NSV's

Options

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    That's great, @Karlottap! I don't wear dresses either... except in the summer I'll wear knee length or maxi dresses if it's super hot out (because I HATE my legs, and shorts are too exposing). And regarding heels, what keeps me in flats are my bad knees and my always-hurting feet. I just can't do it anymore. I'm hoping once I lose some more weight I'll be able to wear dresses and heels again!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Need to get to goal so I can get clothes that fit.

I humbly suggest second-hand stores for intermediate clothing options. I need to go to Goodwill / Savers for some work pants.

So my NSV would be: A month ago I was thinking of going to the Goodwill to get BIGGER pants so I could be more comfortable until I was ready to diet again!

That was my plan for when I reached goal anyway. Get what there is at Goodwill first and then shop for what I can't find. :smiley: I'm gonna clear them out! All my kids clothes these days, if they aren't hand-me-downs, are from there. Unfortunately the one closest doesn't have that good a selection so I'll need to hit the one across town as well. But first I need DH to watch the kids for me so I can go. I don't think I can wait till goal. I have 4 pairs of pants and 1 t-shirt that fit right. And the pants are getting loose. I have to safety pin them when I do cardio. Everything else I have is a size or 2 too large. I don't even have one outfit I could wear to a wedding or to church. It's getting ridiculous.

So glad this WOE is working so well for you! :heart:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Here's another of mine.
    I had some family and friends I hadn't seen in awhile go nuts over me at my best friend's oldest girl's b-day party this weekend. I got lots of compliments. It was kind of embarrassing. But at least I know that even though I'm kind of starting to stall, I still am looking much better. I got to share about low-carb, too. Just because they asked and were seriously interested. Hopefully a couple of them took it to heart. Doubt it, but you never know.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Need to get to goal so I can get clothes that fit.

I humbly suggest second-hand stores for intermediate clothing options. I need to go to Goodwill / Savers for some work pants.

So my NSV would be: A month ago I was thinking of going to the Goodwill to get BIGGER pants so I could be more comfortable until I was ready to diet again!

Me too and that was soooo depressing! It does feel like a victory!
    My other NSV is that I have not eaten sugar or any kind of junk food for almost an entire moth! If you would have even suggested that last month I would have lost it! Impossible. I "needed" it. I was addicted and just like that... poof... I have my life back!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I don't have any :( but that may be all in my head according to my therapist (we are working on more body issues than a subscription to Cosmo)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It just FEELS SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    For anyone who hasn't seen it: "174,203 Ways to Measure Health (Besides the Scale)": http://whole9life.com/2012/08/new-health-scale/

The number might be slightly off. :smile:
  • gsp90x
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    The car seat belt isn't tight anymore. I can actually move when I'm belted in now. B) (*)

I can't tell you how much this means to me. I was scared I would have to buy a car seat belt extension. That DOES NOT FEEL GOOD.

Booyah! Way to go Sajyana!! What a magnificent feeling! A whole new you. Actually, a fraction of a whole new you! Can I get a high five?! :+1:

• gsp90x
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    My other NSV is that I have not eaten sugar or any kind of junk food for almost an entire moth! If you would have even suggested that last month I would have lost it! Impossible. I "needed" it. I was addicted and just like that... poof... I have my life back!

How awesome does it feel that NOT eating sugar FEELS like a victory? :blush: :sparkles: (MFP needs to add sparkles..) You got this, girl!

Yes,. mfp needs sparkles indeed.