Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,

I had a wonderful day with my daughter and my new grandson Isaac. He is my Love Bug.
    We helped Kathy yesterday with some vacuuming and Dave did some yard work for her since
    Fraser is back to work now. We both didn't want to leave but I had choir practice last night
    and only two more practices before the concert. If there is a concert, our director told us
    if we don't sell more tickets we won't have the money to pay all the people for the putting
    on the concert. I wish you all lived closer!!

I just got back from Yoga class and Dave is at the boat, of course, doing the bottom paint
    and getting it ready to launch in our dock. I will come after that and get things organized
    for the inside when it goes into the water. The weather here has been in the 60's and
    quite nice and sunny.

I was supposed to go to lunch today with my friend but our schedules were not
    aligned today so I guess next week will have to do. I do plan on cleaning my downstairs
    today at least get started.

I am showing another picture of Isaac.
    Shirley

14oryzaneio6.jpg

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm at the computer at work, just checking in with you. My computer at home is barely working, I just didn't have any more time to get it going, and to be able to connect to MFP. I was reading posts, trying to catch up, and I am determined to read them all!! I am on page 83, so I have a ways to go, don't I. Shirley that is a great photo, up above this post, I know you are in Heaven. everyone take care, and I am thinking of you,
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Shirley!!!! I hope you get this photo enlarged and framed. It is a classic and worthy of a place of importance in your home. Such an emotional image! It will be a family treasure.

Note to all of you new grandmothers...love! Love! Love the photos of your grand babies. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I am going to try some the protein shakes I have been hearing about. I have been avoiding them thinking they were some sort of fad. I am not even close to being what is known as an "early adopter."

Phoebe: your work sounds very interesting. All of the travel...I have trouble just trying to get hubby to consider an overnight in portland. Our big old dogs are the biggest problem. Can't upset them and leave them in a kennel. But then I wonder...who would really be the most upset, us or the doggies?
    Patsy
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Shirley - love the picture - so wonderful

Sandy - sorry to be so slow answering your question. The result of the mammogram was okay. Apparently I know have a cyst on my right breast and that is the reason I was called back. The doctor says it looks okay and should not present a problem.

Phoebe - computer problems. Grrrrrrr. Glad to see you check in. I've been MIA too.

Sandy - I don't know how you keep up with everything and every one. Babysitting - that's tiring and so can dealing with new Moms. LOL

Buzz - I'm glad my computer is co operating and so far I haven't had your difficulties.

I'm afraid this is all I have time to post. I've read all the messages but ru. Out of time. Have a long to do list.

Best wishes.

Jeri
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :D I woke up at 6:00 am, checked my phone and there was a message from my son who told me to sleep in because he had the day off. He decided to go to court with his daughter who got a speeding ticket and even though he got her a lawyer through his work (it is one of his perks) he wanted to be there with her since I couldn't go because I thought I was watching Robby. So he dropped Robby off around 10:30 and picked him up by 1:30. Short day for me but I did manage to take Robby for a mile and a quarter walk. Tonight is bingo night and before that I want to go back and have my no chip manicure redone since it chipped and hasn't even been a week.

Shirley, the picture of you and Issac is priceless and I agree it should be enlarged and hung for all to admire.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Feel a little like one of my boy dogs.... just marking my spot.
    Connie in Missouri
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon – Golden Sneakers!

Did anyone ever get a response from MFP re: the web page display (not the font size) not fitting properly when using Firefox or IE? For years, I have used Firefox browser because they are more protective of user data and it is more customizable. Of course, I can simply use Chrome for MFP and then switch back for all other uses, but just curious if anyone heard anything. Pictures appear normal on Chrome and full sized on the other. I submitted a question to “help” via email but it has been a few days with no reply.

It is gorgeous outside – in my area that simply means the sun is out…LOL

We are going to the movies in a couple hours. We were offered free Regal tickets via email to see a preview showing of “The Age of Adaline” before it opens up. That is my favorite price point for movies. :)

I will likely bring a pre-popped / 100-calorie portioned bag of popcorn for myself. If Jean wants licorice, Junior Mints or whatever we’ll buy some.

ARTICLE EXCERPT: “Indeed, a recent WebMD study found that Regal’s popcorn was the richest on the market, with a medium containing 720 calories and the large boasting 960 calories. Both Regal and AMC pop their popcorn in coconut oil.

But don’t forget, lots of people also get "butter" on their popcorn, that strange greasy liquid that’s yellow and vaguely tastes like butter. What’s in that, exactly? It’s non-hydrogenated soybean oil that’s been colored and flavored, and each tablespoon contains about 130 calories.

And if you decide to make it a combo at Regal, with a medium popcorn and a medium non-diet soda, that’s 1,610 calories right there: the equivalent of four scrambled eggs with cheese, four strips of bacon, and four sausage links, according to the study.”

http://www.thedailymeal.com/how-unhealthy-movie-theater-popcorn

Then there is the fact – “A large bucket of popcorn sells for an average of $8.15 . . . and costs them 90 CENTS.” I don’t know how large families do it.

Calories are my primary focus. I don’t plan to blow a day’s worth of calories on movie popcorn.

BACK TO THE MOVIE.

From what I read the storyline is - “Adaline (Blake Lively) ceases to age following an accident one icy night, but keeps her condition a closely-guarded secret while embarking on a number of incredible adventures throughout the 20th Century. After years of a solitary life, she finds the love and courage that enable her to fully begin living.” I know Harrison Ford is in it.

Sandy – Nice walk with Robby and good luck at bingo tonight.

Have a great evening! :)

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,142 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - just dropping by for a few minutes. It seems since I got home last evening I've just been trying to catch up on things. I'm trying to figure out how to safely ship that china I picked up yesterday. I need to get out tomorrow and buy more bubble wrap. Hints say to do everything up well and pad the box and then put that box in a large box with more padding. For six accessory pieces, it looks like four smaller boxes and I'll have to purchase larger boxes. What have I gotten myself into this time? :smiley:

I got behind in food prep so made soy yogurt, almond milk, crackers, baked sweet potatoes, cooked vegetables and cleaned/prepped raw veggies. I'm now making a list to try a new vegan chili.

I see many people are still having problems with this site. I have just been using Chrome for quite a while as I had lots of problems with IE, then moderate issues with Firebox on some sites so I landed on Chrome.

Love the pictures and Patsy I'd love to see your painting as well. I'm sneezing a bit now that the trees are blooming. Good luck on the protein shakes.

Well, back to running along. Hugs.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :D We are busy exploring ways to make our diet low sodium, meatless, low calorie enough for me, and tasty enough for Jake. He made a great low sodium marinara sauce (enough for several meals) and served his over pasta and mine over cauliflower with vegetable protein "meatballs". This should be an interesting change.

<3 Barbie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    My blasted MFP displayed JACKIE's entire post on . Sorry, but I can't deal with this crazy display. I saw someone 's huge jaw on a gigantic photo and later a word about JERI's picture!
    I hope there is an answer to this mess! Happens ONLY with MFP!!!!! :(
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    My blasted MFP displayed JACKIE's entire post on /i]. Sorry, but I can't deal with this crazy display. I saw someone 's huge jaw on a gigantic photo and later a word about JERI's picture!
    I hope there is an answer to this mess! Happens ONLY with MFP!!!!! :(
    <3 Buzz

I'm unable to edit online here now, and I just wanted to express how huge the display is by adding what was left out above! JACKIE's entire post was displayed on only ONE line!
    Buzz ( now to hunt for the SUBMIT button!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How frustrating the photos are for people. I resized this photo , wonder if it will be better. Taken in my backyard this afternoon.

1z6scop.jpg
  • oystereyes
    Options
    6st96vy0x1va.jpg
  • oystereyes
    Options
    pap0lpn24j21.jpg
  • oystereyes
    Options
    A couple of paintings I will be using to confuse and confound the gallery owner. I like to keep her on her toes. I love to see her try to figure out ways of asking...."uh...Patsy, what exactly is that?"
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,142 Member
    Options
    Patsy -- love those pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Jeri - beautiful flowers. Spring has arrived.

Buzz - sorry for the frustration. I wonder if they are working on the issue.

Barbie - I hope you find your answers on food adaptations. Sometimes it takes a while for tastebuds to adapt to changes. That is what might not be tasty initially will be delightful when you've retrained your receptors. I never thought food could be gloriously delicious when I shifted to 100% to vegan, no salt, no sugar and no oil. But it happened.

Later.

Lin
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    PATSY, are your above paintings, which I really like, meant to be in the eye of the beholder? The first one, and I like your use of colour, brings to mind tree bark, but that's probably just the way I see it on a small screen, or it could be that I'm struggling with tree bark on my own boring and conventional painting! LOL. Likewise your second painting also makes me think of an enlarged knot hole on a tree. You've certainly given me room for thought, and maybe, dragged me into the present century! My conclusions of course will probably give you a giggle and put me in the same category as the gallery owner!
    BARBIE, I'm in the same quandary as you and Jake. I just don't like meat at all, the taste, the texture or the methods used in the mass farming, or the slaughterhouses. I am happy I said goodbye to it a long time ago, although I have to admit to still eating fish and eggs mainly because I worry about lack of fat or protein. Back to the Friday comment on eating fried fish and of course, long habit.
    LIN, you've got the vegan lifestyle down to a fine art. As with BOB I wonder if you would mind sharing some of your recipes? The stuffed mushroom caps spring to mind.
    SHIRLEY, beautiful, sensitive photo of you and baby Isaac.
    ANNE.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Lin – It’s amazing how much bubble wrap it can take when shipping precious items. I normally do it myself, but last year shipped a ceramic antique clock using the UPS store or pack/ship/insure. My packages (camera lens etc.) look like mummies sometimes they are so “protected.”

Still haven’t tried almond milk yet. I have never been a big milk drinker – unless you add a box of Girl Scout cookies….thin mints of course.

Browser – for now I am using Chrome w/ MFP. I haven’t used IE in years because of all the security flaws and constant need for patches. With Chrome I am seeing all photos etc. as should be.

Jackie – Oh I’d love to be in that area to hang by the movie crew/actors for some candid photos. Tim Burton (Beetlejuice, Batman etc.); LOVE Dame Judi Dench (see all her movies) and Samuel L Jackson….all great in different ways.

Anne – As for Macbeth – two quotes come to mind immediately: “Out, damned spot! out, I say!” and “Double, double, toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!” I almost missed your comment about me “much envied by their less hairy friends.” LOL.

Patsy – Hope U are doing OK with the lower calorie goal. Love the paintings. You’re not getting “weirder each day” It’s GREAT that you experiment – that’s where the fun and enjoyment is. And I think I would beat you hands-down in the “pale and white” category….oh gosh I want some 70-80 degree weather with TONS of sunshine.

Shirley – Thanks again on the congrats. I want your weather – although it is sunny today with an expected high of about 59 (it was 34 this morning). It won’t be long before you will be taking walks with Isaac.

Sandy – Glad to see you are also getting the sun. Sending prayers for Babe’s son.

Jeri – I was able to view your photo perfectly. Love that macro perspective!

Barbie – As Ann noted – we would love some of your recipes – and I love stuffed mushrooms. I can’t say I don’t like meat – but I have cut waaaay back on it and pretty much stick with chicken 90% of the time. I have had pork maybe once in the last year and only eat steak at a restaurant. (I do love seafood).

MOVIE:

We enjoyed the free preview last night of “The Age of Adaline” (it’s drama / romance) last night and so did the audience. Blake Lively, Ellen Burstyn, Harrison Ford and Kathy Baker were all very good.

Doubt it will be a blockbuster – no “F” words, blatant nudity, politics or crassness. It was nice to just sit back and enjoy. I like a wide variety of movies…old and new…but get bored with predictable writing and graphic material that is thrown in for no good reason.

OH well – lots to do and I need to get busy before the day passes.

Enjoy your Thursday. Bob :)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz same problems here For some reason Ask may be my problems Sare to try to get it removed but every time I click on other thing I mess up so will wait till alice come out this weekend. And let her check it out it is so hard to read when the sentence is stretch out for miles
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Evening everyone. Another busy day for me with an hour swim thrown in as well as shopping for all the materials I need to finish the decorating so just dropped in to catch up with your posts.

Patsy ~ Love your technique... Anne will remember Walnut Whips I'm sure and your 2nd painting has me salivating for one now!!! Beautiful colours and soooo dramatic.

Bob ~ It doesn't look as if the public will be able to get too close to filming because the production has moved into a quarry area and built a cave to shoot scenes in and security is quite high. The few crew I've bumped into in the area have been friendly and pleasant but most are travelling across the moors on tractors with trailers behind which looks great fun! Perhaps I'll thumb a lift at the weekend and see how close I can get with George in tow... will take my camera just in case. LOL

Buzz ~ What a bloomin' nuisance and so frustrating. For all that don't give up on us please!!!

Must get myself something to eat as it's way past supper time.

Jackie