Daily check in

Options

Replies

• doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! a major NSV this morning. I put on a pair of dress pants on today (at 3 am before my flight) and I noticed that they were a little loose. I didn't think anything of it though... mostly because it was 3am.

Now I'm in Chicago, and I went to the bathroom and my pants are HUGE. Like when I went to button them, I have a 2 inch gap. the scale had moved SOME, but only about a pound, and my jeans fit better, but this is pretty funny. I'm going into my meetings today looking like I'm carrying a load in my pants ;)

I hope everyone has a great day! hey motivated and get physical!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Round 2 Day 15

Terrible weigh in today :( I have been struggling with my weight since the beginning of this round. Today I am down .2 for the week. That is a total of .6 for the round :( Really bummed because I lost 6.8 the first round. BUT I am sticking with it and pushing through. I need to lose about 19 more pounds. I feel good - actually GREAT so that is worth something right?

The thing that is frustrating is, I haven't had a cheat - or a treat the whole time on 21DF. And for the record, I checked a couple measurements today just to try to boost myself, not much of a change there either. So I am going with TOM and the fact that I added running back into my routine this past week. Here's to hoping I have a decent week.

My original plan was three rounds of 21DF and then to upgrade to 21DFX for those last stubborn pounds. Now I am just not sure what to do. I might just stick with the same plan, even if I still have a bunch to lose.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 - I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Sometimes our bodies just don't make sense. Stick with your plan for now. It sounds like a strong plan to follow until you are comfortable changing course. Maybe try changing something little here and there - either switching a yellow for a green (aka type of calories you're eating), or increase/decrease calories to shake things up a little. See how it affects you.

No matter what, you're doing something good for yourself, and you have to feel good about that.
  • CreekGal
    CreekGal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So the results are in: at the end of my 1st round of 21 day fix I lost a total of 7.2 pounds and 5.5 inches. Although this is a good start it's not the results I could have had, because I did not exercise hardly at all, just a few times. So, I admit that and now I'm ready to dig in on my 2nd round and get real results. Woo-hoo weight loss!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @doodlebug32 Woohoo! That's awesome. And if anyone comments on your pants being loose, tell them to stop checking out your assets. ;)

@dwi04 You are doing doubles, right? I reread the food guide over the weekend and I noticed something on page 76. It says that if you add on another workout (and I would think doubles count), you are supposed to use a different calculation. Maybe try readjusting your bracket and see how that goes. My whole reason for rereading the book was listening to Chalene Johnson's podcast on plateaus (thank you for pointing that out to me!) and thinking about calorie cycling (which is something in which I strongly believe). Remember how for me Round 2 I lost so much weight but not many inches? If that happens again in Round 3, I will need to change something and I'm preparing myself, just in case.

My Morning

I woke up late and had to get Rob out the door so whereas I normally exercise without my girls (two Siberian huskies) being awake, I had them under foot today. I had to wait to get my workout started but I managed to push play.

Total Body Cardio Fix . . . ugh ugh ugh. But I did it.

BTW, did you ever think you would be relieved to do squats? No? Well, give PiYo a try. Seriously. There are times when you're doing something, like holding a lunge or even a bowler's squat and Chalene says, "Come up to squat" and I catch myself just breathing a huge sigh of relief. Hard to believe but I swear it's true!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    @SatiaRenee - I am so glad you found that podcast helpful, I did too - I listened to it while I was out running and I definitely took some pointers off of that. This week I am focusing on the 8 hour rule - only eating within an 8 hour period. My husband does a weekly fast (sometimes, twice a week) and I hate the thought of fasting. He does it for 16-24 hours. But after listening to the podcast (Chalenes) about the 8 hour ab diet, I feel like I can do that. So today is day one and I plan to eat in the 11-7 window for the week and see how I feel.

I went back to look and my calories actually vary quite a bit day to day so I think I am doing calorie cycling without even noticing. I might have to add back some more nutrition on the days that I run, I just have to figure out what would be best. Any ideas? Maybe an extra protein?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 When I want/need to increase calories and/or eat more, I always reach for protein and vegetables first. I'd look at the next bracket up and see what you would add and go from there. Perhaps try adding only the green and red and, if you still don't see success, add a purple, then a yellow. I'm not thinking I won't see success but if I don't see pounds and inches come off this time, I'm fully prepared to move up a bracket!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 - maybe you need more fuel with adding in the running. Your body might be holding onto weight because you're not eating enough. Maybe try adding another green or red container like @SatiaRenee said. I hope you see a difference soon. Keep up the good work! You got this!
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Started Day 1 of 21df today. The Total Body Cardio kicked my butt. I do have a question, I put all my food into MFP diary and the calories came to 1112. I'm concerned that I didn't eat enough to fuel my body but I have been full all day. Any suggestions?
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    The calories will even out just give it time. Some days I'm at like 1,175. And others like 1,450.
  • wrightchoices
    wrightchoices Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Round 2 day 1...just finished total cardio and t25. 1.0 speed
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Had a very hectic week last week so decided to count it as a break and restart round 2 today. I woke up with a horrendous headache but felt much better after doing TBCF. My meals were a bit crammed today because my dad stopped by before I was able to have lunch and ended up staying well past dinnertime. Made myself a nice big salad for dinner which used up a good portion of my containers then had a double portion of greek yogurt for a late snack. It's going to be warm here tomorrow so I need to get my workout in early.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Day 18 done, so excited to be done and check my results. Am kind of surprised with how much I am loving it.
    Trying to decide what to do next. I would like to do the 21 day fix again but would also like to try something different, any suggestions???? I am debating jumping into insanity but also looking at a few others. My main goal is to drop pounds, rather than muscle definition at this point.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to Me! My husband and I are celebrating our 5:15 Anniversary--5 years married, 15 years together. That didn't stop me from getting in my morning workout but damn . . . trying to do PiYo Strength, with all the push-ups and such, after doing Upper Body Fix? Ugh. I collapsed more than a few times.

@haleymiller0707 What @dkwi04 said is spot on. There are days I barely skim 1200 and other times when I'm hitting over 1500 I don't worry about it. I was more curious about the numbers than dictated by them. If you start feeling tired, dizzy, or are hungry all of the time, then I'd just shift over to higher bracket and just make sure you eat all of your containers each and every day.

@cupcake570 I think one of the reasons I first got in the habit of morning workouts is because of the heat of summer. Once I started in the morning, it just felt right and I never looked back! I still get a late morning walk in, sometimes, and use the bike in the afternoon other times. But mostly I prefer to do it in the morning and get it out of the way.

@venuila I'm doing PiYo and 21DF right now and I'm amazed at how challenging PiYo is. It works the muscles in a completely different way. I kind of wish I'd taken before measurements of my calves before starting PiYo because that's where I'm feeling it most right now. And I'm almost positive that the changes in my hips are mostly the result of PiYo. Any workout that makes me feel relieved to do squats is remarkable in my book! I don't know that I'm the best to make suggestions, however, because I have to avoid anything high impact to Insanity looks like a lot of fun but I don't think I could do it without hurting myself. :s
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee congratulations and happy anniversary!!!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary @SatiaRenee ! It's inspiring reading your posts. To me doing 21 day fix AND something else at the same time right now is quite intimidating and I salute those that do it. I did manage to do flat abs fix and part of total body cardio fix today before my baby woke up from her nap so I'm sure I'll get there eventually.:)
    I could definitely use more definition in my legs and such. I have to admit you're getting me intrigued. I hope to try a bunch of them eventually so PiYo is on the list now ;) it's just where to put it.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Good morning everyone, started my day with Total Body Cardio Fix which was not easy after 9 days of not-clean-eating. I'm amazed at how much easier (not easy but easier) it is to push through the tough exercises when I am eating properly. Again, a big DUH, but I need to remember these lessons when I am tempted to eat crap. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be sore later but it's a good kind of sore :)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Not the Best Start

I woke up to a text a friend sent me at close to midnight asking me to wake her at 7am. I am not going to waste time/space venting about this. Suffice to say, I used my frustration to fuel my workout. It's amazing how much softer you can feel after a hard workout! Anyway, 21 Day Fix Lower Fix and PiYo Core are both behind me.

One of these days I'm going to be able to say I did all of PiYo without having to skip even a single push-up. Until that day comes along, just assume I did my best and didn't collapse altogether.

@venuila I didn't even try to add PiYo to my workouts until I felt comfortable in 21 Day Fix and I had to choose--add a workout or increase my weights. I obviously chose to add a workout and held off on increasing my weights. I don't know which workouts of PiYo are on BOD. I know that they have the full program for some of the workouts while for others they only have some of the workouts. If you have access to them all, that's great. If not, hit me up and I'll let you know which I think are the easiest and which I would say are not a good introduction (because they are harder than the others).

@jpkrueger I experienced a food coma for the first time yesterday. After our delicious lunch yesterday, all I wanted to do was take a nap. I couldn't but I really really wanted to.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee , doing your best is all you can do, and the fact that you are doing two programs at once is mindblowing anyway!!!

I used to experience food comas daily, due to my constant carb-overload. Amazing what eating the right food can do to my energy level. I must be particularly carb-sensitive...I really feel it if I overdo it.

A wakeup to request a wakeup....not cool! Alarms are a magical thing...
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Round 3 day #17

My weight is still up and down, the same darn .6 pounds. Up yesterday, down today. I have been doing the 8 hour window of eating since Monday hoping that the "intermittent fasting" will help get me past that number. I know its just a number, but its frustrating!

I actually forgot this week was optional doubles until Monday evening, so I started doubles then. :) I didn't get up today - I totally should have because I felt amazing after getting up yesterday to work out. So tonight I have lower fix and 10 minute abs. I ordered E&E and I am hoping to figure it out and use it to get me out of bed in the morning to work out. I feel so much better when I do that!