Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 completed yesterday. A bit harder but not as bad as I thought.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done yesterday, a little scared about W3 I have to admit, but as everyone has said, I know it's just mind over matter and I'll give it my best shot.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Week 7 completed this evening :smiley:

I managed to keep going for a while after the 25minutes alarm went off, so I eventually ran for 28 minutes and 40 seconds. Feel so pleased with myself! But sort of annoyed at the same time as I didn't manage to keep going for 30 minutes. Hay fever was really bad, had to stop to blow my nose. So near but yet so far!

I'm really looking forward to starting week 8 on Sunday, but as I already know I can do 28 minutes, should I skip to week 9 , or stick with week 8?

Since each day is different and each run is different, I'd move on with Week 8. You can always add on to the running time if you feel like it. What are your plans after you finish the program?

(Also, I feel like I'm always blowing my nose every time I run! So annoying!)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Hi all I new here just download the C25k yesterday. My userly work out is a 10km walk witch I can do in 2 1/2 hours userly. I looking forwared to my speed increase. I wandering those sine my boby is can do the 2 1/2 hour work out and still have tunes off energy if I should do the 1w1d and the finish what ever left off my 10k. What do you experience runner thank?

Are you doing a 10k walk every day? Depending on how you feel, you could always do the w1d1 and then have a longer "cool down" walk to finish the distance. As long as you are allowing a rest day from running in between running days, you should be good.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

I managed to keep going for a while after the 25minutes alarm went off, so I eventually ran for 28 minutes and 40 seconds. Feel so pleased with myself! But sort of annoyed at the same time as I didn't manage to keep going for 30 minutes. Hay fever was really bad, had to stop to blow my nose. So near but yet so far!

I'm really looking forward to starting week 8 on Sunday, but as I already know I can do 28 minutes, should I skip to week 9 , or stick with week 8?

Since each day is different and each run is different, I'd move on with Week 8. You can always add on to the running time if you feel like it. What are your plans after you finish the program?

I had the same question. Since I'm doing the program by distance I'm running over 30 mins by default. Technically I've completed the program by time. I was contemplating if I should finish w7-w9 by time and focus on distance and speed later or finish by distance. I guess I'll figure it out when I do w7d2 today.
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Completed week 3 and added one more 3 minute run before the cool down. Looking forward to starting week 4 on Wednesday.

@CariTJR - Week 3 isn't too bad, just take it slow.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Did Week 6/Day 1 this a.m.....sooo hot already at 5:45am but otherwise a good run :)
  • melliesmommy
    melliesmommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off and I'm going back at it today!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »
    Finished W5D2 last night. That's the first time in a while I've been able to complete a whole run - in fact I was stuck on week 4 for a few rounds.

Me too...... not sure if I am procrastinating W5...... looking forward to W4D3 tonight!

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    W8D1 completed. Was getting a bit winded at the end, but I slowed down and finished without any problems. Can't believe how far I have come...2 more runs and then the parkrun on Saturday for my first official 5k. I have really enjoyed the last 2 runs and have decided to move onto B210k next week.
  • samra338
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

I had the same question. Since I'm doing the program by distance I'm running over 30 mins by default. Technically I've completed the program by time. I was contemplating if I should finish w7-w9 by time and focus on distance and speed later or finish by distance. I guess I'll figure it out when I do w7d2 today.

I would say try and finish by distance. Like people have been saying, i have noticed that the more I run, the faster I am.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @melliesmommy me too :) I'll be doing w4d3....
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    @melliesmommy me too :) I'll be doing w4d3....

Good luck tonight! I'll be doing w4d3 as well. Then I guess we will both be entering the infamous wk 5! :smile:
  • showjumper
    Options
    @tslawson3 B) you too! let me know how it goes.... i usually end up doing my run about 9:30pm MST so about 7 hours from now...... really need to see how to rearrange my day so that I can do it in the morning but I am NOT an early bird!
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm doing w1d3 today. Have to wait for it to cool off some humidity and heat index way to high to run right now. But after about 7 or so it cools off enough for me to run without much problem. Question tho. Is it better to keep a water bottle with you during runs? I usually just get done and drink a bottle of water then. Would it be better to drink some as I run?
  • samra338
    Options
    @arunion01 It's too short a distance, I feel, to carry a water bottle. I never carry one, but today it was hot, and I thought I might need one, as I was running 28 minutes. But I was allright and I drank the water only after I finished.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    @samra. thanks. I didn't think it would be worth it to carry one but heat index today was over 100 so thought I might need it. but I've got those little bottles of Gatorade so may take that just in case today
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    I think I'm totally in my head right now. Today was w7d2. I started walking after the the first mile. So I ended up doing sprint intervals until I finished the 5k loop. On the bright side my new PB is 39:55. I think I'm slipping back into old thinking habits. My way to avoid failure is to not do it at all. I'm focussing on the finish right after I start. This makes for a long treadmill run. Running outside is not an option right now. I'm watching Netflix as I do for every run. I one this is All in my head because I know I can do this. Not sure why I'm letting this get to me now and I'm so close to finishing.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    I think I'm totally in my head right now. Today was w7d2. I started walking after the the first mile. So I ended up doing sprint intervals until I finished the 5k loop. On the bright side my new PB is 39:55. I think I'm slipping back into old thinking habits. My way to avoid failure is to not do it at all. I'm focussing on the finish right after I start. This makes for a long treadmill run. Running outside is not an option right now. I'm watching Netflix as I do for every run. I one this is All in my head because I know I can do this. Not sure why I'm letting this get to me now and I'm so close to finishing.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    @samra338 - you're almost done. What makes the run enjoyable for you? I'm struggling with that right now. I really want to "like" running but I haven't reached that point yet for every run.