Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Tasha Yar was my hero when I watched it as a child. I still have a special place in my heart for her.
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tasha was great. I wish we'd gotten to see more of her.
  • gdjester1
    gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I met her in Denver last year while I was there for business. I didn't know that comic-con was going on in town. A friend of mine bought her a drink at a hotel bar not knowing who she was. I came up a little while later and he introduced me to his new friend Denise. I took one look and went "Oh my god, Lt. Yar!" We sat and talked for quite a while. Then after about an hour she called Johnathan Frakes and he joined us. Best night at a hotel bar ever. She even gave me a guest pass for the comic-con the next day.
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    gdjester1 wrote: »
    I met her in Denver last year while I was there for business. I didn't know that comic-con was going on in town. A friend of mine bought her a drink at a hotel bar not knowing who she was. I came up a little while later and he introduced me to his new friend Denise. I took one look and went "Oh my god, Lt. Yar!" We sat and talked for quite a while. Then after about an hour she called Johnathan Frakes and he joined us. Best night at a hotel bar ever. She even gave me a guest pass for the comic-con the next day.

That's incredible! I'll bet she would be cool to hang out with.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    gdjester1 wrote: »
    I rearranged my office so that if my boss walked by he couldn't see that I was catching up on 12 Monkeys instead of working.
    Are you sure your boss isn't on MFP? :laugh:
  • oddlyotter
    oddlyotter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got really excited because apparently my childhood obsession of Digimon is getting a third season with the original cast. I'm super excited.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a lightsaber in public. I win.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to get level 32 in destiny without dealing with that stupid iron banner. Also because i spent 107.00 on the Final fantasy type -0 special edition.
  • nicholecwilhite183
    Options
    I'm a nerd today because my shirt says "Bazinga" and no one in my town or who've I've walked by knows what it means.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd today because I spent my lunchtime designing a tower in my head to build in minecraft
  • popuhvcolor
    popuhvcolor Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cnsmith2 wrote: »
    lol I've been having a craving to play a few old nintendo games I've got upstairs... it's been ages since I've had that thing out lol

I'll take it off your hands lol
  • popuhvcolor
    Options
    Today I'm nerd because I need a multivitamin and the only one that will do is the Star Wars ones. As well as the Marvel gummies
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a gaming potluck tonight with the ladies from the comic book store.
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    TIANB I'm exhausted--I finished Baldur's Gate last night, and instead of immediately going to bed I decided to play "a few minutes" of BG2. Good news? I made it out of the dungeon! Bad news? It's gonna take a lot of coffee to make up for it.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I binge watched Stargate Universe
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I binge watched Stargate Universe

I was so sad when it was got canceled, although some of the episodes were really terrible.
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We just introduced our 13 and 10yo boys to Mal and his Firefly crew. Time to binge through this short series again.
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today I am a geek because I'm picking up new batteries for my TARDIS cookie jar and sonic screwdrivers to get ready for Regeneration Who Con.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    A friend asked everyone "Which character are you, based on the lead of the last show you watched?" and I was sorely disappointed not to be able to answer Dr. Who. :cry:
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Today I would be a nerd because I am trying to decide between 1080p eyefinity or 1440p...