Daily check in

Options

Replies

• Rubie782
    Rubie782 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day on the fix. I just did total body cardio fix and my legs feel like jello! I did have to modify a few things and take a break here and there but I did it! Anyone else starting today? Add me as a friend and we can keep each other accountable!
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. I will add you as a friend.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    REading along, I haven't been focused at all. Going on vacation next week - will be back in full swing when I get back.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Finished extreme yesterday. Lost 4.5 lbs and 2.75 inches. Not bad! Don't know if I am a huge fan of the extreme workouts though, I still really like the regular version so far.
    Starting today I am going to do a piyo and t25 hybrid. Probably won't be checking in as much but will be reading along:)
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Awesome results @venuila ....congrats!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I worked the whole holiday weekend, and have been struggling the last few days.

Yesterday I planned badly, and ended up eating a 6 piece chicken nuggets for one meal, and a meal replacement bar for another meal. Today it's hot outside, and I'm not sure I'm going to manage to eat my last meal.

TOM is just a few days away, so the scale is up a bit. I'm hoping that when it's over, I'll end the round at least as good as my first round.
  • Turningpage0201
    Turningpage0201 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Will be starting the fix soon. Wanted to jump in and get some insight before I do. Can't wait to share ups and downs, results and set backs but most of all determination to once and for all beat this battle with weight and food.

P.S read some post and truly motivating and inspiring.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Turningpage0201 !!! You're in the right place :) Any questions, just let us know.
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well Day 2. planned all my meals so I am ready.

Made some ww vegetable soup last night to have as a snack when I get cold (my office is freezing).

Recipe below with modifications to change it up with other flavours (Chinese/Mexican/Italian)

I usually end up with about 4 servings

1/4 cup diced onion
    2 packets instant chicken broth and seasoning mix (I just use 2 oxo cubes)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
    1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
    1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato (I just use a can of stewed tomatoes)
    1/4 tsp basil leaves
    1/8 tsp pepper.
    Crushed red pepper - to taste (optional)

1. in a 1 1/2 quart nonstick saucepan combine onion, broth mix, and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally until onion is translucent.

2. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook over low heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.

3. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until veggies are soft about 20 minutes.

4. Using a slotted spoon remove 1/2 cup veggies and set aside. In blender container in 2 batches puree remaining soup, return pureed mixture to saucepan add reserved veggies and heat ( I just use my hand blender and puree it to a chunky state - I do not remove any of the soup)

Notes:

I usually add more zucchini, including yellow if its in the store, and a little more carrots and because of that add more water and get 4 servings.

To change the soup:

Italian: use Italian flavoured oxo cubes, Italian stewed tomatoes, and add some oregano and a little coriander.

Thai/Chinese: use Thai or Chinese flavoured oxo cubes, add some cilantro (no basil), ginger with the garlic, star anise, some mushrooms, pumpkin and red/green peppers and regular stewed tomatoes.

Mexican: use chicken oxo cubes, Mexican stewed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, kidney beans or black beans and corn,
  • TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been a bit MIA for the last couple of days, not fully sticking to the plan as of right now, but getting back to doing all of the workouts and following the meal plan 75% of the time so at least I haven't fully fallen off the bandwagon. My friend is going through a hard time with her hubby so we went out on Thursday night and pretended we were 21 again...omg...I'm so not 21 anymore...going to bed at 3am after a night of fancy cocktails, beer and a half pack of cigarettes is just not in the cards for me anymore. I'm glad I quit smoking, I don't miss that smell in my clothes. This morning I felt like I needed a swift kick to the butt so I did the dirty 30. I'm glad I forced myself out of bed to do it.
    Have a great day all!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just started day 2 of the 21 day fix with hybrid of a bunch of the programs.
  • DanielleH1708
    DanielleH1708 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone- great group and awesome posts and helpful recipes. I'm on day 3 today and this is my first time. My main thing is staying committed to the diet portion because I have no ideas what to cook for a family of four. So glad I found this board and to see recipe help.
  • lucky5552
    lucky5552 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1st day on the FIX. I can't wait for results.
  • noelleyaya
    noelleyaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone - checking in here. Im on Day 16 of the fix (and now 6 weeks pregnant :) and still feeling fairly good *knock on wood*. I have been getting up every morning for my workouts, so no decrease in energy yet, but i'm sure it will hit me like a ton of bricks soon. I'm most nervous about morning sickness. This is my first, so i have no idea what to expect. Can any one share any NON horror stories of their pregnancies? I know a little off topic, but i'm looking for some hope :) I need to stay off the internet, all I am seeing is people vomiting for 20 weeks straight multiple times a day - yikes!

I have been counting my calories at a maintence level and still using the containers to get a good variety. Welcome to all of you just starting.
  • germany03
    Options
    Been a little absent here lately..and honestly with the excersise as well. Although I have been sticking with the containers and walking about 1 mile during lunch...work has me stretched so not much thought of doing workouts once I get home :( I give myself a few Lull days and then get back in the full swing ... need to get my MOJO back up...haha.
    Welcome to all the new folks comming in...you have definitly found a great supportive group and chosen a great program...hope yall like it as much as I do ( even if I'm not the greatest at it right now .. :) ) !!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Just a few days left in this round, and I'm honestly not sure what my results are going to look like. It's currently TOM, and I know I'm retaining water from lifting yesterday.

On the positive side...in the last week, hubby has told me twice that he can see changes. That what I'm doing is really working. Last week Noah told me he can see my waist shrinking. Yesterday I had a girl at the gym come up and tell me she can tell that I'm losing weight.
  • vicki8seekers
    vicki8seekers Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been bad about checking in since early last week, so I'll give a quick update:
    Wednesday was the start of my last week. WOWO that went fast!
    I've been doing pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! :)
    Have not missed a workout, been sticking to (or under) the containers, and I just got shakeology in the mail yesterday, so have had 2 shakes now.
    Wednesday, I did do the double workout, but yesterday I didn't. I made the mistake of working out after work, and I never have motivation, so I was lucky to get through the one I was supposed to do. BUT, hubby and I ended up taking a walk...it ended up being just under a 6 mile walk, unplanned (long story lol). So, I'm counting that as a second workout for the day!
    Today I had Lower Fix w/ option 10 min ab fix...um, I only got through 5 mins of the ab fix, so hopefully the next time its scheduled I'll get it all in.

Now I am trying to decide if I want to do another round after a day or two off, or if I want to start lifting at the gym again, and just follow the containers....thoughts?
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    noelleyaya wrote: »
    HI Everyone - checking in here. Im on Day 16 of the fix (and now 6 weeks pregnant :) and still feeling fairly good *knock on wood*. I have been getting up every morning for my workouts, so no decrease in energy yet, but i'm sure it will hit me like a ton of bricks soon. I'm most nervous about morning sickness. This is my first, so i have no idea what to expect. Can any one share any NON horror stories of their pregnancies? I know a little off topic, but i'm looking for some hope :) I need to stay off the internet, all I am seeing is people vomiting for 20 weeks straight multiple times a day - yikes!

I have been counting my calories at a maintence level and still using the containers to get a good variety. Welcome to all of you just starting.

I had two great pregnancies, no morning sickness, nothing! Easy the whole time :) It can happen!

Although I did gain a lot of weight, that is the only thing I would have changed
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats @noelleyaya !
    I didn't have any morning sickness with either of my kids either. I probably wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the no period thing, heh. I gained more than 80lbs with my son though! And then about 45 with my daughter. They were pretty easy pregnancies, had some bad sciatic pain with my daughter for the last half of it though.
    Don't worry, even if it gets a little rough it's worth it :)

Welcome to all the new folks. I'm still keepin up with t25/piyo throwing in a 21df workout here and there. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • germany03
    Options
    @sarahrbraun now that's what I'm talking about. It does feel great to get the recognition for all your hard work :) So happy for you, keep it up.
    @noelleyaya I had the best of both worlds. My first one was a breeze - no morning sickness, no heartburn, lost all the weight within a month of having my daughter..nothing. My second one...total opposite. Heartburn (never knew tour body can be this toxic..ack), morning sickness galore and weight gain that never came off...I write all this to say- it is what it is. Either way - as @venuila said - it's totally worth it. :)
    update
    Since I can't get myself to excersise once I get home lately I have started to walk a mile at the gym during lunch. Sofar so good. I have also added the protein shake for breakfast and I feel it does make a difference ( thanks @venuila - I bought the chocolate six star and it is awesome. I add strawberries and it is so delish!!! Like chocolate covered strawberries :) )