Accountability

Options

Replies

• bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone. Time to review how everyone is doing. I love this part :smile:
    Carrieann : how wonderful, all those NSV's, measurements, tieing shoes, fun, fun. Congrats on the loss too.
    Shannon : thanks for the support. Twonderland was the best I could think of. I agree with Dbeaut, deuceland sounds bad, lol.
    Dbeaut : great loss, another 5 lbs. some of the weight might be water weight like you said, but it's not all water, you're burning fat right along with it (and not adding more) that's an achievement.
    Alana : I like the updates on here too, but I don't like that the groups were separated from under the message boards. I guess there's always a good & a bad. I start almost all my days with an egg in my meal (breakfast sandwich, breakfast burrito, egg in a basket, scrambled, fried...) the protein is good for energy. Great job on all the water, I haven't been able to get mine up to where it needs to be, but I know it will help when I do.

Next weeks goals:
    6+ cups of water EVERY day.
    Burn at least 800 calories exercising.

Have a great week everyone.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mfcw16lNIh1rtn1v2.gif

I BROKE 300!

Does that mean you'll kick me out of the 300-400lb club? ;_;

And I really needed it . . . I was having such a *kitten* week. Too cold to run, too tired to run when I got home to the treadmill . . . didn't want to keep logging accurately . . . ate up to or over my calories most days . . . it was just an all-round discouraging week. I was actually dreading stepping on the scale this morning. I was telling myself that no loss is good loss, or even a slight gain can be understandable, I'm still doing really well collectively. And then I weighed myself and came out of the bathroom like this:

tumblr_m0bn7dDLa71qmaa05o1_400.gif
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    just had a nearly 11lbs loss to post today and I'm so happy!! I was at a standstill for nearly 3 weeks at 317lbs and it was so aggravating for me GRRRRRRR!!!! But today brought me hope and joy once again :-) I am now 306lbs and so much closer to seeing those 200's soon!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • bbrat333
    Options
    dbeaut wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_mfcw16lNIh1rtn1v2.gif

I BROKE 300!

Does that mean you'll kick me out of the 300-400lb club? ;_;

And I really needed it . . . I was having such a *kitten* week. Too cold to run, too tired to run when I got home to the treadmill . . . didn't want to keep logging accurately . . . ate up to or over my calories most days . . . it was just an all-round discouraging week. I was actually dreading stepping on the scale this morning. I was telling myself that no loss is good loss, or even a slight gain can be understandable, I'm still doing really well collectively. And then I weighed myself and came out of the bathroom like this:

tumblr_m0bn7dDLa71qmaa05o1_400.gif

YAY!!! Congrats to you. Great work.
    Not out,this is only for starting in 300-400, nothing says you can't be here till you reach your whole goal.

• bbrat333
    Options
    BettJo64 wrote: »
    just had a nearly 11lbs loss to post today and I'm so happy!! I was at a standstill for nearly 3 weeks at 317lbs and it was so aggravating for me GRRRRRRR!!!! But today brought me hope and joy once again :-) I am now 306lbs and so much closer to seeing those 200's soon!!! WOOHOO!!!

Hmm, nothing then 11 lbs. Great job getting back into it. You don't have to disappear when you don't have a loss though, we all go through it, and we're here to support during those times too.
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    dbeaut Hooray!!!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you! That's fantastic news! Welcome to the 200 club. That's my next proposal for a name :smile:
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    it's 1:30pm here and I've just been up for a few hours taking all my meds and vitamins and supplements then trying to eat a small breakfast. I usually do my exercise in the late evenings since hubby and I are a 3rd shift couple. But I have a weightloss support group meeting tonight at 7pm and not sure how long it will run, so I think I'll go do at least some of workout now. It's storming and yuck here in Georgia today btw :-1: just hate bad weather days!
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Uuuuugh my butt is so soooore. I tried to take a bike ride for the first time in four years and it wasn't . . . it didn't go well.
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I had joined in a similar daily thread on another site but I like this site so I'd love to join in. My highest recorded weight was 384. Lowest I've ever saw was 253. Currently just trying to maintain within a 5 lb range of 330-335 until I have baby nov 10. My goal for this week is keep up my water intake of one gallon per day snd lose the weight I gained from eating out the past two days. My weekly weigh in is on Friday. My first mini goal is to get under 300.
  • shannonin
    Options
    Unfortunately I was up a few pounds today, but I'm pretty hormonal and my usual M.O. is to gain 4-8 lbs right before and drop like stone after, so I'm thinking that's the case. I did go slightly over a few days but not enough to gain 4lbs like I did and I've been feeling super exhausted and nauseated and been crying at sitcoms which is usually a pretty good sign that some hormones are raging, so I'm going to take this gain with a grain of salt and not get to worked up.
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've had another bad few weeks. I've been really stressed and really busy and haven't lost a thing in the last two weeks. Thank goodness I haven't gained either though. It's time to get back on track and I started Friday with getting back on track. Maybe Wednesday morning's weigh in will finally show a loss.
  • bbrat333
    Options
    shannonin wrote: »
    Unfortunately I was up a few pounds today, but I'm pretty hormonal and my usual M.O. is to gain 4-8 lbs right before and drop like stone after, so I'm thinking that's the case. I did go slightly over a few days but not enough to gain 4lbs like I did and I've been feeling super exhausted and nauseated and been crying at sitcoms which is usually a pretty good sign that some hormones are raging, so I'm going to take this gain with a grain of salt and not get to worked up.

And you're on birth control right? lol, last time I dropped over 70 lbs it was going great and suddenly I started gaining for no reason, got exhausted and couldn't keep up, over emotional. Took a test after a week and yep I was 2 months along (and that's after 4 years no bc. I thought I was safe, but it just never took because of my weight).

QuillensMom, great for you. I gained so much back during my pregnancy and although I enjoyed myself at the time, I totally regret it now. Like my dr said, I wasn't REALLY eating for two and I had plenty of storage.

Carrie. Congrats on not gaining through the stress. It's hard and shows your restraint, I'm sure you'll be back on the way down in no time.

dbeaut, few things go well the first time in years. I'd say if you didn't crash it was a good ride (cause I probably would have). Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something you haven't done in a while, it's always a good step to take regardless of whether it goes great or not.

As for me. I only managed to drop half a pound this week. I haven't been exercising like I should, so I'm thrilled that it was at least a little loss. I too have been stressing and tired (which is why I haven't freaked out that I'm getting close to my limits, as long as I'm under on a stress day I'm happy). I didn't get my water in every day either, but I have been the last couple days.

For this week my goal will be to focus on my water and actually pay attention to what I am drinking (haven't been logging my water as it's drunk so I don't know how much I really drank).

Have a great week everyone. Stay positive and active :smiley:
  • shannonin
    Options
    bbrat, I'm not on bc...I'm actually hoping I get pregnant but with my weight my periods have been really REALLY irregular. I'm really hoping that is the case because I was up another 4.6 lbs over the weekend. I didn't track my food but I know I wasn't more than a few thousand over both days. No where near what I'd need to gain that much. This better be period or baby because otherwise I will be sad.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hey y'all!

I had a craaazy week, and am almost glad to be back to work! I drove for 20 hours in a day and a half---ugh. Exhausting---I don't know how truckers do it! But I moved my son from Arkansas back to Iowa, so I am glad for that.
    I ate like a crazy woman, blizzards and tacos and pizza and nuts.... blarg! I went over, heck yeah I did. BUT, not as bad as old me would have. A small blizzard instead of giant; one taco not three.

DBEAUT! welcome to the 200's! Please stay here---we all know what it is like to weigh closer to 400 than 200!
    I am sitting and stuck at 292. But I still smile when I see that 2!
    BBRAT! Congrats on the loss, any loss is a good loss!
    CARRIEANN! Sorry about the stress, that can affect so much---motivation, hormones, appetite --kudos for maintaining!
    SHANNON! I do the same thing before, put on weight and cry---and then the day of I pee about a million times---I always think YAY, there goes another pound---lol
    QUILLENSMOM! Welcome! Congrats on the wee one, is it a boy or girl? Nov. 10 is coming right up! Breastfeeding will turn you into a human calorie burner!
    BETTJO---yay for the loss!

This week for me:
    I gotta keep at the water, it really helps.
    Exercise---every weekday ---this may be tough, my back is killing me after moving this weekend.
    track track track track and track!

Have a great week ladies!
    XOXO
    Alana
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hey y'all!

DBEAUT! welcome to the 200's! Please stay here---we all know what it is like to weigh closer to 400 than 200!
    I am sitting and stuck at 292. But I still smile when I see that 2!

XOXO
    Alana

Yes a 2 is much better, great progress! :)

I'm having our third girl. And I usually gain while nursing actually so going to try my best to change that this time around.

"bbrat333 wrote: »

As for me. I only managed to drop half a pound this week. I haven't been exercising like I should, so I'm thrilled that it was at least a little loss. I too have been stressing and tired (which is why I haven't freaked out that I'm getting close to my limits, as long as I'm under on a stress day I'm happy). I didn't get my water in every day either, but I have been the last couple days.

Maintaining is better than a gain any day so I agree a little loss is wonderful and you are headed dooooown at least :)

I have been doing better back on drinking my gallon of water per day. Couple days only had 96 oz but overall back on track. Really want to do treadmill but having to use Tens Unit just to clean and cook and tend to kids so don't think my body agrees with my mind on that one. Least I can stick to my menu planning, with a splurge day once a week.
  • bbrat333
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone.
    Alana, great job not going as far as you could have. It's so easy to just go wild and eat and eat and eat, lol . Welcome back.
    Quillensmom, honestly, you only had 96 oz a couple days, I'm struggling to get 8 cups, so you're doing great even at 96 oz. Great job.

I was down 1.5 lbs this week :smile: my water was up and since I didn't exercise a lot I credit the water for the loss.

So next week, once again, I need to get my water in. I'm going on an overnight work trip. Hope the hotel has a gym, that would be a fun change, and since I won't have anyone bugging me I can get in whatever time I want.

Have a great week everyone.
  • bbrat333
    Options
    hmm, have I scared everyone off somehow? :'(
    I didn't mean to o:)
  • shannonin
    Options
    I think it's actually the way they display forums now...it used to be so much easier to check the group message boards to see if there was anything new. I don't really have anything to update though. I think I've hit a plateau as I'm staying right around the same weight, but I also have not been as diligent lately. Time to get back on it. Fall has been full of sickness at my house so it's been a rough few months. I'm starting fresh and going to log everything this week no matter how I'm feeling.
  • bbrat333
    Options
    I agree, I dislike how we have to dig our way to the groups now. Hope they find something for that.
  • shannonin
    Options
    It's on their list if "coming soon" stuff. Hopefully that actually means soon