Options
    Thursday: (September 11th)

2 DVD miles: The Big Burn, 2 miles of intervals & 2 mini Walk Blasters

0 outdoor minutes.

Goal for September: To be determined

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 115 outdoor minutes

So far: 21 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

@ KristinKory, welcome to the walk challenge for September! We are glad you are here. We all love LS walks also :laugh:

@ bandit5125, enjoy your company that is coming in for the wedding!! How exciting :smile:

@ KymGreer92, glad that you are feeling better... and able to start walking again :heart:

@ handbagfan, feel better fast! Colds are absolutely no fun. Hope that you can walk with us soon, but most important is getting well :flowerforyou: .

@ supplemama, you're welcome hon, Hope that your father continues to improve and that you find some de-stress time for yourself. hugs :flowerforyou:

@ PinkyPan1, good place to leave your stress! Hope that you put it under a rock or something so it stays there :laugh: Great walk :drinker:

@ schafmom, Happy that you are enjoying your new DVD!! Always feel free to adjust your goal however it works for you. It is your challenge and should be a challenge but not discouraging or unattainable a this time for whatever reason. You are doing awesome :glasses: .

@ zichab, I liked your comment :laugh: . When I want something different on the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD I'll customize in a "Completely Blue Walk" : Warm up, Blue mile once or twice, then the cool down. In all of these the walkers are wearing blue clothing :laugh: . I like the Proud Mary song on that Blue walk :tongue: .

@ Leena1119, sounds like a good plan! The most important thing is to enjoy your plan; then you will keep it up, and that consistency is what will get you healthy & fit while losing the weight that you want to lose.
    Feel free to change the plan to suite your need that day. I noticed a free day! Always a good thing to include in a plan! I also often do a long walk the day before a day off. Works for me also to do that. I love both of those two DVDs that you have :wink: . The 4 mile Super Challenge is still one of my all time favorite walks. Well done :drinker: .

Have fun walking my friends :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    SEPTEMBER GOAL: August total miles= 86 I'm going to set a goal of 90, that's about an average of 3 miles per day. That's a stretch goal for me.
    09/01/2014 Mon: AM=0 PM=2
    09/02/2014 Tue: AM=2 PM=1
    09/03/2014 Wed: AM=3
    09/04/2014 Thu: 0
    09/05/2014 Fri: 0
    09/06/2014 Sat: 0
    09/07/2014 Sun: 1 mile outside PM=2
    09/08/2014 Mon: AM=2 PM=3
    09/09/2014 Tue: AM=5 PM=2
    09/10/2014 Wed: 0
    09/11/2014 Thu: AM=2 PM=0

TODAY is Thursday: 2 miles AM + 0 PM = 2 miles today

Total Miles Sept Inside: 25
    Total Miles Sept Outside: 1
    Options
    Pimky, well done!!!!!!

Anne, you are so right, I try and take a day off from walking and I can't do it. I am getting in my workout, I need that time for me in the morning. The afternoon is hit or miss. My bils from Texas are here now, they got here late last night. My friends from Vegas got here Monday, the good thing is they are all late risers so I can enjoy my walk time. One of my bil recently went through gastric bypass, so he appreciates what I am dong. I try to get the majority of my walking and chores done before everyone gets here.

I am going to enjoy the foods at the wedding and have cake, not going to even worry about calories that day. I look fabulous in my dress and can't wait to post pictures!

Thursday Sept 11

9 advanced miles with Leslie

95 miles with Leslie to date

3 miles outside

51 miles outside to date

146 miles total /goal 165

Happy Walking!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    6.91 miles walked today

82.29 miles walked to date

I did the LS moves to my own music today. Did a 5 mile walk using the Leslie moves. Some tracks were fast but then I was glad of a slower one. It made it great fun to do it to my own music. Just tried to remember the Leslie moves but as she says as long as you move to the music it doesn't matter.:happy:
  • lidenalex
    Options
    miles: 68/100
    cal: 0
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great day for a walk....its cool outside so I opened the windows and let in that cool breeze while I walked....felt great
    5 miles with DVD
    17/75
    @Bandit I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!
  • KymGreer92
    KymGreer92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Week of Sept. 7th.

32.5/25 week
    32.5/125 month

I walked with Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles DVD & Exercise TV / Start walking at home 2 miles w/Leslie Sansone on YouTube. I reached my 15,000 steps goal.

I'm starting off slow this week. I had a stomach thing going on but I feel better now. I'm starting back up again.

Kym - 15,000 steps, that's amazing. Glad you are feeling better now. :smile:

Thank you AnnofB. :heart:
  • KymGreer92
    KymGreer92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Week of Sept. 7th.

32.5/25 week
    32.5/125 month

I walked with Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles DVD & Exercise TV / Start walking at home 2 miles w/Leslie Sansone on YouTube. I reached my 15,000 steps goal.

I'm starting off slow this week. I had a stomach thing going on but I feel better now. I'm starting back up again.

Everyone is so sweet here. I love reading everyone's encouragements. It's inspiring. I almost wanted to skip today's walk but now I'm not. Thank you.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Week of Sept. 7th.

32.5/25 week
    32.5/125 month

Everyone is so sweet here. I love reading everyone's encouragements. It's inspiring. I almost wanted to skip today's walk but now I'm not. Thank you.

I do not want to come off as a creeper or anything like that...LOL But I smile everytime I see your name. Greer is my maiden name.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Goal 70 Miles

37Miles done. Total minutes: 559

:smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi walkers. i recently got a fit bit and started with leslie sanson'e dvds. i have a LOT of weight to loose, however i am able to do the 4 mile super challenge.I have two DVDs - Walk it off in 30 days and Walk away the pounds (1-4Miles) This is what i have planned for the week:
    Mon - 3 miles
    Tues- 2miles
    Wed - 1 mile
    Thurs- 4 miles
    Fri- Off
    Sat- Burn 30 (Walk it off in 30 days)
    Sun - Burn 30
    Any suggestions? is this good enough to at least start with the weight loss process and then maybe increase.

Leena1119 - I agree with Texasgardnr... it's a good plan and you can always change it up to suit your needs. BTW, the 4 mile Super Challenge is my absolute favorite of Leslies. :happy: Glad you joined us.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    "Anne, you are so right, I try and take a day off from walking and I can't do it. I am getting in my workout, I need that time for me in the morning. The afternoon is hit or miss. My bils from Texas are here now, they got here late last night. My friends from Vegas got here Monday, the good thing is they are all late risers so I can enjoy my walk time. One of my bil recently went through gastric bypass, so he appreciates what I am dong. I try to get the majority of my walking and chores done before everyone gets here.

I am going to enjoy the foods at the wedding and have cake, not going to even worry about calories that day. I look fabulous in my dress and can't wait to post pictures!"

Bandit, it's so good to have that support from family. Looking forward to those pic's! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    6.91 miles walked today

82.29 miles walked to date

I did the LS moves to my own music today. Did a 5 mile walk using the Leslie moves. Some tracks were fast but then I was glad of a slower one. It made it great fun to do it to my own music. Just tried to remember the Leslie moves but as she says as long as you move to the music it doesn't matter.:happy:

Jean,
    I can't remember which workout it was but Leslie said once that you could actually just walk in place during the entire workout if you wanted... but that she did the side steps and kicks, etc... to make it interesting. (I think it was Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs 3 Mile wo.) But don't take any gold stars away from me if I'm wrong! :laugh: Some days I just don't want to do the tap out thing that turns into lunges with "the arms flying". I usually throw some v steps in. I don't know why Leslie never does v steps. :sad: V steps, we must have more V steps!!!
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Jean,
    I can't remember which workout it was but Leslie said once that you could actually just walk in place during the entire workout if you wanted... but that she did the side steps and kicks, etc... to make it interesting. (I think it was Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs 3 Mile wo.) But don't take any gold stars away from me if I'm wrong! :laugh: Some days I just don't want to do the tap out thing that turns into lunges with "the arms flying". I usually throw some v steps in. I don't know why Leslie never does v steps. :sad: V steps, we must have more V steps!!!
    [/quote]

So I have to ask.....what is a V step?
  • 2essie
    Options
    Jean,

[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to ask. Are they anything like 'jacks'?
  • 2essie
    Options
    I Googled 'V steps'. We call them box steps. Thanks Ann. I get to do those when I do Rosemary Conoly DVD's :happy:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Friday sept 12

8 advanced miles with Leslie

103 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

53 miles outside to date

156 miles total /goal 165

Happy Walking!

tomorrow is the big day!!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! I walked 6.5 miles.
    31/154
  • Sambina32
    Sambina32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know its halfway through September, may I join your group of walking.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Jean,

schafmom - with feet together step out with right foot about 8 inches forward to the right, then step out about 8 inches forward to the left of your original foot position. Then right foot back to original position, then left foot back to original position. Hope that makes sense. :noway: I'm not good at explaining that. But maybe like 2essie you can Google V step and get a better idea. It's sort of like out, out, in in but you are moving forward in the steps and then back to feet next to each other. You are just making a v shape on the floor with your feet.

2essie - "I Googled 'V steps'. We call them box steps. Thanks Ann. I get to do those when I do Rosemary Conoly DVD's"

We have a box step too 2essie, but it's complicated to explain. There's a great youtube clip on how to do it the American way. "How to Box Step/Sexy Dance Moves.