May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

BTW I guess You saw the email touting Buy One get One free from NutriSystem on fruit smoothies?

Cheers
    Roger

I did see that email. And I looked into it and I might order some. But I am not entirely sure....

From what I've noticed - you can only buy one get one free. It doesn't allow you to buy two and get TWO free. They only give you ONE at the free price. And it is only off of the single packages (of 7), not the larger packs of 14 or 28. They also charge you shipping of $11.99. And when I did it, it gave me a $10 discount labeled "50 clicks savings."

I am not sure if this will negate the code that everyone was sent via email or not though. I have already added that code to my next AutoDelivery but if I buy these smoothies it might eliminate it from my AD before it ships.

If this is the same discount from the email (meaning it will take it off of my AD pricing) then it is NOT cheaper to buy them this way. ($16.99+$11.99 = $28.98 for 14 smoothies vs $16.99+$16.99 =33.98 minus 20%AD discount = $27.19 for 14 smoothies)

However if it is a SECOND fifty clicks discount it is cheaper obviously.

I could call NS and ask them but if it is a glitch or something and it will allow people to receive the 50 clicks benefit twice I don't what to be the one to make them aware of it and have them fix it. haha

I hope this make sense outside of my brain. I rewrote it a few times to help make it more clear haha.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    When I read the email it says
    †One free smoothie pack with each smoothie pack purchased. Shipping charges apply. A La Carte purchases are processed and shipped separately from 28-Day plan orders. Cannot be combined with any prior or current discount or offer.
    The web page says
    Double up on this slimming treat for summer!
    Your FREE pack will be applied during checkout

I would call and ask them to put it in Your Auto Delivery with free shipping. I have done that in the past with email offers and had no problems. If it is on Your order A La Carte it can always be removed before the order closes.

Since You already applied the 50 clicks discount to Your order, just take a look and see if the codes are the same.

Good Luck
    Roger

P.S. Their adverts seem to be heading towards the land of decepetion.
  • spamanda53
    Options
    I tried again and it did let me add it to my Auto Delivery -- No phone call needed. I did try to add two smoothie sampler packs to see if they were buy one get one free and they are not. You also can't buy 2 get 2 free. So, I just added two of them and then it lists one of them as free. So... yeah. To those of you who don't care about these smoothies -- I apologize for the long posts. haha They are done now.

No rain last night! But we are expecting rain tomorrow and Saturday. Which is not a good thing, obviously. Part of my neighborhood has started to flood but luckily the water is rising slowly so the people that it could impact have enough of a warning that they are able to prepare. Without ANY more rain the creek is expected to rise another 12 to 18inches. So if we get the rain that is expected that would start to get into some people's houses. Luckily, I live on top of a GIANT hill so it is all but impossible for me to flood. But it is possible to get trapped on top of the hill. haha.
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Carin, I'm glad you had a good time in OKC despite all the bad weather!

We seem to have skipped spring here in NH and gone straight to summer. Every day this week has been in the 90's.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    I tried again and it did let me add it to my Auto Delivery -- No phone call needed. I did try to add two smoothie sampler packs to see if they were buy one get one free and they are not. You also can't buy 2 get 2 free. So, I just added two of them and then it lists one of them as free. So... yeah. To those of you who don't care about these smoothies -- I apologize for the long posts. haha They are done now.

No rain last night! But we are expecting rain tomorrow and Saturday. Which is not a good thing, obviously. Part of my neighborhood has started to flood but luckily the water is rising slowly so the people that it could impact have enough of a warning that they are able to prepare. Without ANY more rain the creek is expected to rise another 12 to 18inches. So if we get the rain that is expected that would start to get into some people's houses. Luckily, I live on top of a GIANT hill so it is all but impossible for me to flood. But it is possible to get trapped on top of the hill. haha.

Hi When there is flooding here we end up with one way in and out of town. All the other roads that lead out of town get flooded. It could be worse. If You wanted more than two I would call customer (dis)service. Their Plug for them says You get one free for each one purchased.

It sounds as if the samples worked for You FWIW.

Cheers
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Miranda - We finally hit 90 yesterday and it was just as hot as I remember. haha. I feel your pain.

Roger - That's how my neighborhood is. Although if the 'right' creek floods it cuts us off from being able to leave at all. It's not the whole town (I live in a fairly large suburb) but just the neighborhood I live in. Luckily I've stocked up on food so that should we get trapped (more rain predicted tomorrow and Sunday and it is expected to stall on top of us), I'll be good for a while. Although when we get flooded in like that, it is not uncommon for people to park on the other side of the low lying area and then either walk through the water (Which you really shouldn't do haha) or have someone in a big truck pick you up and drive you home. And yes, the samples did work out. I don't think I'll have a smoothie everyday but they are quite good and nice to have when I'm not really hungry but need to get an SC in.

I tweaked with my next AD (which should ship next week even though my last one JUST got here - I'm afraid to push it back) and have found a plan for my stockpile of desserts. I remembered reading on the old forums that there were some breakfasts and desserts that could be used as SCs. I went back and looked and the majority of people said that any dessert with less than 120 calories will work (or up to 140 calories if you count it as a SC and a limited extra). So, I went and added a lot of the zesty herb snack mix and the honey mustard pretzels so that I can use some of those as SCs to try to help rid myself of the excess. I also added a frozen breakfast sampler to help get the breakfasts to line up with the other foods I have. I figured with the extra fifty clicks discount, plus the 20% off for adding it to my AD, plus using the gift cards I could treat myself with some frozen breakfasts every once and a while. :)

I hope that you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Miranda - We finally hit 90 yesterday and it was just as hot as I remember. haha. I feel your pain.

Roger - That's how my neighborhood is. Although if the 'right' creek floods it cuts us off from being able to leave at all. It's not the whole town (I live in a fairly large suburb) but just the neighborhood I live in. Luckily I've stocked up on food so that should we get trapped (more rain predicted tomorrow and Sunday and it is expected to stall on top of us), I'll be good for a while. Although when we get flooded in like that, it is not uncommon for people to park on the other side of the low lying area and then either walk through the water (Which you really shouldn't do haha) or have someone in a big truck pick you up and drive you home. And yes, the samples did work out. I don't think I'll have a smoothie everyday but they are quite good and nice to have when I'm not really hungry but need to get an SC in.

I tweaked with my next AD (which should ship next week even though my last one JUST got here - I'm afraid to push it back) and have found a plan for my stockpile of desserts. I remembered reading on the old forums that there were some breakfasts and desserts that could be used as SCs. I went back and looked and the majority of people said that any dessert with less than 120 calories will work (or up to 140 calories if you count it as a SC and a limited extra). So, I went and added a lot of the zesty herb snack mix and the honey mustard pretzels so that I can use some of those as SCs to try to help rid myself of the excess. I also added a frozen breakfast sampler to help get the breakfasts to line up with the other foods I have. I figured with the extra fifty clicks discount, plus the 20% off for adding it to my AD, plus using the gift cards I could treat myself with some frozen breakfasts every once and a while. :)

I hope that you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Hi Amanda
    From here by Dietary Services 1, the Official NutriSystem Word on substituting.

http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/showthread.php?254531-Foods-substitutes-NS-for-NS&p=7388324&viewfull=1#post7388324
    03-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Hi Roger,
    Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC
    Since there is a range of calories within each category, you may find lunch and dinner entrees that are fairly comparable.

Nutrition & Dietary Services

You can also email program related questions to:

dietaryservices@nutrisystem.com

I noticed that they are not qualifying the Dessert for SC with calories either.

According to my math with the 20% AD discount, then the 40% discount from using the Gift Cards I bought on sale at Costco I pay 48% of the displayed price when I am ordering A La Carte.

FWIW I use this page to convert a webpage to a PDF file and download it for permanent reference. You can use it to save recipes from the NS recipe section or posts in the old forums for reference. No telling how long they will remain!

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. using that Table since my meals are all Entree + PF i can use a dinner for lunch and breakfast if desired and count it as the Meal and a PF. That makes it handy if I run short of a Lunch for example
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend (and continue to have a good one, Willow). We avoided most of the weekend rain in my part of the city which was good and FINALLY we have a extended forecast that DOESN'T predict rain! I read an article that was written on May 27, that said that in the last 30 days the state of Texas had 8,000,000 acre feet of rain fall. That means it was enough water to cover 8million acres with one foot of water. Or, it was enough water to cover the entire state of Rhode Island in 10ft of water, or enough water to meet NYC's water needs for seven full years. I think a rain free forecast is cause for celebration! haha

In case y'all aren't aware (as I wasn't until this weekend) -- The strawberry poppyseed chicken salad is back at Panera! If you get it without the pecans and don't eat the baguette it is 250 calories. I count it as one PF (chicken), one SC (all the fruit) and one Limited Extra. I get it with spinach instead of romaine lettuce and I'm telling y'all I could eat this every day. SO good! You can also buy the dressing at Target (maybe other places) and make it yourself if that's something you're into.
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Good to hear everybody is still going strong!! I have been struggling the last week or so, with staying 100% on plan, but also fitting in my running! I realize I don't have much to complain about, hearing how other parts of the country is suffering from the weather! We also went almost overnight from winter to summer and it is becoming rather hot!

DH left on Monday for his annual summer trip - back to Alaska again! I'll be joining him on 19 June in Anchorage for 5 days and then I'll also be spending a week with him in Canada around the 4th of July. I decided not to run the full marathon in Anchorage I was planning, but have entered for the half marathon and my running has not been going well! Well, actually, simply put - I have just not been training enough! So I am dreading the 19 June Anchorage trip a bit!

Amanda I quite often use my desserts as SC's and order a lot of the pizza puffs and cheese curls for that purpose - I find it works quite well even if the calories are a bit over 120. I never use any extras, so I just consider those my extras when I am over a bit!
  • SAfricaChick
    Options
    Mmmm looks like we are losing everybody here! I guess I'll continue checking back in for a while to see if anybody comes back!
  • spamanda53
    Options
    I'm still here Carin!
  • spamanda53
    Options
    I am quite proud of myself for this weekend. On Friday, I went to my cousin's Eagle Scout Court of Honor. On the way there, we stopped at Panera and I got one of the Strawberry poppyseed and Chicken salads (PF+SC+LE) and ate a lunch bar. I avoided all of the cake and punch at the reception afterwards and ate a SC and my dessert once we got home.
    On Saturday, I went to (and kind of hosted) a going away party for my former youth minister. And while I did snack on some of the food that I was preparing, I logged it in MFP and avoided the food while at the party. Because I was so busy during the day, I ended up missing some food (I did manage to get in a lunch bar during the day though). After that, I went out for dinner and I got a 6oz sirloin steak with a plain sweet potato and broccoli. Stayed under my calorie goal for the day.
    Sunday, we grilled out and I stayed on plan except for a handful or two of pita chips - But since I had missed a few add-ins I am fairly certain that I stayed under the calorie goal.
    I am ALMOST glad that it is Monday and the busy weekend is behind me. haha. I could use another day of the weekend to relax but ..... oh well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • irandamay
    Options
    I'm still here, there, everywhere. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Carin
    I am here, I may not always answer but I do read each post. From another message Thread I posted this

Hi All
    I walked this morning to the Quik Chek and took a new route, with one backtrack from a dead end street I ended up walking 1.95 miles. It drizzled on me one or twice so I put on the Frog Togs jacket until it ended.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

It is no marathon like You do, but since in January 2014 It was all I could do to walk to the corner and back I think it is a great bump in distance.

Have a Really Good Day
    Roger
  • willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!

I am very aware that I have been MIA for awhile. So sorry! My life has just been a whirlwind of busyness the past few weeks with every minute feeling that it has been scheduled. It's definitely time to slow down!!!!

I did manage to get out and work in the yard/garden for awhile yesterday. . . ok, longer than "awhile." I was actually working hard for 3 1/2 hours! It felt good to be outside, moving my body around, and getting the yard shaped up. I lost track of time and just kept going. . . it was only when I stopped that I realized I had probably done too much. It was okay, though. I was out working again this morning. . . and loving it!

Can you believe my doctor told me gardening does not count as exercise!? I really don't understand that comment.

I have been trying some of the new NS food over the past few weeks and am having trouble finding anything new that I like. Has anyone else identified a tasty new item?

Thanks for the info about the Panera menu, Amanda. I don't know if we have a Panera here although I did eat at one when traveling one time. I recently had some success staying on plan while at Noodles & Company! They have a new "Buff" menu that replaces fresh spinach for the noodles and has double veggies. I ordered one with grilled shrimp and asked them to put the sauce on the side. It was quite yummy! And . . made me happy to be able to eat at a fast food restaurant without feeling guilty.

The weather has continued to be noteworthy all across the country, it seems. I'm happy to hear that we are all managing to stay safe despite periods of excessive rain and flooding!

• irandamay
    Options
    Great job Roger! Everyone starts somewhere and 1.95 miles is great improvement. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hey Guys!

I am very aware that I have been MIA for awhile. So sorry! My life has just been a whirlwind of busyness the past few weeks with every minute feeling that it has been scheduled. It's definitely time to slow down!!!!

I did manage to get out and work in the yard/garden for awhile yesterday. . . ok, longer than "awhile." I was actually working hard for 3 1/2 hours! It felt good to be outside, moving my body around, and getting the yard shaped up. I lost track of time and just kept going. . . it was only when I stopped that I realized I had probably done too much. It was okay, though. I was out working again this morning. . . and loving it!

Can you believe my doctor told me gardening does not count as exercise!? I really don't understand that comment.

I have been trying some of the new NS food over the past few weeks and am having trouble finding anything new that I like. Has anyone else identified a tasty new item?

Thanks for the info about the Panera menu, Amanda. I don't know if we have a Panera here although I did eat at one when traveling one time. I recently had some success staying on plan while at Noodles & Company! They have a new "Buff" menu that replaces fresh spinach for the noodles and has double veggies. I ordered one with grilled shrimp and asked them to put the sauce on the side. It was quite yummy! And . . made me happy to be able to eat at a fast food restaurant without feeling guilty.

The weather has continued to be noteworthy all across the country, it seems. I'm happy to hear that we are all managing to stay safe despite periods of excessive rain and flooding!

Congratulations on that victory while eating out.
    On the New Foods I do like the Shelf Stable (SS) new Lunches, The BBQ Pulled Pork, Bean Bolognese, & the Arroz Con Pollo.

In the SS Dinners the Not quite so new SS Santa Fe Style White Rice Chicken and the Sesame Ginger Chicken and the Tuscan Inspired Pasta as well as well as the Frozen Steak Tagliata and the Whole Wheat Ricotta Crepe.

The Frozen Chicken and Roasted Vegetables as well as the SS Mac & Cheese with Turkey Sausage Shelf Stable Dinner are OK for use once or twice per order, The Meatloaf & Mashed gets a Thumbs Down from me.

Cheers
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    Great job Roger! Everyone starts somewhere and 1.95 miles is great improvement. :)

Hi Miranda
    Thank You for the encouraging words. Tomorow if the Weather co-operates I plan to go 1.05 one way to the McDs for my Coffee.
    Roger
  • willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Roger,

You are doing so well with your weight loss and increased physical activity! Congratulations!!! I don't know if it is the same for you, but I have been quite surprised at my increased stamina since losing weight. We've got this!!

• SAfricaChick
    Options
    HEY!! Nice to see everybody is still here!!
    Roger, great job on the walk! I love the saying "you don't need to compete with anybody but the you of yesterday" - that is what you are doing and that is awesome!
    Willow, what is your doctor smoking!! How can gardening not be exercise? That is why I never do it! It is too much work!
    Amanda, great stuff with your food choices over the week-end!! Sounds like you did great!

I have been really frustrated with my inability to get into the NS site to update my food order which means that it eventually got sent without me being able to change any selections from the last time (many months ago!) when we got BBB's but ALSO without being able to use my Costco cards! I was NOT a very happy camper!
  • irandamay
    Options
    Carin, that sucks! Near the end of the forums and rest of the site stuff, I started having a lot of problems using the site on Chrome, my regular browser, that still continue now. I had to start using the site in Internet Explorer... the only thing I ever open that up for.