Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    just finished week3/day3
    I tried doing this running thing on my own but found that I was getting no where. downloaded the app and I can already tell there is improvement

• angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D2! It seems to be getting easier! I have to admit that D1 of this week was a bit scary and I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. My legs started burning between 3 and 4min into the run, but I fought through it. The burning only lasted like half a min and then I was fine. The next 5min run was way easier. I'm so proud of myself for keeping at it as I've thought about quitting more than once.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @klmnumbers - We're on the same schedule! I do W4D2 tomorrow.

I just signed up for my first 5k exactly 6 weeks from tomorrow. I'm nervous but also really excited!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    I tried to do w4d1 but the app wasn't working so I did intervals with songs on Iheart 1 song walk/1 song runx4
    hopefully, tomorrow the app will behave
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 - That's so weird. When I went to do W4D1 on Monday the app wouldn't work, either. I had to reset it and then it finally went through the workout. Never had that problem until now. I'm doing W4D2 today so hopefully it'll work.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    W4d3 DONE! I even ran the entire 5 min cool down just to see if I could... I could!!! So very excited to have made it through this week, makes w5 look manageable!
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Started my last week today!! Whoo hoo!! I've consistently been hitting 3 miles when I include warmup and cool down. I think I will do the 5k improver on my rundouble app until my 5k next month.

Keep it up everyone! It IS possible!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done. On the treadmill again today because it was storming out. Week 4 is definitely a step up in difficulty for me.... but I'm doing it! (slowly)
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Way to go, @JSC145 !!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D1 today. My plan was to start outside if I could get past week 5 on the treadmill but the heat & humidity was awful here today. I could barely breath just walking outside. So treadmill it was but I increased my speed a bit on my runs and upped the incline a bit too.

Also on a side note I got new running shoes, adidas adio boost, OMG!! I am in love!! they are awesome!!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done! I had to take too many rest days (due to schedule issues and bad air quality) and I could tell... but I still rocked it! Felt better than W4D1.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So excited. Got me a new pair of running shoes tonight. I have never paid this much for a pair of shoes before but I must say I'm glad I did. The felt great during my run tonight. I am on week 2 day 1!!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @moyer566 - That's so weird. When I went to do W4D1 on Monday the app wouldn't work, either. I had to reset it and then it finally went through the workout. Never had that problem until now. I'm doing W4D2 today so hopefully it'll work.

it wouldn't work again so I did the same thing as yesterday. I'm hoping I won't have to reset it. I like having it all checked off. personal acheivements and all that
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Decided to stop procrastinating and did my run outside tonight. I started fresh, day 1. It is sooooooo much harder outside than on the treadmill!! I struggled with the 1 minute runs yet on the treadmill 8 minutes are a breeze. But I didn't stop once and felt stronger with each run.
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    W8D1 complete!! Feeling great! 2 more days to go and then I will start working on times.
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done today! 2.5 miles . Wow! It's still hard to believe but I'm actually running and enjoying it.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Darn. Thunderstorms galore tonight so no run for me but my son and I started a 30 strength challenge. He's 13 and is a drummer for the marching band and needs to build some muscle and so greatful that he wants to do it with me.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 felt good, I look forward to seeing how much week 2 kicks my but on monday lol
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    W4D3 outside this morning since it finally wasn't raining... and boy was it hard. D1 and 2 on the treadmill were already tough, but D3 was killer. I definitely thought about walking in the middle of both 5 min runs but kept with it.. just slowed down and kept jogging at a snail's place.

Little concerned about the move to W5 next week. But I'm going to give it a go!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    rest day. one mile
    tomorrow w4d1