Jo's Packing It On Journal!

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Recent costume I just finished up- thought I'd share since sometimes folks ask about the sewing projects.
    - 20141007_155431_zps278cda3f.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
    New program started yesterday- one full week off- well actually longer than that since it was from Friday through the week into Monday.
    - Did Sprints on Sunday in a field and some generic plyometrics-walking jump lunges and walking sumo squats- I knew my quads were going to be in trouble- and then Monday was pause squats.
    - Needless to say HOLY DOMS TUESDAY. I haven't been this sore in almost two years!!!

LOL- good times. :disagree:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You look great! That costume is amazing on you. Yay for DOMS :D
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Thank you and thank you! :)

and yah for DOMS- they are finally down to a dull roar- I was still pretty sore yesterday- REALLY REALLY frustrated I didn't get up in the AM yesterday to workout- and my BF didn't come down last night- so I'm feeling like I don't think it's fair to go to the gym- esp when I have to be at the studio at 9... and even worse- I had a dance workshop yesterday (which is why I couldn't work out in the PM)... took my bag with my change of clothes- and I apparently left it- and my workout book- and my shoes up at the festival. I'll be back tomorrow- and the manager of the event says it's been secured and waiting for me- but DAMNNNNIIIIT_ no work out this AM either.

So much for my week back!!!! And I can't workout tomorrow night- we have a performance.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo next workout at best will be Saturday AM- so annoying. but I'm going to be playing catch up this weekend.

Mothertrucker.

I am frustrated- but it's okay- I've been dancing- so it's not like I've been doing NOTHING. I might get to do some burpees or something tonight- I don't know. we'll see.
    hovering at 160 currently- which annoys me a little. But whatever- going to keep fighting the good fight.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    2014-10-29_121312_zpsbed9080c.jpg

Fabulous J. Lo pants I purchased last winter in my bulk. Finally rocked them out today.

Man I now love high waisted pants . Oh how little I know as a youngster!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hooooooooooooooootz. I love high waisted anything. ;)
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    love love love those pants! you look great in them!!!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Those are just fabulous! :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    thank you very much ladies :) I'm pretty happy- they have been sitting in my closet for like 10 months!!!! SO AWESOME to finally wear them and be back into my size 8's officially. not that numbers are everything- but lets' be real... it's nice to have my "small" non bulking clothes back. I bought a lot of "cut" clothes last year- and I haven't been able to wear them in forever!! FINALLY!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Gorgeous, you look great in them! :D
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    thank you very much ladies :) I'm pretty happy- they have been sitting in my closet for like 10 months!!!! SO AWESOME to finally wear them and be back into my size 8's officially. not that numbers are everything- but lets' be real... it's nice to have my "small" non bulking clothes back. I bought a lot of "cut" clothes last year- and I haven't been able to wear them in forever!! FINALLY!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Sigh...I love cutting clothes. I am slowly transitioning into bulking ones. Bye bye to all the cute fricken tight skirts I bought over the summer! See you on the flip side!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Man- I've been neglecting my posts!!!

well here's last nights 215 end of the squat session squats.

they are not pretty. 205 was a MUCH cleaner squat.

But- no pain no gainz. And no- I couldn't be bothered to add music- so you have to listen to the vacuum cleaner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVcYAXPWQrA

All in all I'm actually pretty happy with that- it's solid- just not quiet deep enough. And while it felt heavy- it was doable- I think I did 3 x 2- but the past week is starting to ramp up with weight- and down in reps so I'm trying to actually push instead of just coast.

I hate the way those pants look on me- I think they add 10 pounds at least- but whatever. I'm squatting- not there for a fashion parade- and my a@@ is covered so they serve their purpose!!!

I feel like I'm getting fracking sick again- which pisses me off to no end. But here I am at work- plowing through- hoping it's just a minor crude blip. Need to get some actual sleep tonight though. Like for realz.

That's that! :D
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Nice... looks really good. I love those pants on you, they really show off your muscles! First thing I thought was, wow Jo has some powerful strong legs! Hehe you are so funny at the end.

Hope you aren't getting sick.

• SilentDrapeRunners
    SilentDrapeRunners Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like the pants too! Thanks for the video. It helps to see others' form since I'm always questioning if my form is correct. Although I've definitely found that my balance is better if I keep my head down/look down. I guess it's personal preference?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Welp- definitely sick. I have been on and off work- and pretty much out of the gym for an extended period of time.- wicked sinus infection- I'm on my second round of antibiotics
    -
    Still dancing- but off the lifting- I"m going to pretty much reset my workout program to week one when I get a chance.

Thanks for the pants compliment- the nice thing is they give that line down the side to watch the leg movement and mechanics- which I DO really like.

As far as head position- I tend to be more UP when the weight gets heavier- I'd say I should have been looking a hair down/neutral- it's hard to see with the plates in the way- but I feel like I could have just had a few degrees more down to keep a straight spine.

Typically don't want to look STRAIGHT down. Usually- if the rack is up against a wall- looking at yourself- or even the corner will keep a straight spine.
    But.

Big.
    fat.
    but.

I find under heavier weight- I have to keep my head up- or my chest collapses- and I have a hard enough time bracing and keeping my chest up- that it's what I do. And not collapsing forward to me is more important that a few degrees of head angle.

Other news- I think I'm settled at mid/low 160's I haven't been working out as hard- and I tossed on a dress I don't normally wear (work holiday luncheon thing)- and it fits moderately well- by the mid summer it was to damn big for real. So I've been sad it hasn't fit.

It's working well enough for today. it's boobtastic for sure. giggity.
    not sure I'll be working out today- I'm leaving from luncheon straight for home- but I have no ipod- and I don't know how much food I'll have consumed. So I'm on the fence about it- And I have work tonight- we'll see- I did pack for it- just a matter of fullness and how much I'm willing to tolerate with no headphones.

Workout pending- if not I can always lift tomorrow morning- and Sunday morning- then back to regular schedule Monday. Still on antibiotics and a little crusty- so I mean- it' could go either way. LOL

I do have a crap load of beading to do though. For sure. ah well.

Hope you all lovely ladies are doing well yourselves this holiday season!!!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling well enough to get back to it :)

I like the pants too - never though of using ones with a stripe for videoing, good call. That link also let me see your dancing vid (didn't get to see it when you posted, due to technical ineptitude) - just spectacular!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    why thank you!!!

it wound up being a good video- I was very happy with myself ;) LOL
  • JoRocka
    Options
    pause squats at 155- last in the set of 6 x 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td6nW-GLlh8
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better. Awesome video :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better. Awesome video :)

thank you :)

I'm liking the video taking- keeping me kind of interested in seeing my form- which sounds silly but it's making more aware taking regular videos.

I definitely feel better at this point- and my food's kind of all over the place- I haven't really gained- but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to lose. I'm still going to push for a deficit- but I'm not going out of my way to NOT eat.

Sooooo I guess i'm more in an enjoy myself and if I get fat I get fat and if I lose I lose- and it is what it is? mode LMAO