Daily check in

Options

Replies

• Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ha. just checked. Sodium intake through the roof. Gotta get that one in check!!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yay that's exciting Kiwi! I look forward to hearing about your progression! :)

Gen-- I know what you mean, I'm the same way with my weaknesses. Nothing wrong with being a little over though! Funny how sodium can sneak up on you though ;)

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, and ended up being over when my bf and I decided on getting pizza. Damn Pizza Hut always gets me! Back at it today though, and I've been under all week anyway so maybe that mishap will even things out a bit.

I also have a bit of a cold, which is a bummer. Here's hoping it goes away quickly.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My problem with pizza is that I can't not eat HEAPS!

@gen, you'll be water retaining, but also your muscles will be filling up with lecithin (I think?) and while you're not getting fatter, you're getting a bit heavier. When we diet our muscles get depleted of this stuff and we put it back on once we eat normally again. It's actually good stuff!

Gym again, did a bit of shoulders, ran 3k (22min) and did balance (yoga). About to make a mega sammich!
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Haven't felt much like checking in the last few days... made cookies yesterday and I ate about a dozen, so I'm taking the lot to work tomorrow to get rid of them.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    That's what I do, send them to work with my husband!!! GET RID OF IT! :P

Had fish and chips for dinner, probably made goal or maintenance but not over.
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nickylee--great job with the run and the tracking!

Ashley--I'm jealous, I just eat more when I'm in a bad mood! Sorry about Pizza Hut, but sounds like you could afford it since you've been good all week.

Gen--I actually love to run in the rain too, as long as it's not so torrential my shoes will soak through! Sorry the scale is creeping up--I bet if you cut sodium it'll come back down.

Coady--taking the cookies to work is always a good idea--put them on someone else's desk!

I have been having a good week--under every day. It's good cuz I'm going to indulge this weekend. In worried cuz I am having some ankle pain--the last thing I need is to have to stop running right now,
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

You are so great with encouragement, all of you. Thank you very much. I'm very relieved that the scale moved back down 0.6lbs this morning. It better had too hahahah!

Yeah sending cookies off to work is a great idea. That's what I did with my chocolate-chips-banana-cake last time ;) I definitively CHOSE who had a piece though. It's too delicious to lose to crappy people :P

So today should be good too. Although the kids and husband talked about ordering tonight... dammit. lol

Have a great day everyone!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the scale learned its place, Gen :P Good luck with the takeout!

Went to the gym yesterday since I had my appointment with my trainer. Did two 1-minute planks (almost died) and one 45-second plank. Moving up! Pushups are getting better too, moved down another level in elevation and still managed 3 sets of 12 :) Did other stuff too but I don't remember now lol.

Still sick, feeling really tired. No energy at all today so I'm skipping the gym and resting. Going to watch some Breaking Bad-- I'm addicted!

Weigh in is tomorrow, lets see how she goes~
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    98bikinisuitedlbs Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! After doing daily weigh-ins and hitting the scale with almost maintenance almost a month ago, August 17 ( as I keep a daily log of my scale readings), up again 4 freakn lbs. The scale is not budging this week and took two rest days (Tuesday and Wednesday) after 3 weeks of consistent workouts as I am recovering from R knee microfracture surgery. Rosie is so freakn frustrated but I just need to let it go and refocus. Honestly, it is frustrating when you have your scale reading and a week later unbelievable the number is 2-3 lbs high. Consistency is the key and dinner will be green smoothies until the scale starts moving. I did cheat today with two pieces of bread as I am eliminating carbs with hoping the scale moves...
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Had fish and chips last night, so having a light day today :) So far doing ok! Super thirsty though!
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ashley--feel better soon, and good luck with weigh in!

98bikini--sorry about your scale increase. I had a similar thing a few weeks ago, and someone pointed out to me that I would have to be thousands of calories over for that to be real! So sometimes various factors cause our weight to fluctuate--it will come back down, just don't let it cause you to fall off the wagon! Maybe your two days of rest caused you to retain some water or something. For me, it did come back down (though not all the way--I was eating too much, just not 1000s of calories too much!). Hang in there--give it more time to see what's really going on.

So, I am going away this weekend and will be definitely taking in extra calories. I probably won't check in again till Monday. I weighed myself this morning and was maintenance, which is so frustrating cuz I have been under calories all week. I still can't get past this 130 plateau. My ankle has been a little sore for days, but it is mild. I think I am going to run this morning cuz I really need to with the weekend coming up--I hope that's not a mistake!
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    Options
    Thank you ladies and Dana,

I am delegating if I should workout as I have never had a high same scale reading for 4 days straight. Today's 105 and feeling pretty hungry. Drinking water and trying to do a semi fast to get rid of 105. Appreciate your encouragement and we will defeat the scale. Hope we can break the plateau. Have fun this weekend!
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    Options
    Someone just challenge me to get two workouts one in the am and another pm. No cardio mainly strength training DVDs. Let's see what happens!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    are you eating enough protein? if you're doing a lot of green smoothies, you might be lacking in other areas.

ASFM, Ive been eating heaps of salt, no idea about true weight.
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Ate a little too much today but I mostly shoved the extra to tomorrow... shouldn't be over for the week if I can keep on track one more day. Also I need to make a point of checking in every day, I've been feeling lazy lately. And actually read the thread beyond skimming... in the meantime good luck everyone :)
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    Options
    @ Kiwi,

Thank you. I increased my protein chicken, cottage cheese and yogurt. Two workouts done yesterday. Now TOM is here and hopefully I can retrieve my 100 in 2 weeks.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    So... I fell down the stairs!!! Hurt my back, fun fun fun times!
    Guess I'll soldier on and see if I can keep to goal for a few days.
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Oh no, Kiwi! I hope you're not hurting too bad :(

I didn't quite get a perfect record this week - I meant to make up for yesterday but it was raining this morning and I went out with friends after work, so I missed my run. Worth it though :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Options
    Lumber sprain :( So stretched or tore the ligaments in my lower back :(
    Codine for the win!
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    Options
    Kiwi, hope you are feeling better lady. No worries just try to focus on diet alone....;0)