choke a b i t ch ?

Thunderdome?

I mean, you can't blame her-- it is a fantastic flavor.
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I had to join the group !!!! The funny thing is I was absolutely uninterested in ice cream until i lost weight ! How crazy is that?! I love Edy's slow charnel , and. I loooove Talenti !!!
    I wanted to introduced you to one more brand i fell in love with two years ago, Enlightened ice cream!!! OMG! It's soooo good and.. HEALTHY ! Yep! Depending on a flavor , it could be between 80-90 cal and 7-9 g of protein !!!! Can you imagine , you eat your ice cream, have fun, and nutrition wise is like you had a glass of milk, even better !!!!
    I am not sure if it's available outside of tristate area , NY NJ CT . It's NY based company . If you have chance , just try it!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Hi guys! I had to join the group !!!! The funny thing is I was absolutely uninterested in ice cream until i lost weight ! How crazy is that?! I love Edy's slow charnel , and. I loooove Talenti !!!
    I wanted to introduced you to one more brand i fell in love with two years ago, Enlightened ice cream!!! OMG! It's soooo good and.. HEALTHY ! Yep! Depending on a flavor , it could be between 80-90 cal and 7-9 g of protein !!!! Can you imagine , you eat your ice cream, have fun, and nutrition wise is like you had a glass of milk, even better !!!!
    I am not sure if it's available outside of tristate area , NY NJ CT . It's NY based company . If you have chance , just try it!!
    Going to have to pass on that.

Also, the other brands of ice cream are not unhealthy.
    [/quote]

I was just searching for stores that carry that Enlightened ice cream yesterday, because Maxx Chewning was eating one in an IIFYM video. He said it tastes like the ice cream that comes in the little cups with the wooden spoon, so I was going to try them. Apparently Giant has them. But yeah, the other brands are not "unhealthy".
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I was just searching for stores that carry that Enlightened ice cream yesterday, because Maxx Chewning was eating one in an IIFYM video. He said it tastes like the ice cream that comes in the little cups with the wooden spoon, so I was going to try them. Apparently Giant has them. But yeah, the other brands are not "unhealthy".
    [/quote]
    Ha ha ha!!!! I didn't try to imply that others are not healthy . Since i watch my protein intake , i have to pay attention to the protein content . I have to fit a lit of protein into not too calory generous budget. I exercise everyday .
    It was not the point of my post . Let's just enjoy our ice cream!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I am intrigued. A place here sells it, I might have to check it out.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Ha ha ha!!!! I didn't try to imply that others are not healthy . Since i watch my protein intake , i have to pay attention to the protein content . I have to fit a lit of protein into not too calory generous budget. I exercise everyday .
    It was not the point of my post . Let's just enjoy our ice cream!
    [/quote]

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I finally had a full serving of the Halo Top chocolate. It was still kinda weird, like it was dry until it started to melt. And it scooped out in chunks, with little pieces flying everywhere. The taste was ok, though. I think I'm just going to eat what's left from the container next week. It's only 80 calories a serving. I'm not sure if you can tell how "dry" it looks from the picture. The arrow is pointing to one of the chunks.

3a56370f-c71b-40a9-9317-c28bcf683d48_zpsfc6e1ce3.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I finally had a full serving of the Halo Top chocolate. It was still kinda weird, like it was dry until it started to melt. And it scooped out in chunks, with little pieces flying everywhere. The taste was ok, though. I think I'm just going to eat what's left from the container next week. It's only 80 calories a serving. I'm not sure if you can tell how "dry" it looks from the picture. The arrow is pointing to one of the chunks.

Hmm. Think I'll just stick to the Edy's when I want the lower cal stuff.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Hmm. Think I'll just stick to the Edy's when I want the lower cal stuff.

I won't buy it again. It's sad, because the lemon cake flavor sounded good, too.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

That sea salt caramel pretzel was the only one I tried, but I wanted to go back and try some others when I have space. Is it good?

Never tried it either. I tried the Talenti Peanut Butter Cup & it's not bad, but I'm not a big fan of Peanut Butter ice creams.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Well, I finally got a serving of Steve's Salty Caramel that had caramel in it. It was a vast improvement. :drinker: For those who prefer saltier caramel flavor (Kruggeri, was that you?) this one would be a good choice. Assuming you get one with plenty of swirl.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having Friendly's Limited Edition Vanilla Pineapple.

It's pretty good. The pineapple bits really make it.

140 cals per serving, which is decent. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got a serving of Steve's Salty Caramel that had caramel in it. It was a vast improvement. :drinker: For those who prefer saltier caramel flavor (Kruggeri, was that you?) this one would be a good choice. Assuming you get one with plenty of swirl.

Yep that was me. I dont know if they sell Steves anywhere around STL I've never seen it? We are in Wisconsin for a few days so I'm sure we will dig up some good ice cream flavors!