Share Your Sweets!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I use one of their recipes (gingerbread). I thought I was using their red velvet recipe but it turns out I had accidentally changed it significantly and when I tried it correctly I didn't like it as well.

I'm kind of afraid to try the well known cupcake places now. I tried one in Charleston, SC that had been on Cupcake Wars and gotten rave reviews from celebrities and all, and I thought it was pretty meh.

You can get lucky and there's no line, but sometimes there's a ridiculously long line to get in there. Most of the cupcakes I've gotten there have been worth it, but I've gotten a couple where it was the frosting that saved the cupcake. It's the only strictly cupcake place I've ever been to. I think yours present better. Maybe I'll raid your kitchen next week on my way to New Port Richey. :wink: You need to get on one of those shows, though. Seriously.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I use one of their recipes (gingerbread). I thought I was using their red velvet recipe but it turns out I had accidentally changed it significantly and when I tried it correctly I didn't like it as well.

I'm kind of afraid to try the well known cupcake places now. I tried one in Charleston, SC that had been on Cupcake Wars and gotten rave reviews from celebrities and all, and I thought it was pretty meh.

You can get lucky and there's no line, but sometimes there's a ridiculously long line to get in there. Most of the cupcakes I've gotten there have been worth it, but I've gotten a couple where it was the frosting that saved the cupcake. It's the only strictly cupcake place I've ever been to. I think yours present better. Maybe I'll raid your kitchen next week on my way to New Port Richey. :wink: You need to get on one of those shows, though. Seriously.

You can raid my kitchen any time.

Frosting covers over a multitude of cupcake sins. In this bakery's case it was a really dense cake and just didn't have much flavor. The icing wasn't very good either imo though, and usually buttercream can save pretty much anything.

Also it was deserted, so maybe that should have been a clue.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

You can raid my kitchen any time.

Frosting covers over a multitude of cupcake sins. In this bakery's case it was a really dense cake and just didn't have much flavor. The icing wasn't very good either imo though, and usually buttercream can save pretty much anything.

Also it was deserted, so maybe that should have been a clue.

Ok, people, she has it in writing, so she can't have me served with a restraining order. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You're right, that was probably a good sign if there was nobody there.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I received my order from Lindt... My husband thinks I'm a little bit crazy. What can I say... I love chocolate. More than ice cream (sorry). I guess now I'll have to eat a piece every day though, I didn't realize that some of those expire in 3 months. Don't mind the cookies and Suchard rochers on the side...

kgmeluruta0c.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My local walmart had a bunch of chocolate bars on clearance for $0.25 each. Some of these I've never tried before:

20150319_191403_zpscqoaguhy.jpg

Although the serving size on the twix is ridiculous. 4 servings, 110 calories each. Who only eats one of those?!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    After a month in Europe with my dad, I'm finally back on MFP!

And the best things I ate, despite going to oodles of countries, all actually came from France.

The best waffles in the world. With amazing vanilla bean paste. From Meert in Lille. I scarfed six of this down in under five minutes. No joke. nz418rdbqbil.jpg

Best macarons on the face of this earth. Pierre Herme in Paris. Demolished 12. Yes, 12, macarons in 3 minutes.
    gf9quzxqipem.jpg

Best assortment of pastries I've ever eaten in my entire life are from Christian in Strasbourg. Their beignets are to die for. I made my dad buy me five beignets. And I ate them all, along side the slice of apple pie and chocolate cake you see. Oh. And I also drank two amazing glasses of hot chocolate. If you're ever in Strasbourg, PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR. Visit Christian.
    1ptgl5l07mgu.jpg

The only savoury item: Smoked salmon sandwich from Paul's. I ate this about seven times in four days.
    qb2xf6qegb2a.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    I love Paul's! Gosh that food makes me miss France...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    All of the food from France looks freaking delicious!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yum I'm so jealous of the French food!

And welcome back!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Yum I'm so jealous of the French food!

And welcome back!

Me too! I'm jealous of all you guys who get to go to Europe.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So I found this place today

http://kennedyscheesecakes.com

I had lunch out so I didn't have the calories to get anything, but it's on my list of things to do soon.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I had lunch out so I didn't have the calories to get anything, but it's on my list of things to do soon.

That looks good. I'll bet it's at least half of what Cheesecake Factory is, because they're half as high.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2015
    Options

That looks good. I'll bet it's at least half of what Cheesecake Factory is, because they're half as high.

Yes they are pretty small... guessing 500 calories a slice, maybe less. Which is totally perfect. The only thing is there wasn't any flavor that really screamed at me, lol. And I have the Trader Joe's cheesecake bites in my freezer for now. But I'll probably taste one when I have a craving one day.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    81UAVBzrf9L._SY679_.jpg
    Has anyone tried one of those before? I saw the brand at Wal Mart and wondered if I should pick some up after Easter.
  • Francl27
    Options
    81UAVBzrf9L._SY679_.jpg
    Has anyone tried one of those before? I saw the brand at Wal Mart and wondered if I should pick some up after Easter.

OMG /drool.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    81UAVBzrf9L._SY679_.jpg

Why are you asking crazy questions?! Lol. You should totally buy one.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Now I want to go to Walmart, lol.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    81UAVBzrf9L._SY679_.jpg

Why are you asking crazy questions?! Lol. You should totally buy one.

Haha! I know, I was gonna say YES YES YES!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Has anyone else seen those?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen those?

They had them at my local Wal-Mart last year, but I haven't seen them this year.