Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i ran with a nagging sore ankle (almost 2 weeks) this morning (w8d2) and when i stopped after 28 minutes it was definitely painful. i am terribly frustrated. i can see the finish line, i ran 4.44km in 28m:42s . . . i am SO CLOSE. i ran with an sport wrap on my ankle hoping it would help. seeing the doctor tomorrow, just to be sure it's okay to proceed. :'(
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    i ran with a nagging sore ankle (almost 2 weeks) this morning (w8d2) and when i stopped after 28 minutes it was definitely painful. i am terribly frustrated. i can see the finish line, i ran 4.44km in 28m:42s . . . i am SO CLOSE. i ran with an sport wrap on my ankle hoping it would help. seeing the doctor tomorrow, just to be sure it's okay to proceed. :'(

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Take it easy. You don't want to cause more injury and have to stop running all together. I hope everything goes well at the doctor's. On the brigt side, thats really good timing.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    W1D3 last night showed me how out of shape I am. I normally run on the treadmill in my apartment, but our second treadmill broke and the whole building was attempting to use the one. After weight training and waiting around for an hour, I gave up and decided to run outside for the first time.

It was super hot and super hard. I'm supposed to start W2 tomorrow night. I'm concerned a treadmill won't be available again. Oh well, going to try to slog ahead!

It does make a huge difference running outside but I find I do much better outside than inside. Plus there are people on my street that help by cheering me on. It is very hot but I run after 7 pm so it's not as bad and the sun is down some so don't have the direct sunlight beating on me. Good luck and drink plenty of water. :)
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Completed W8D1 yesterday afternoon. Decided 89° is still to hot for me and will go back to my morning runs. I graduate soon never thought I'd run three miles outside but here I am!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    W3D1 done. Not as bad as I thought, in fact I'm quite pleased with myself Iol. ☺
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR I'll be on Week 3 starting this weekend, and am a bit nervous about it. Glad to hear it went well for you! :smile:
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR I'll be on Week 3 starting this weekend, and am a bit nervous about it. Glad to hear it went well for you! :smile:
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well! It's great to read all the updates.
    I completed W8D2 today, bcos tmrw is going to be very busy. It's the first time I am running on consecutive days and found it hard. I did run 33 minutes, but so slowly that I didn't get the distance. Planning to do the last run on Thursday and run 5k on Saturday :)
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    Did Week 6/Day 2 this morning :) Tomorrow is a rest day, so looking forward to W6D3 on Thursday! My first 5K is on 8/1 and I'm already getting a little nervous about it. But I'm feeling much stronger that last month, so still lots of time for improvement. Happy Tuesday everyone :)

Holy crappola....I was looking at the Cool Running website and just realized that there's no more intervals for me...nothing but "long runs" for the remainder of my C25K experience. Feeling a little....nervous :/
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I was apprehensive about it, the idea of running for 3 mins straight when 2 weeks ago I thought running for 1 min was an accomplishment left me a bit worried, but once you get going (slowly) it's actually alright. You will do great, just take it easy. :smile:

• adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Completed w7d2 this morning. Decided to go a slightly different route, which turned out to be a little longer than I expected (not helped by a minor detour at one point!). The end result was that I was still quite a long way from home when Laura told me to stop running. As it was was a downhill bit, and I wasn't feeling too bad, I decided to carry on, and ended up running 5k distance in a tad under 33 minutes.

I think I'll try and aim for the same route for the remaining runs (minus the detour), and see if I can continue to do the full distance. I do find that once I'm told I can stop, it all becomes much easier as I'm just running "for fun"!
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    W8D2 yesterday was not good :(

Work arrangements meant I had to re-arrange my day, so the early morning run was delayed until later that morning.
    I realised quite early on that I don't like running when it's hot and sunny!
    I'm a typical Celt- ginger colouring, skin refuses to tan, just go hot, bright red and irritable :( Anything over 20 degrees C feels like an oven!
    I was too hot when I left the house, the sun was beating down and I just got more and more uncomfortable.
    Managed 28 minutes, but because the air felt too warm to breathe in I had to run so much slower and end the run a few minutes early. Disappointed with myself.

I much prefer cold, wet days- especially if the wind is up!
    How do people in warmer climates than the UK cope?! I go crazy in the heat!!
  • moonstone82
    moonstone82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Hi all I new here just download the C25k yesterday. My userly work out is a 10km walk witch I can do in 2 1/2 hours userly. I looking forwared to my speed increase. I wandering those sine my boby is can do the 2 1/2 hour work out and still have tunes off energy if I should do the 1w1d and the finish what ever left off my 10k. What do you experience runner thank?

Are you doing a 10k walk every day? Depending on how you feel, you could always do the w1d1 and then have a longer "cool down" walk to finish the distance. As long as you are allowing a rest day from running in between running days, you should be good.

Not everyday as my 3 kids are home from school on the weekends but 5 days a week yes I do the 10k walk. Allso you ware right I was able to do both the 1w1d yesterday and then finish out my 10k. Was able to do it in 2 hour 6 minutes this time. Today my rest day as I did it yesterday.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Repeated week 7 day 3 today and felt good. It's become routine for me to repeat day 3 twice for the past few weeks. Probably a mental thing but the second time I repeat day 3 is always a little bit easier which makes me feel better about moving onto the next week.

Starting week 8 on friday. Whoo hoo!
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Hi Guys, week 5, day 1 this morning..... found it ok, but need to improve my pace if I am going to do a 5k in under 40mins. My plan is showing that I am doing 11.5 min miles at the moment, so I am hoping that with more running and less walking, this will improve. Only 4 weeks to the race...... I hope I can do it. Scary to think that I may be able to run for 30 + mins..............

You really shouldn't worry about your pace, but you're doing fine! You will get faster. And, you realize that 11.5 min/mile is several minutes FASTER than a 40 minute 5k, right? I know it's a little farther, but what I found is that as I increased my time/distance going through the C25K, my pace did not generally decrease.

Thanks.... I'm not too worried about pace, but I really would like to know that I can run it in a decent time..... Have done week 5 day 2 twice, as I am scared of the 20 min run that is next......

• rainbow1974
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    Week 5/Day 3 done!!!! I had no idea I could run for 20 minutes without stopping!!! Crazy. It really does all come down to mind over matter. As long as I cleared my mind and focused on my music and the scenery, it was far more do-able! Great way to start the weekend!!

I don't run with music, but I may do for the big 20min run.... It may help keep me distracted. I may also run somewhere else......

• rainbow1974
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »
    Did it! W5d3 is done... I can run 2 miles! When I started in March, I couldn't finish all the 60 second intervals. Yay!

well done!! ...... how did you measure it? My c25k plan only does time, not distance.... I have to open mapmyrun at the same time to get my distance..... Its my next run...
  • samra338
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Hi Guys, week 5, day 1 this morning..... found it ok, but need to improve my pace if I am going to do a 5k in under 40mins. My plan is showing that I am doing 11.5 min miles at the moment, so I am hoping that with more running and less walking, this will improve. Only 4 weeks to the race...... I hope I can do it. Scary to think that I may be able to run for 30 + mins..............

You really shouldn't worry about your pace, but you're doing fine! You will get faster. And, you realize that 11.5 min/mile is several minutes FASTER than a 40 minute 5k, right? I know it's a little farther, but what I found is that as I increased my time/distance going through the C25K, my pace did not generally decrease.

Thanks.... I'm not too worried about pace, but I really would like to know that I can run it in a decent time..... Have done week 5 day 2 twice, as I am scared of the 20 min run that is next......

Don't be...your body is ready, it's just your mind telling you it is difficult. Just concentrate on your form and slow down as much as you want. Good luck!
  • samra338
    Options
    JSC145 wrote: »
    Repeated week 7 day 3 today and felt good. It's become routine for me to repeat day 3 twice for the past few weeks. Probably a mental thing but the second time I repeat day 3 is always a little bit easier which makes me feel better about moving onto the next week.

Starting week 8 on friday. Whoo hoo!

Wow! The final stretch now..well done. Have you decided what you are going to do next?
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »
    Did it! W5d3 is done... I can run 2 miles! When I started in March, I couldn't finish all the 60 second intervals. Yay!

well done!! ...... how did you measure it? My c25k plan only does time, not distance.... I have to open mapmyrun at the same time to get my distance..... Its my next run...

I'm using the RunDouble C25k app to do c25k distance and not time. My W5d3 was a 2 mile run instead of 20 minutes, and it actually took me about 31 minutes to finish.