What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group. I just started my life change after a LONNNGGG time of eating whatever I wanted. I need to lose weight, get into shape and get my sugar levels down. I am really going to try this time. Today I have had a great day! Ate low carbs, drank all my water, and stayed under my calorie count. I have to keep this up! Thanks for having a group to join! Thanks for all your ideas! :smile: Sometimes, if I just know that other people are going through the same thing helps!!!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    sillymetwo wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Is This is Tae Bo anything like the original introduction workout?

I don't know, I am not familiar with his earlier workouts. It was released in 2010

Is it hard?

• nikkib0103
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    Today I just want to come in under goal. I did my walk, had my breakfast, a good snack, plan a healthy lunch and dinner. If I can manage this it will be enough to make me happy.

How did you get on Nikki? looks like you got this :)

Frankly, BBee, it varies from day to day. I had been doing very well for a long time when suddenly I was tired of it all, discouraged by my knees and just wanted to sit down with a cheesecake and a fork. Which I did not do. I go through each day walking and logging and hoping I push through this logjam. What other option is there but to push on when failure is not an option?
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Thanks, BBee, for asking
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    last night. Today is weights, I hate weights.

I hate weights too.. but they do burn calories
    it will all be worth it Jen ;)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Did a cold 20 minute scuba dive to locate a fixed anchor in a lake yesterday at my parent's place. The float from last year was taken by the ice. It's usually a five minute search job but with recent rains and a tannic lake, visibility was 2-3 feet at a depth of 15-20. Took a long time. And by the way, I didn't dive alone. The voices in my head were there. (Actually I'm a fire dept. Recovery diver with loads of hours, training and redundant systems to get out of trouble)

Wow! sounds like an awesome career? I personally would be terrified. water is my biggest fear
    I really admire people like yourself that are part of fire dept.. :)
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Today I am going to really focus on water, keep a sharp eye on my food weighing/measuring, and pushing through this logjam.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Did a cold 20 minute scuba dive to locate a fixed anchor in a lake yesterday at my parent's place. The float from last year was taken by the ice. It's usually a five minute search job but with recent rains and a tannic lake, visibility was 2-3 feet at a depth of 15-20. Took a long time. And by the way, I didn't dive alone. The voices in my head were there. (Actually I'm a fire dept. Recovery diver with loads of hours, training and redundant systems to get out of trouble)

Wow! sounds like an awesome career? I personally would be terrified. water is my biggest fear
    I really admire people like yourself that are part of fire dept.. :)

Thanks very much. I'm a volunteer FF, but it's like a second career. I've been at it 25 years. We do several special rescue teams I've been lucky? enough to be a part of for many years in addition to regular firefighting. I just retired as Chief in December after a heart attack last year. I'm still active, but at 59 I'm happy to just drive and operate the trucks and leave the hard work to the kiddies. I occasionally throw on an air pack and go in on attack if needed, but I'm trying to minimize that. It would be a bad place to meet up with that second MI that's waiting for me. I'm doing everything in my control to avoid it, exercise, healthy weight, decreased stress etc.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Todays goal was to get to the pool BEFORE work and I did it!! :smiley:
    Amazing how hard it is if you miss for a little while! But I did it (imagine a happy dance here)!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't do the weights yesterday, but I did do them this morning. Everyone is really doing well. Keep up the good work.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My goal was to walk over the Woodrow Wilson bridge - mother nature had other plans. It is raining again !@#$%!!! - so now I'm going to the gym.

tuliplor We are ALL going through the same thing! Trying to eat healthy, move our bodies and enjoy life. B)
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    Many walks back and forth on the range sighting in my new target rifle. After a lot of scope tweaking getting a nice 1" groups of 5 at 50 yards. Had the company of a couple bunnys who seemed quite used to gunfire. Club rules make them safe and they appear to have read them.

8jsx9nb86dyt.jpg
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Under goal. That is all I want for today.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today I am going to really focus on water, keep a sharp eye on my food weighing/measuring, and pushing through this logjam.

How did u get on nikki?
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Under goal. That is all I want for today.

WTG!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    My goal was to walk over the Woodrow Wilson bridge - mother nature had other plans. It is raining again !@#$%!!! - so now I'm going to the gym.

tuliplor We are ALL going through the same thing! Trying to eat healthy, move our bodies and enjoy life. B)

The weather always gets in the way of our plans :(
  • nikkib0103
    Options

How did u get on nikki?

Fine. I weighed everything I could and despite being a little hungry did not go over. I drank some water which filled me up but I have to say, being 'filled up' with water is just not as satisfying as being filled up with ice cream. However, sacrifices must be made so there we are. I found, in an old box of books, a book on food addiction. I am going to take a look at it and see what it says. Something in there might help. The boyfriend says I light up when talking about food or about to take a bite of something I like. So, you know, I think I might have a problem. Thanks for asking.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    This is a journey of self discovery Nikki, as time goes on we start & find out just what triggers our weight issues. I be interested to learn what u get from the book

Have a great day xx
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today I'm going to drink more water
    Walk more
    Smile more

Have a good day everyone
  • MHTret
    MHTret Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to drink more water
    Walk more
    Smile more

Have a good day everyone

"Smile more" -- sounds like an excellent plan!

Monday nights I eat supper with my son, DIL and granddaughter. DIL is such a great cook (and I am so not!) that I'm always tempted to overdo, plus it's hard to count calories without asking how everything was prepared. So Monday's goal is to
    1) eat like a normal person, not someone recently saved from a desert island
    2) try to get as close as possible to an accurate calorie count when I get home, and
    3) rack up some extra exercise calories before I go.