NSV's

Options

Replies

• dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    First I want to say that mfp needs a like button because there are so many post on here that are awesome.
    Second, I finally fit into my pre pregnancy jeans!!! Thank goodness because I didn't want to continue wearing my maternity clothes to work or buy new set of bigger size clothes. But I will say my maternity clothes are so comfy. My husband told me that they could still be my thanksgiving pants....lol
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This morning, feeling peaceful and curious, I actually tried to get myself to crave my usual favorites: Tollhouse bake and eat cookies, and B&J Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Neither got a rise out of my appetite, but I *did* remember the stomach aches they'd give me.

OH BRILLIANT! So happy for you!!!
  • gsp90x
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    I have hip bones, who knew :)

Hahaaa! I saw mine ages ago. I'm on a mission to find them again. Careful though, you will surely know you have them when you start banging them on things. :) A bitter sweet victory. That feeling would make me smile.

Congratulations to you and your new hip bones :p
  • aishlynn
    aishlynn Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I can easily fit into shirts I was having trouble fitting into before :)

My fasting blood sugar (I'm diabetic) has gone down!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Not a victory per se, but today did my first exercise class in decades! Zumba was fun, but spent quite a lot of the time wishing my waist was as tiny as the instructor's. :p

Doing the class is totally a victory. Way to go!
  • gsp90x
    Options
    I'd say that my biggest NSV right now is that my husband has watched me do Keto this time, and after a month of thinking he "could never do it" he's joining in!

Alright! Mine is watching the bandwagon with much curiosity and asking questions. I think he's getting ready to jump on too!

@KeithF6250 that's just funny!

• gsp90x
    Options
    Attention! Attention!! I have a HUGE (no pun intended... well ok, yes it was) NSV to announce!!

I've been having ... symptoms. That I'm suspecting now was low BP. I've had that on and off on various doctors visits. They often ask if that's normal for me and I say yeah, I guess. Anyway, I was watching the Gary Taubes video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5W0eAhrO-8&feature=youtu.be ) and there was a really short bit where he was talking about passing out after you stand up. The major thing I noticed was if my head went below my heart, my heart would beat harder for a minute or two and I felt ever so slightly dizzy. He mentioned that (passing out on standing up) in reference to Keto diets is often from low blood pressure because you don't have enough sodium to help retain the water to keep levels up. Hmmm....

I started adding sea salt & pot. chloride, a dash or two (ok 3 or 4) to my water/beverages and salting the heck outta everything in an attempt to get levels up to see if it makes a difference and guess what!!! I got that "energy" that so many people talk about! No weird feelings today and my incessant kinda headache is about 40% less. Woot! I'm on fire today! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! What a relief!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    @Kitnthecat, that's fantastic! Can't wait until I can do the same thing!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @gsp90x that's great, so glad you got relief from the symptoms.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    <3 The lovin' is better. <3
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    <3 The lovin' is better. <3

awwwwww yeeeeeaaaaah
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    dessiepenn wrote: »
    Second, I finally fit into my pre pregnancy jeans!!! Thank goodness because I didn't want to continue wearing my maternity clothes to work or buy new set of bigger size clothes. But I will say my maternity clothes are so comfy. My husband told me that they could still be my thanksgiving pants....lol

Same here! After three pregnancies in a row, even my maternity jeans were getting tight before low-carb! Five weeks later, and I've ditched all of them! Okay, so I kept one or two pairs, because nobody cares if I wear my stretchy belly panel pants at home on the weekends... ;)
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love cooking and I watch the food network like a religion. Unfortunately seeing all that yummy food usually sends me straight to the fridge. Today I watched it most of the day without once going get a snack. I even managed a 16hr IF. That's never happened before.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I love cooking and I watch the food network like a religion. Unfortunately seeing all that yummy food usually sends me straight to the fridge. Today I watched it most of the day without once going get a snack. I even managed a 16hr IF. That's never happened before.

That's a huge NSV!! We stopped watching Food Network because it always made us go find take out somewhere..