Our Exercise For The Day

Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
I liked this one from last challenge. So let's start another one.

Replies

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My exercise yesterday was a fun one.

I went hiking with my husband and youngest son (37) tk a beautiful waterfall on the Blue Ridge Parkway here in NC. It was a 1.6 mile round trip. The weather was perfect with low humidity. The rhododendrons were in full bloom.
    j0tvtvx40nix.jpg
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    3eyrey287ukx.jpg
    The waterfall was so worth the hike.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Love the waterfall. I could have used that this week when it was 85 here. I had to use the Pacific Ocean instead.

Esgher
  • susiederkins21
    susiederkins21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pictures! The flowers are beautiful. We walked around a lake and saw a lot of baby ducks. Next time I will get some pictures to share.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hike looks beautiful!

Yesterday was weights. I've been having trouble with my right knee (squating, lunges, step ups, walking down stairs...) I've been modifying some of those since the begining. I added in some physio exercises in addition to the modifications and it seems to be helping.

Today is just a low key day of walking. We are taking the kids to the science center.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I can't get into the chat topic discussion. But it was a blessing otherwise I would have missed Vicky beautiful hike/ Thank you Vickie for sharing with us. Beautiful. hike.
    arie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    I keep my walking clothes (pants, tops, undies) in a designated place so I can put them on first thing to go walking. I put on my headphones, turn on the audio book or music on my phone and I'm ready to go out the door with a jacket and outwear, if needed. I have dogs to walk, so I walk each one quickly to do business, then come in for breakfast, spiritual reading, and a quick peek at MFP, then go out again for a longer walk. I have exactly the same routine and same breakfast every morning so I don't have to bother my brain or waste time making decisions.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Love the waterfall. I could have used that this week when it was 85 here. I had to use the Pacific Ocean instead.

Esgher

:)
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Walked and ran total of 3.75 miles
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I walked 2.49 miles while babysitting an outdoor cooker. I just can't seem to stand still while watching steam rise from a pot.......but the home brew was delicious........

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Already dipping into it Esther Sounds interesting
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Of course Marie. A good cook always samples as they cook o:) just not too much I have to drive 20 miles to get back home.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    So our swimming pool finally opened today. It has been closed since July 4. I swam for 55 minutes today. It felt so good to be back swimming again.

Esther
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    3k walk/ run
    Evelyn
  • susiederkins21
    susiederkins21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We walked just short of two miles around a lake with lots of ducks. I'm glad they're there, they keep me entertained! SrdDpSG.jpg
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Body Pump...60 sweaty minutes!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Today was Swimming 60 minutes and then weight lifting for 40 min.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I used the recumbent bike yesterday. I managed 30 minutes at 15 rpm, about 7 miles. I'll do it again tonight.

I need to put the bike back into required not optional behavior.

I also need to pick up the arm weights and move them; not just across/around the room, but up and down for awhile. My batwings will never wave goodbye if I don't make them leave.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I swam for 45 minutes and played Dodge Tourist for 35 minutes.

Esther
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    We walked just short of two miles around a lake with lots of ducks. I'm glad they're there, they keep me entertained! SrdDpSG.jpg

:) Nice