Please join us

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just lost my post, going from the tablet to the lap top. :s

L - glad to hear everything turned out fine from your check up. Looks like the glue is the culprit.

I changed my ticker back this morning and starting again. Since the summer which I was my lowest in weight I have gained 15 pounds including Christmas. I tried to maintain during the holidays but added a couple more on. I am starting Phase 1 South Beach to get a head start. I ordered a new book and am waiting for it to arrive. Mine is pretty ratty.

I have a weigh in this Friday and would like to see some weight come off.

Dave had a chiropractic apt this morning at 7am and is now back in bed. I got up to get going, I can't sleep that long. My plan today is get a walk in even though its very cold out and get some groceries, trip to health food store and then put laundry away.

I hope everyone is having a good vacation time off.

Shirley

25F and some sun today.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Happy New Years Eve!!

We are going out with Tom (Elli's husband) for dinner and a show. Not sure what we are seeing yet.

What is everyone's plans?

Shirley
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve. No real plans for the evening. My husband made a big pot of chili last night so he's grilling hot dogs for tonight to finish up the chili. We have a deck on our rooftop so we'll have the best view of the fireworks. We usually have a few family friends over, but I didn't even put out the invite this year. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it to midnight to usher in 2015.

I've put on jeans for the day but going to have to put back on the elastic waste comfy pants. The itch is lingering but definitely improved. Still some bloat (or have I always been this puffy??). Boy it's going to be hard to dress when I return to work.

The sun is finally out today. The high is 54 and low 39. It will all change overnight. Boooo. Finally got "Gone Girl" for my Kindle app. Looking forward to being cozied up to the tablet for the weekend.

Gotta finish up my piles of laundry. Hope you have a safe and fun night.
    L
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Shirley- Good reminder. I have to keep telling myself that they are adults and have their own lives to live. They should be able to make choices of where and how to spend their time without a guilt trip from me. If David's plane is on time in Mpls. we are meeting him at 2:30 on Friday for burgers at a tavern close to the airport. His Dad will pick him up and we will take him back to the airport. So a very quick visit but better than nothing at all.

Very cold here now. Negative digits but the sun is out! I've been inside with exception of doing some errands that needed to be done. Tonight we are going to a New Year's party at some friends for awhile. We are taking Asian chicken wings.

I've been painting my furniture in my hobby room white. I need to go do a second coat today and then put a sealant on the finished piece that is waiting. Once I finish the two pieces I'm working on I will make decisions about the table and chairs. Depending on my area rug that I buy, I may do the table and chairs in a different color that compliments the rug and walls. I'm trying to make the room soothing and a place I want to spend time when I'm working on projects.

Rory leaves Friday to go back to Grand Forks. He has to work on the weekend and some days next week. His classes start on the 14th for spring semester. He is going to be taking a huge load of classes. Hope it goes okay for him.

Well I'm off to paint so signing off. Happy New Year to all of you!

Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Jenny - I would LOVE a hobby/craft room! I'm jealous of people that have the space to do that!

Happy New Year!! May 2015 bring lower scales and healthier diets for all of us!

• Shirley61
    Options
    ANG - Good words to live by, maybe we can all get to our goal in 2015!!
    -
    1881068k55r04nisf.gif

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Happy New Year! I hope 2015 is wonderful for all of you.

Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I just noticed that I missed a ton of entries you all made this week. How did that happen. I even checked but didn't see them. Losing it!

L- glad you got some answers from your doctor about the itching. Rest up!
    Shirley- I saw your photos of your daughter, sister and MIL. Nice to put faces with people we hear about.

Marla- sounds like the boys had a nice Christmas and all went well. Rejuvenate before work on Monday. Or maybe you work tomorrow, Friday?

Ang- silly to have to work one day and then have days off (grumble grumble). I'm glad I have consecutive days. Does make it hard to go back because I get use to doing what I want with no schedule (sigh).

I'm not in the mood to paint today. Still have another coat to do on a shelf unit, seal the surfaces, and figure out what I want to do with table and chairs. I have all winter! My muscles in my back, shoulders and arms are very sore from painting so I'm going to go see the movie Wild while Russ watches the MN Gophers play in the Citrus Bowl on TV. Rory wants to sleep. I asked two friends but one is sick and the other is going to her parents house. I will have time to myself watching the movie. Better get ready to go...

Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    Woke up this morning completely filled up and feeling rotten. I made my bad and took a shower and felt like I had worked out for an hour. I was supposed to watch my nephews today so my brother and sister-in-law could go to a friends (sans kids because of their dog). I had to call them and tell them I couldn't make it and I went back to bed. I did wake up in time to curl up in my chair and watch the rose bowl parade. (I did miss the first few minutes in my efforts to find a live stream that I could watch on-line in Canada).

I also packed up and put away Christmas today. I think I fell asleep on the floor part way through. It needed done today and I just didn't have the full energy to do it. I also didn't have my normal New Years dinner. I just couldn't bring myself to cook it. I guess I will have it tomorrow maybe.

Not really wanting to go to work tomorrow, but I need to. There is to much work to be done. We have clients coming in in the afternoon to sign docs that I haven't even started yet. I spent all day Tuesday and the half-day Wednesday working on one other file that still isn't completely done! I"m glad to be kept busy at work, I just don't have the energy lately to really keep up with it all. This stupid cold really needs to go completely away!

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    hope you feel better today Ang - I know what an impossible feeling it is to feel horrible but feel absolutely required to go to work - ergh. Good vibrations!

Jenny - how does Rory like his job? Asian chicken wings sound NOM!

I am still not feeling super-great have been researching 'natural' uti stuff. So I am off today after work to try to hunt down something called d-mannose - sounds like it won't hurt anything to try and I am desperate - I don't think another round of antibiotics is going to do anything if the first three haven't. I have even been drinking baking soda water to see if 'changing the ph' inside would do anything. It's gross - but strangely I feel pretty good after it - so who knows. I have read about the essential oil thieves (which is a mix of rosemary, clove, cinnamon, eucalytus and lemon) and since I have two already will maybe pick the other three up and doodle with that. It can't hurt. So definitely no champagne toasting in the new year for this girl. I'm not a big drinker but I do like a glass of wine with family occassionally. sad face.

did some picking up and cleaning yesterday felt pretty productive until I scrubbed the floors and my 'oh my kidneys' spasmed up and I spent the next two hours on the hot bag. feh. I am taking a half day today because well it's mostly empty anyway, I am caught up (knock on wood) and I was able to get Zach an eye appointment - time to get fitted for contacts. He has been squinting like crazy driving me crazy because he won't wear the glasses. Dat boy.

Hey L - I hear you about elastic waist - but at least you have a valid medical reason for it. Me, not so much. Bad yummies. Must be cool being able to watch fireworks from your home. Cool way to ring in the year.

Happy New Year one and all may we be persistent on our goals!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Last night was dinner with friends, it was supposed to be a German restaurant but alas it was closed so Mexican was the next venue. The food was delicious and not the scale this morning.
    I am with Marla time to get this weight off again! We did get to see the new ice arena and ice
    pond for skating and ice biking. We were supposed to that the biking but the winds were so
    strong we cancelled that idea.

So back on track again and hope next week I will have a loss. Our decorations are all down
    except the outside and the tree. It took me two days to put all that away.

Today we are going to a wake, a neighbor down the street passed away and he was a town council member so we will pay our respects. Then after dinner we will see my cousin who got out of the hospital for a visit.
    Marla - I hope your remedies work. Try the cranberry juice too, its a natural antibiotic.

Tomorrow going to stay with Kathy and help her pack for her move this month. We are tackling the kitchen and pantry. I will be back on Sunday sometime.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I went to see the movie Wild yesterday. Russ was home watching football and Rory was napping after an all nighter New Year's Eve. The movie was good. I read the book and thought the movie did it justice.

Today we met David for lunch during his layover in Minneapolis. His Dad, step mom and two brothers from Dad's house picked him up at the airport, we met at a tavern, and then we dropped him off at the airport to catch his plane to Oregon. He looked good and was full of stories as usual. Unfortunately Rory wasn't able to stay and go to lunch with us. A snow storm was headed to Grand Forks tonight and through tomorrow. We wanted him to get back up there without bad weather. He has to work on Sunday. He left at 6am and was at his apartment by 11:30.

Russ and I went to the Mall of America to see the new LLBean store. I've always loved the quality of their clothing and products. I wasn't too impressed with the store. More selection in the catalog. Tomorrow I need to do more painting of furniture and putting the sealant on the paint for durability.

Marla-sorry you still aren't back to normal. I have Thieves oil and put it on my neck and behind my ears when I feel I'm getting sick (cold, sore throat, etc.). It works!

Shirley- I need to get my decorations put away too.

Have a nice weekend!
    Jenny
  • lcrockett
    Options
    Another day, another doctor's appointment. Today I went to a dermatologist about this itchy rash and to have a suspicious mole removed. The rash is...dun dun dun... a yeast infection that went awry. So now on an oral script and waiting till Monday for the topical creme to come in. The mole is believed to be benign but being biopsied just in case.

New year's day was spent at home. I nailed dinner with pork roast, fried cabbage, black eyed peas made with my secret ingredients, rice, gravy, and cornbread. Everyone dug in. I'm not sure if it's because it was so good or because its been so long that I've cooked a fresh meal. I had made several meals and put away in the freezer before my surgery but those are never as good as hot from the stove/oven. There is no sign of Christmas left in the house. All four of us packed it away in no time. I FINALLY completed scrapbook pages from a 2012 Arlington National Cemetary trip where Margo was able to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Now to finish the remainder of that trip. I started an art journal. I have a need to be crafty/creative so I hope this will give me a daily dose. My goal is to include at least one thing that brought me joy during that day.

Jenny, I was talking to a couple of ladies who were comparing surgery scars at tonight's basketball game. One said that the scar tissue bothers them with some pain and itching. Could be the same for your c-section site?? Glad you got to spend some time with David. I know it wasn't nearly long enough for you. :\ Glad Rory made it back safe and sound.

Marla and Ang, so sorry that y'all aren't feeling 100% still. Marla, being on so many antibiotics can't be good . Could it be something other than a UTI? Home remedy would be my next step too. Let us know how they work.

Shirley, Mexican cuisine is oh so good!!! Never friendly to the scale though. I know you will have a great kick start and be back on track in no time. You are so diligent. Amy posted about recommitting on Facebook today. Sounds like we are all ready for positive losses this year. I want to lose and master maintenance in 2015.

Here's to a happy weekend!
    L
  • Shirley61
    edited January 2015
    Options
    L - Sorry you are still dealing with that rash and hope you can get some relief. Good news about the mole but they usually always send them away.

Jenny - Glad Rory got back okay through the storm and is safe.

Marla - How is the UTI doing? Sounds like you have had that for awhile.

I am at Kathy and Fraser's now, Dave is home and having a friend over for football and pizza.
    We did some packing of the kitchen but started to run out of boxes and paper. So we took a break and bought some more paper and a trip to Ikea. Kathy wanted a change dresser for the baby and a free standing towel rack but we had no luck. Both items were out of stock so they have to do a return visit. The weather was wet snow getting there and the driving was not good.

We are just relaxing now with some wine, except Kathy LOL. Tomorrow a trip to The Bay to return
    Dave's sweatshirt which he needs a bigger size.

I'll say goodnight now.

Shirley
  • angf0679
    Options
    I braved the snow this morning and went to the gym!!! I guess I was the only brave/determined lady (or the only one crazy enough to go in the snow at 6:00 am) as I was the ONLY one in the ladies gym!!! I spotted one person in the main area gym, although there might have been 2 out there. I prefer the quietness and the privacy of the ladies gym. The ladies gym at the Good Life I go to is huge! Now off to the shower! (I won't use their shower. Not enough privacy for my liking and I need my own shampoo/condition, which I don't want to take with me every time I go.)
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Still here at my daughter's and waiting for them to get up. It was raining most of the night and now looks like it froze a bit.

Ang- Have fun at the gym even if you are the only on there. ahhh peace and quiet.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Well I never did anymore painting this weekend. Not in the mood for some reason. Yesterday was total relaxation and laziness (reading, etc.). We did go to church at 5pm and then to dinner at a local place.

Today I took down all the Christmas decorations and the tree is put away. House is back to normal, vacuumed, and groceries in the fridge.

Ang- I'm the same way at the gym. I go home to shower and like my privacy. My gym has a women's workout room too. It doesn't have all that the main gym has but enough variety. Good for you getting up so early and venturing out in the weather to exercise.

Shirley- Nice you can help your daughter pack up and get ready for her move.

L and Marla- I hope you are both feeling so much better. I agree with L. Maybe have your UTI checked out again. Too many antibiotics cause different issues. Should 1-2 course of the medicine kick the UTI's butt?

Hi Amy! Glad you fit a nice walk in with your new friend. WTG getting back on track!

Freezing here, negative digits. -20 where Rory is but warmed to -11 this afternoon. He's working today and probably outside too. I wouldn't like it...

Back to work tomorrow, blah! I guess a little structure would do me good but it has been so nice sleeping in, staying in my robe for as long as I want, and doing what I want. Next vacation is our trip to Florida in February.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    The weekend started out so nicely with taking a half day Friday and getting Zach fitted for contacts and ended so unpleasantly with the (sarrrrcasssm) dear husband breaking my car. He has been insistent that he is going to 'save money' and do the transmission repairs that have been plaguing my car for years himself. He would get pissy everytime I would talk about taking it in. So for the last three or four weekends him and a 'car friend' have been disappearing to his garage to 'work' on it. After spending ALLLL weekend gone he doesn't get home until midnight and when I am up at three to leave for work I see a note that says he has to drive me to work. W.T.F. So mr goodwrenches did whatever did with the transmission stuff but didn't replace the oil gaskets and now its leaking oil. They'll 'try' to work on it tonight. I am so pissed off. There is so much stuff going on this week and I am without a car? I am a forty freakin year old working mom and because my husband is a whiny baby I can't service my vehicle the way I see fit and now I am S.O.L.

I still don't feel better.

Boys suck

:s
  • lcrockett
    Options
    Hmm, Marla. Let's do a cost benefit analysis. A busy mom needs her wheels. Fingers crossed it's fixed today.
  • Shirley61
    edited January 2015
    Options

1864341oinu9kighu.gif

Marla - Sorry hubby is being a pain in the *kitten* and won't fix the car properly. I hope the next few days is better for you. ;)

Afternoon,

Thinking of all you ladies today. Just dropped in to say hello. Back from Kathy's and packing up the kitchen.

I had Yoga class today and a 10 min meditation. Feels good.

Started my South Beach Phase 1 today and getting back on track. :D

Now doing catch up today.

Shirley