Options

Replies

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Today I put on a pair of tracksuit bottoms I haven't put on in forever. They used to be rather tight around the thighs, showing every bump. Much to my astonishment they are now loose, almost verging on baggy, around the thighs. It's the little things that keeps me from stuffing Keeler Elf cookies down my gullet.

Congratulations!!!!! When your clothes start fitting better, and old favorites are too big - it's time to celebrate - no elf cookies - just healthy real foods. Feed the cookies to the elves B)

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Today I put on a pair of tracksuit bottoms I haven't put on in forever. They used to be rather tight around the thighs, showing every bump. Much to my astonishment they are now loose, almost verging on baggy, around the thighs. It's the little things that keeps me from stuffing Keeler Elf cookies down my gullet.

Congratulations!!!!! When your clothes start fitting better, and old favorites are too big - it's time to celebrate - no elf cookies - just healthy real foods. Feed the cookies to the elves B)

Thank you. So this is what happened to me yesterday. I was walking past a Carvel (they do yummy soft serve ice cream) after leaving the cardiologist's with a great report. I had been fasting all day because my PCP, who is in that practice as well, needed a lipid panel. Anyway, after all the good news, and being hungry, and having walked to the doc's and back (1.3 miles each way) I felt I wanted a treat. Soooo, I go in. No one is behind the counter and I am staring at the calorie counts listed. They did not have a calorie count for a plain old small vanilla in a cup but the sundaes, etc., were shocking! Knowing that the staff there are generally not helpful, I walked out. I finished my errands and had a healthy lunch at home. When I consulted the Carvel website I was shocked to see that the small cup I was going to have was 450 calorie! Yikes! The Junior, or child's cup, is 150 or so, so now I know what to get should the cravings come on. In the past I would have ate first and asked questions later. Not anymore.
  • mom216
    Options
    I increased the amount of weight and number of sets during my workout. Game face on, I B) can do this!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good for you mom216! Love the picture of the dog :smile:
  • mom216
    Options
    Hopefully in the near future I will add the rest of the family :) It's a long story - the ex has my beautiful fur baby. I know the dog is loved and well cared for. The picture brings me great joy! He is a big beautiful gentle soul.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Took my grandsons to the zoo yesterday and had a great time. It dawned on me when I was there that I could have carried them both the entire time and the weight would not have come close to what my weight was last year just by myself. It's hard for me to wrap my head around how I managed to even get through the day when I was that heavy.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We went fishing over the weekend and took the truck with just the crew cab. My son is a large guy, 6'2" and 290 lbs (defensive lineman), so I offered to sit in the back. I was able to do it comfortably!! Couldn't do that 78 pounds ago. Also, he was behind me as I was getting in, so that he could give me a push if I needed it to get in the truck (it's pretty high, and my legs aren't that long). I didn't need help!!!! Yay!!
  • Slashnl
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Took my grandsons to the zoo yesterday and had a great time. It dawned on me when I was there that I could have carried them both the entire time and the weight would not have come close to what my weight was last year just by myself. It's hard for me to wrap my head around how I managed to even get through the day when I was that heavy.

This is what it is all about. Being able to live your life without being held back by weight!
  • mom216
    Options
    BRaye325 I love those aha moments!
    Slashnl Spending quality time with family and being comfortable doing it - Yes!!!!!! Great job!!!
  • Slashnl
    Options
    I tucked in my shirt today for work. It actually looked better tucked in! Wow!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    I tucked in my shirt today for work. It actually looked better tucked in! Wow!

That's awesome, I'm not there yet.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I kept up with my daughters in a two day marathon of prep work for a 3 year olds party. (I was pooped when it was all over)
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was doing a 35 mi. bike ride the other day and got caught in a downpour. I realized it didn't bother me in the least and even felt cooler , so I just kept cheerfully riding.
    Today after finishing a ride I got out the chainsaw and cut trees and brush til Noon.
    It occurred to me how fortunate I am to be this healthy at 72. I think I owe it all to MFP&Gang and a 30 year old Raleigh.
    ((((;
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is phenomenal!
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was doing a 35 mi. bike ride the other day and got caught in a downpour. I realized it didn't bother me in the least and even felt cooler , so I just kept cheerfully riding.
    Today after finishing a ride I got out the chainsaw and cut trees and brush til Noon.
    It occurred to me how fortunate I am to be this healthy at 72. I think I owe it all to MFP&Gang and a 30 year old Raleigh.
    ((((;

I use to bike ride with a friend that was 75 yrs. we would go about 20 miles and he would beat me all the time. Then his knee went bad, now his hip is bad and he doesn't want to get it fixed. I miss him cause he would push me to go faster.
  • RuefulRabbit
    RuefulRabbit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had to tighten my belt a notch this morning.
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is a good nsv :smiley:
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    There is a bit more length in a belt.
  • RuefulRabbit
    RuefulRabbit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Promise not to laugh too much?

Was getting dressed for work this morning, and my pants fell down.
  • marekdds
    Options
    ^^Love this one! I was running on treadmill at the gym and my panties kept falling down inside my shorts.