Options
    tslawson3 wrote: »
    W6D1 done!!
    Superbly done!!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done! Ran for 30 min straight!!

Thats awesome. The rest of the program will be a piece of cake.
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    w5d2 done - felt sluggish. I've been helping my son and daughter-in-law move the last two days and I think I am just tired.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    W3d3 done and in the books... feels great! I just looked at w4d1 and I'm kinda freaking out a bit. Then I realized I freaked a lil over w3 and killed it, soooo I have confidence that I'll be able to do it!
  • kimiko57
    kimiko57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone killing it! I had a 4 mile walk today-it's my rest day and it felt really good. Does anyone struggle with running in the heat? I was supposed to do 3 miles yesterday and had to stop at 2. I felt like a failure :'( even though I know it was the right thing to do. Happy that tomorrow is another day!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    kimiko57 wrote: »
    Great to see everyone killing it! I had a 4 mile walk today-it's my rest day and it felt really good. Does anyone struggle with running in the heat? I was supposed to do 3 miles yesterday and had to stop at 2. I felt like a failure :'( even though I know it was the right thing to do. Happy that tomorrow is another day!
    I ran early this morning. I swear the humidity was at least 2000%! I ran 5k, went home, showered, ate breakfast, drove to work, and my face was still red. So, yes. I struggle with running in the heat! You are not alone.

Just make sure you are staying hydrated. You might have to slow down even more in the heat.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I did Week 8 Day 1 last night and knocked it out. I have a 5K scheduled for next weekend, but I want to try it in advance. Now what to do? I want someone to actually gauge my distance because I may be the world's slowest runner. I don't think I'm actually hitting all the distances, but the pace I'm running is something I know I can sustain. I'm considering going back to the beginning and significantly increasing my pace to see if I can build up doing something outside of a 12 to 14-minute mile like I'm doing now.

Any recommendations? Are there other apps that can help with this?
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I did Week 8 Day 1 last night and knocked it out. I have a 5K scheduled for next weekend, but I want to try it in advance. Now what to do? I want someone to actually gauge my distance because I may be the world's slowest runner. I don't think I'm actually hitting all the distances, but the pace I'm running is something I know I can sustain. I'm considering going back to the beginning and significantly increasing my pace to see if I can build up doing something outside of a 12 to 14-minute mile like I'm doing now.

Building up more endurance will help your pace. Running more miles = faster pace. If you have the time to commit, you might think about moving on to a Bridge to 10k program. Even just running 30 minutes to an hour 3 or 4 days a week would be a start.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Building up more endurance will help your pace. Running more miles = faster pace. If you have the time to commit, you might think about moving on to a Bridge to 10k program. Even just running 30 minutes to an hour 3 or 4 days a week would be a start.

^^^ What she said :)
    My advice to anyone finishing the program, is to take a few weeks of running for 30-40(ish) minutes, 3-4 times a week and then look into the B210K apps. Find one that's suitable and will get you out to an hour (or more) of running. Once you're doing 3-4 hours a week regularly you'll find your speed increasing over the shorter runs. A month or two of the above and you can start playing with different programs, depending on your goals (Faster 5K, faster 10K, Half marathon?? Beyond?)
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 tonight! I even ran longer on my last running interval, so I'm now feeling confident about the 5 minute intervals in W4D1.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did Week 8/Day 2 this morning....almost done with C25K and feeling great!!!! I can't believe how much I enjoy running now!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 done. I did it by distance this time and I am currently running 11 minutes per mile. I'm proud of that progress. Looking forward to Day 3. Happy 4th!!
  • MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today was W5D3 and I have a corny story for you! I dreamed about it last night. In my dream, I went out to the park, and I did the whole thing, the whole 20 minutes. So, when I woke up I was pretty excited and feeling good about it! I felt like it was a sign! I put together a playlist for the jog, and set up mapmyrun for the very first time. I've never tracked my pace/distance before and I thought it was time. When I got out to the park, I was met with a gorgeous sight. The track has been lined with American flags in honor of Independence Day. Jogging past our flying colors, close enough to reach out and touch, I couldn't have been more inspired. I remembered my grandfather who fought in WWII, and felt tears in my eyes. Of course, crying makes it really hard to breathe when you're doing cardio, so I womanned up and got a grip, lol. It was just so beautiful, and whenever I thought I was getting too tired, or too out of breath, or didn't know if I could keep going, my eyes went back to those flags, and my mind went to the soldiers who have fought, who fight, for us. Out of love, out of honor. And I kept going. The flags stood like soldiers, waving at me and cheering me on. They never tire. They never quit. I finished my 20 minute jog, out of breath, slightly shaky, and completely proud to be an American. I checked mapmyrun and got one more surprise. This whole time I thought I was going at a snail's pace, sure that I was going slower than a 12 minute mile. I jogged 1.97 miles in 20 minutes. I didn't think I was anywhere close to a 10 minute mile, but I'm right on the cusp! What a beautiful day! I'm proud of myself, I'm proud of our soldiers, and I'm proud of all of you fighting alongside me! If any of you are veterans, I thank you for your service. I thank everyone here for your fellowship and support. Whether you're fighting for your country, each other, or your lives, I hope all of you have a beautiful day!IMAG2768_zpsltkli2ax.jpg
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @musicalmaddi11 what a great story. Awesome job on your time.
  • MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @MusicalMelanie11 Well done! Great time! Good to see everyone doing so well :smile:
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @MusicalMelanie11 Great story and great run!
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 8/Day 3 this morning....30 minute run without stopping! I covered 3.5 miles including the 5 minute warm up and cool down. Since I'm doing the Zen Labs version of C25K, this means I've officially graduated!!! Hooray!!! Sunday is a rest day, then I'll be starting the 10K trainer on Monday. I've already signed up for the Bridge to 10K group on MFP, so I hope to see some of you over there! Best of luck to everyone and thanks for the support and encouragement!!!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 done this morning. Ran a little longer on the last interval just to start mentally prepping myself for 5 minute jog next week =O