Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Post your daily workouts here.

Replies

• aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    HHD all!

Managed 8.5 miles riding last night! yay! Between being sick last week (which I'm now thinking was the flu and not food poisoning) and travel next week, most of my exercise will be walking and strength training whenever I can!

I forgot my other camera but I'll be posting a couple of pics from the mountains shortly!
  • aseymour13
    HHD all!

Managed 8.5 miles riding last night! yay! Between being sick last week (which I'm now thinking was the flu and not food poisoning) and travel next week, most of my exercise will be walking and strength training whenever I can!

I forgot my other camera but I'll be posting a couple of pics from the mountains shortly!

UPDATE: I posted 5 pics from the weekend. Start w/the one that has the moon in it to the right (not bad for being taken w/an Iphone) . For perspective, the pic of the moon, sunset and the valley were taken from the highest point in my profile pic (111,000 feet)
    <<<<<. The waterfall is Minaret Falls and running at about 1/8 of what it should be for this time of year. The rock formation is Devils Postpile and is formed from Volcanic lava after a glacier ran over it. - Geography lesson for the day. Back to work!
  • Dee9394
    Dee9394 Posts: 155 Member
    C25K- Week 5 Day 2 and 22 minutes on elliptical
  • aseymour13
    4 miles walking and 45 mins of circuit training!!!
    Dee - I give you credit on the elliptical
  • Dee9394
    TF- Core 20 + Stretch 40 and C25K- Week 5 Day 3. I struggled with the jogging today, so I will be doing day 3 again this weekend.
  • Dee9394
    4 miles walking and 45 mins of circuit training!!!
    Dee - I give you credit on the elliptical
    Thanks! It's getting easier every time I do it. I wanted to go longer, but yesterday was supposed to be my rest day.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    100 minutes of cardio in the gym this morning, 70 on treadmill and finished off with 30 on elliptical. Then my usual weight machines.
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Hi All, I am looking for a really short but intense workout I can do before going into school to teach. Any suggestions?
  • aseymour13
    100 minutes of cardio in the gym this morning, 70 on treadmill and finished off with 30 on elliptical. Then my usual weight machines.

So you are going to guilt me in to getting at it when I get home tonight???? :tongue: j/k - Great workout!
  • aseymour13
    Hi All, I am looking for a really short but intense workout I can do before going into school to teach. Any suggestions?

What is your time frame? Cardio or weights? I have seen a number of workouts on line that focus on 15-20 mins.
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    I am aiming for 20-25 minutes of mostly cardio, but some strength mixed in would probably be good. Thanks!
  • Smirnoff65
    I am aiming for 20-25 minutes of mostly cardio, but some strength mixed in would probably be good. Thanks!
    What about Insanity?
  • Dee9394
    TF- Fire 30 + Stretch 10
  • aseymour13
    I'll get 3 miles walking later, at least 30 mins in the garden and already finished 45 mins of Circuit training.

Amanda - One thing my trainer talked about for a short Cardio workout (not sure if you are inside or out) but do 3-5 mins high intensity - running or fast walking, walking on an incline - get your heart rate up, then 2 mins walk to bring your heart rate back down, then repeat.
  • aseymour13
    I was able to get some really good walking in around the Lake today - meaning Lake Michigan! Really comfortable today. Tomorrow has the potential to be much tougher....
  • Smirnoff65
    Had a good session in the gym on Saturday afternoon, yesterday and today were both rest days as I start 12 shifts in a row tonight in work which I am dreading but it will help out with spending money for our holiday next month so can't grumble too much, it will mean however that I will lose weight over the next 12 days for sure as I burn a lot more calories when I'm working and I'm sure I will get a gym session or good walk probably every day starting with a gym session tomorrow morning.:drinker:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,795 Member
    20 minutes of weight training and I'm on day 1 of week 6 C25K. Feels good to get the go ahead to run again after my hamstring injury but I'm paranoid of injuries. Trying to do lots of stretching
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Traveling vacations are officially over for the summer so hopefully I'll be getting back into a decent workout routine. I'm on week 5 of 6 non-workout weeks due to my back injury, but I started taking short 1/2 hour walks with my dog as of yesterday and today. I'm hoping to be able to start bootcamp again at the beginning of September. At this point I'm not sure if the minor aches are due to my back not being used, like it usually is, or still from the muscle tear. Last week of vacation so I'll keep walking and hope for the best.
  • Smirnoff65
    Gym session this morning and only got about 4 hrs sleep today so I'm feeling very tired tonight, I may just miss out the walk I was planning tomorrow morning and head straight to my bed when I get home really feel my body needs it. :yawn: :yawn:
  • aseymour13
    Smirnoff - you know to listen to your body. You dont need to get sick!

I did some decent walking today - of course hauling a@@ from one terminal to another to make sure I got my seat might have something to do with it. I did LOTS of walking this week in Chicago. I'm thinking I'm at or over 100 miles for the month or pretty darn close to it. Not as much riding as I would like but that's the way it goes.

I'll work from home tomorrow and hopefully that will enable me to get some good work in!
This discussion has been closed.