30 lbs to loose. Anybody like me?

Options

Replies

• shannonccarlson
    Options
    I am 42 and need to loose at least 30...would love to get some support and give support. I haven't even figured out the site yet...lol
  • kumica
    kumica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    42 and just started back today! add me please!
  • mamavickers
    Options
    Ok 252sarahw, I am 48, soon to be 49 and lets just say I need to lose AT LEAST 30 but it is a great start. I just got back on MFP again and need accountability along with my committment!! add me if you wish
  • Teener37
    Teener37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 13 lbs to go... but KNOW that I need to lose at least 30 pounds overall. Feel free to add me! 45 y.o., professional couch potato, looking to become more active. C25K interests me....
  • jaxxkida
    jaxxkida Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    41 here working on losing my last 20 lbs. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Vive68
    Vive68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey folks.........47 and approx 30 to lose....always late, but I'm in for the journey too.
  • Erin_to_You
    Options
    252sarahw wrote: »
    Ok so anybody like me? I'm 46 and got to get 30 lbs off. Sick and tired of being sick in tired. Have done it before but not as easy as it use to be. I'm committed to get it off before summer. I need a few buddy's for support though :D . Anyone in with me?

Yes - I am with you. 44 and need to drop 30 - ugh
  • dominique921
    Options
    Hey All! I'm 41 and have about 15 to get to "pre-baby" weight but want to lose 25. I am having a very hard time finding the time to exercise. I'm up at 5:00 to get to work on time and my day finally ends around 7:30. By this time I'm done with dinner, the baby and getting my husband off to work, I'm exhausted!!! How don't find the motivation when my body is telling me to finally sit down?!
  • kristis74
    kristis74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok so anybody like me? I'm 46 and got to get 30 lbs off. Sick and tired of being sick in tired. Have done it before but not as easy as it use to be. I'm committed to get it off before summer. I need a few buddy's for support though :D . Anyone in with me?

• kristis74
    kristis74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    kristis74 wrote: »
    Ok I'm completely new to this app and replying so please forgive me ahead of time. I am in the same boat as you. I am 40 and trying to lose around 30-40 lbs. I am also looking for support so I'm in... However it won't be easy!
  • rlmsnp
    rlmsnp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and new to the site! I've got 35lbs to lose ASAP! Help!!
  • Lindy0070
    Lindy0070 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Everyone sounds so up for this!!!! Please feel free to add me as I too am new to MFP and really need to stay motivated....this time. I want to change my lifestyle and have the healthy body I want for life. I'm 43 next month and it goes on a lot quicker as you get older and is damn stubborn to get off. Good luck everyone, we can do this!!! B) Summer hols are just around the corner.
  • sbashe
    sbashe Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new on here as well and looking for some support :smile: 30 pounds is my goal as well!!
  • ldunafin
    Options
    I'm 43 and would be happy with losing 30+lbs. If I lose more, then great, but 30 would be a great start. I really didn't want to put a number out there ~ I just know I want to feel better. I want to have more energy to keep up with my stressful full time job and three kids! Plus my dad just had a stroke, so I definitely want to be healthier! I'm just struggling with changing 30+ years of bad habits ~ working 30 hours a week during high school and not eating well, working my way through college and not eating (or drinking) well, working two jobs to pay off school loans and move out while not eating well, juggling full time employment (at a desk all day) and three children while not eating well, etc. It is a worthwhile struggle!
  • jenniferhajhaj
    jenniferhajhaj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and after the birth of my first baby (yup birthed at 41) I have 30 pounds to lose. I was 9 pounds from my goal weight before I got pregnant and then ate whatever I wanted for the last year. I could use support and friends. I love my baby but never been this overweight. Finding that fatigue and a slow to recover birth are not great fitness partners.
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am almost 44 with 20-25 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies, I think I have tagged all of you as friends now. If I have missed anyone just send me a friend request. Feel free to chat here on on this discussion board. Please share you successes and struggles. Drop a line on the news feed. Together we can do this.
  • Soulshaa
    Soulshaa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 & have 40 pounds to lose.
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm 41 and have about 15 to get to "pre-baby" weight but want to lose 25. I am having a very hard time finding the time to exercise. I'm up at 5:00 to get to work on time and my day finally ends around 7:30. By this time I'm done with dinner, the baby and getting my husband off to work, I'm exhausted!!! How don't find the motivation when my body is telling me to finally sit down?!

Dominique - You just have to make time for you. Ask your husband to help you out. I too get up at 5:00am with a 60 minute commute round trip. I do not have children to care for, but I do have 4 horses to feed, a dozen chickens, eggs to gather, 2 dogs to walk, a nutty cat.... and oh yeah... I have a darling husband and an aging mother to cook dinner for each night. We all have thing in our lives that could side track us.

Thankfully, my family is very supportive of me and they pitch in to allow me to make time to workout.

I will also tell you that my husband has always fixed his own lunches for work. As I have said before... I'm a pretty blunt cowgirl so I made it perfectly clear to my husband over 20 years ago that he's a grown a#% man and he could fix his own lunch. There is no getting my husband off to work in our relationship.

The only advice I can give you, is that you have to make the time, even if it is a 20 minute walk.

Like everyone on the thread, you are over 40 and although I can't speak for everyone here but I expect many would say the same thing. My body is telling me you have to get this weight off. Not later. Not next week. Not when I find the time. Now. I'm tired of my back hurting. My knee hurting, My shoulders hurting. I'm tired of lousy sleep. I'm tired of taking so long to heal from injury. I'm just sick and tired. I tell myself everyday, suck it up buttercup and everyday I feel better and better.

neays95irfww.jpg
    27loeileigox.jpg