NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    I think NSV's give my scale a little less power.

Congratulations on your great weekend! I love that line.
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I think NSV's give my scale a little less power.

Congratulations on your great weekend! I love that line.

Me too! Great work!

• BRaye325
    Options
    I just got great news on my blood work from my Dr's office. I've been working to reduce my cholesterol and eliminate another prescription. Diet only controls part of this, but mine has gone from a high of 235 and is now down to 162, which is well within the normal range!
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dr. appointment this morning and I no longer need to take my blood pressure medication. I've gone from 5 prescriptions now down to 2!

Now that's a victory! Way to go!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I just got great news on my blood work from my Dr's office. I've been working to reduce my cholesterol and eliminate another prescription. Diet only controls part of this, but mine has gone from a high of 235 and is now down to 162, which is well within the normal range!

That is such awesome news! Congrats on getting those numbers down. Absolute proof that a lifestyle change changes life! ;)

Connie
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Well done BRAYE! I'm doing a happy dance for you!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Con graduations, Brays. That is phenomenal!

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Well done Braye, the best nsv
  • BRaye325
    Options

Well done BRAYE! I'm doing a happy dance for you!

Thank you guys - I'm still doing a happy dance too!
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I just saw this! How FANTASTIC!! I'm so happy for you, I'm sure your doctor was too. It's a remarkable accomplishment.

• nikkib0103
    Options

I just saw this! How FANTASTIC!! I'm so happy for you, I'm sure your doctor was too. It's a remarkable accomplishment.

Super news!
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Several things are much easier. . . after a 30 pound weight loss. Some clothes fit better. Bending over is easier. Looking forward to more victories!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Several things are much easier. . . after a 30 pound weight loss.

Congratulations on hitting the 30 pound loss mark! You should find something that weighs that much and pick it up and walk around with it for 5 minutes and then bask in the glory of what you've accomplished.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week my wife's uncle brought a dozen or so family friends & relatives to dinner. I hadn't seen of the men in well over 1 year.

After 15 minutes, he came up to me and said he had to ask someone who the guy sitting next to my wife was. :smile:

Of course, the last time I saw him I didn't have a moustache. So maybe it wasn't the 200 pound loss alone. LOL
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Earlier this week my wife's uncle brought a dozen or so family friends & relatives to dinner. I hadn't seen of the men in well over 1 year.

After 15 minutes, he came up to me and said he had to ask someone who the guy sitting next to my wife was. :smile:

Of course, the last time I saw him I didn't have a moustache. So maybe it wasn't the 200 pound loss alone. LOL

It feels good to surprise people, doesn't it? Those moustaches can really throw people.
  • JamieIveyMahaffey
    JamieIveyMahaffey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had no idea how much weight I gained until I could not cross my legs, get off the ground, and fit into my clothes. I don't own a scale but even when I looked in the mirror I didn't notice. I'm getting rid of the unhealthy lifestyle and moving more these days. I could cross my legs today! You guys are an inspiration. I'll keep on moving.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Last year's swimsuit is too big. :o
  • BRaye325
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've starting to discover some lost bones. I know that sounds weird, but I've actually got ribs, and collarbones, and hip bones. I thought I had lost them years ago. Who knew?
  • BRaye325
    Options
    jimahaffey wrote: »
    I'm getting rid of the unhealthy lifestyle and moving more these days. I could cross my legs today! You guys are an inspiration. I'll keep on moving.

Great for you! Letting these victories motivate us to keep moving is what it's all about. :smile:
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I love reading NSV's. Mine for today was, I went to a Mexican buffet and didn't make a complete pig of myself. I still probably ate more than I should, but I only had one plate, a few chips and one bite of flan. Plus, I walked to and from the restaurant.