2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    steffenson wrote: »
    trimom10 wrote: »
    Question - How are the Points Jersey column numbers calculated?

They are calculated based on your overall place in the distance, speed and climbing categories. There are 36 racers so a 1st in any once place will net you 36 points while a 2nd would be 35 points and so on down. Thus a first in all 3 categories would give a max of 108 points.

At lest that is how I understand it.

Based on the last tour this means you can be no higher then 3rd or 4th place in any of the 3 categories but still winning the points jersey.

Again, perfect description... Thanks again.

• trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

They are calculated based on your overall place in the distance, speed and climbing categories. There are 36 racers so a 1st in any once place will net you 36 points while a 2nd would be 35 points and so on down. Thus a first in all 3 categories would give a max of 108 points.

Based on the last tour this means you can be no higher then 3rd or 4th place in any of the 3 categories but still winning the points jersey.

Makes sense. Thanks.
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Us lowly peons do what we can to help out ;)
  • glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    TdF Challenge Entries for Rider 335 Team Jumbo

Stage Date Distance Time Ascent(m) Ride Log URL
    ======================================================================
    1 ITT 04/07 15.2km 00:33:25 43m https://www.strava.com/activities/339167835
    2 05/07 112.2km 04:37:04 451m https://www.strava.com/activities/339573331
    3 06/07 22.7km 00:43:16 80m https://www.strava.com/activities/340548740
    4 07/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    5 08/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    6 09/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    7 10/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    8 11/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    9 TTT 12/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    R 13/07
    10 14/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    11 15/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    12 16/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    13 17/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    14 18/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    15 19/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    16 20/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    R 21/07
    17 22/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    18 23/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    19 24/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    20 25/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    21 26/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________

Running Total 150.1km
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Again, my apologies to Team Lotta Jumbos... but I'm honestly not sure how many rides I'm going to get in during Le Tour. My husband has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now for his heart condition, and there were hopes of him being able to go home on meds until a donor heart is available, but they can't keep him stable so he's going to have to have surgery :( This means for at least 6 weeks I won't have much spare time to get a ride in :-/
    So, if there is another eager beaver who's already been riding and willing to hop in my spot, cheers to him/her and go on with you! If not, I'll do my level best to try and get *some* miles on the board but I can't promise anything :-/

• TheBigYin
    Options
    TdF Challenge Entries for Rider 335 Team Jumbo

Stage Date Distance Time Ascent(m) Ride Log URL
    ======================================================================
    1 ITT 04/07 15.2km 00:33:25 43m https://www.strava.com/activities/339167835
    2 05/07 112.2km 04:37:04 451m https://www.strava.com/activities/339573331
    3 06/07 22.7km 00:43:16 80m https://www.strava.com/activities/340548740
    4 07/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    5 08/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    6 09/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    7 10/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    8 11/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    9 TTT 12/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    R 13/07
    10 14/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    11 15/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    12 16/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    13 17/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    14 18/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    15 19/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    16 20/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    R 21/07
    17 22/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    18 23/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    19 24/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    20 25/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________
    21 26/07 ___._km __:__:__ ____m ___________________________________

Running Total 150.1km

I'll "quote" this over into the correct thread for you...

for future reference - posting thread is here - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10201681/2015-mfp-tour-de-france-challenge-ride-logging-thread#Item_98

• gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ugh; just deleted log. posted to wrong thread
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Again, my apologies to Team Lotta Jumbos... but I'm honestly not sure how many rides I'm going to get in during Le Tour. My husband has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now for his heart condition, and there were hopes of him being able to go home on meds until a donor heart is available, but they can't keep him stable so he's going to have to have surgery :( This means for at least 6 weeks I won't have much spare time to get a ride in :-/
    So, if there is another eager beaver who's already been riding and willing to hop in my spot, cheers to him/her and go on with you! If not, I'll do my level best to try and get *some* miles on the board but I can't promise anything :-/

I am wishing you and your husband the best of luck and speedy recovery after that surgery!
    Don't worry about the TdF challenge, you don't need another stress in your life.

TheBigYin - I am not sure how this works out - is this where one of the 2 alts is able to join? Or not as the challenge has already started?
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    No way I'd have gone out in that weather if it wasn't for the challenge. That wet I got the winter bike out and for a few seconds considered my CX!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options

Wow! I'm really sorry to hear that. That's got to be really stressful. I hope things go well.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I really am reluctant to have to post this. I have only missed one day of riding in the last two challenges. I had to miss today. I have had a couple of patients go really south on me, one who passed away. The time and emotional drain was too much and I needed to take the day off and spend time with my wife and kids and get some rest. I promise I'll get back at it tomorrow. Sorry Team Pastana.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Never mind about the silly cycling challenge, you concentrate on the important thing - being there for your husband. I know how much time is consumed when family are in hospital - it's all you can do to find time to eat/sleep yourself, never mind anything else.

Thanks for letting us know - and I'm sure I speak for everyone on all the teams when I say you and your husband are in our thoughts (and prayers, for those who do that thing)...

Stay Strong.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    TheBigYin - I am not sure how this works out - is this where one of the 2 alts is able to join? Or not as the challenge has already started?

Once the challenge starts (i.e. the first ride has been booked into the submissions thread by anyone, there are no substitutions allowed - just like the real thing.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    BigG59 wrote: »
    No way I'd have gone out in that weather if it wasn't for the challenge. That wet I got the winter bike out and for a few seconds considered my CX!!!

I'm thinking that today may well be that for me... not happy at all about it, but even if I only ride up and down the street far enough to get outside my "strava privacy zone" so there's a GPS track, I'm NOT failing today.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    I really am reluctant to have to post this. I have only missed one day of riding in the last two challenges. I had to miss today. I have had a couple of patients go really south on me, one who passed away. The time and emotional drain was too much and I needed to take the day off and spend time with my wife and kids and get some rest. I promise I'll get back at it tomorrow. Sorry Team Pastana.

Understandable, and once again I say it "don't worry about the silly cycling challenge" - and if anyone should be apologising to Team Pastana it's me... I've been as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike this tour so far, and not shaping up to be any better today :-1:

• sufferlandrian
    Options

Understandable, and once again I say it "don't worry about the silly cycling challenge" - and if anyone should be apologising to Team Pastana it's me... I've been as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike this tour so far, and not shaping up to be any better today :-1:

I live in Montana. An ashtray would be useful on a motorcycle. :smile:
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Team Pastana presses on. I think we are doing really good given the circumstances (injuries and weather). I appreciate each one of you, as it spurs me on.
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Life has a habit of getting in the way, sending you and yours some best wishes.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my lack of logging...hopefully will get caught up in the nex couple of days-not that I have big Kms to post or anything. Had unexcepted visitors show up at my house plus extra hours at work to juggle. Now to find time to start sorting out my gear for RAGBRAI.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try to boost my mileage now that I have last night's race out of the way. Try to do my part to give Pastana a boost!