JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    15 miles in so far this week...total of 54.5
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    Well today was a sad day for me. The wonderful friend that has been helping me and taking care of me during my wreck injuries, her father passed away while I was gone last weekend. I am very close in their family, so it was a blow for me too. I sang the mass this morning, including a wonderful solo for the family. You can't blame me for need to get out on the bike and just clearing my head. Didn't go to far, just sort of went. One more challenge stage then rest day on Monday. Bike gets a wash and lube.

07/15 - 10.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 11)
    07/16 - 11.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 12)
    07/17 - 12.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 13)
    07/18 - 09.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 14)

Total: 156.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    Congrats @scarfe9991on your 5k ( I spent some time reading on IT band issues and found this doctor who found that often there is a gait issue aside from strengthen and stretching. If I find it, I will send it to you. It was very interesting. She retrains people on treadmills with sensor images and they stay with her in til they relearn the new run form. It really seems to be helping people.
    Anyway thanks all for the good thoughts. I run at 6:45 tomorrow morning and Erie went from lows of 60 and highs of 70 to a major heat we this weekend. I wish I could wear running shorts but I need the compression and will be in capris. They are light but not as cool as shorts. I also need to hold all that loose skin together from my major weight lose back in 2011. No skin elasticity in this old body anymore, lol.

July18: 5.5 miles of easy walking
    TTD: 176.5 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited July 2015
    After getting the mowing done & I rode 15.5 on the ex-bike.

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,240 Member
    Hit the gym w/DDD and SIL this morning then went off by myself for a walk...DH recovering from his hip-fix surgery...just before noon. It got rather warm when the wind was at my back but really nice walking into the wind. We have Bean for a puppy sleep-over, so I'll head out with him early tomorrow morning.

Sat 6.60 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fine Sunday!

Chris
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,770 Member
    7/18 Run 5.25 miles / Walk 4 miles / Arc trainer 1 miles

As 7/18 153 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,311 Member
    clepant wrote: »
    @anaconda469: I agree with Dean. Rest, rest, rest. I am not allowed to bike or kayak because of my C7 pinched nerve at the scapula. No sprint triathlon for me...but I want to get better not worse. You will only acerbate your condition if you don't give it time to heal.
    July 16: 5 miles of walking
    July 17: 1.85 miles of shakeout running and 13 miles of easy walking and hiking
    TTD: 171 miles

exercise.png

In case I do not log in my miles tomorrow, please keep good thoughts for me as I run my second half marathon Sunday. They were calling for thunderstorms and the temps came down a bit but I will be starting at 6:45 to beat the heat. High is going to 85 and the start temp is high 60's low 70's. At least it will be along Lake Erie so perhaps some nice lake breezes and not nasty head winds.
    @CLEPANT - Best of luck with the temps and dry weather on Sunday!! And I hope any winds you have are always at your back! :drinker:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    I was in class all week and did not have time to move nearly enough. :( So, of course, I did the mature thing ;) . I got discouraged, got mad and stopped posting. >:) Sorry, I'll try to do better, but I'm afraid I may be too set in my ways to change. Anyway, After only managing 8.5 miles the first 4 days of the week, I had a day today that I could get a long hike in. 12 more miles today alone. That makes 73.5 miles for the month.

exercise.png

OK I would not have believed it, but I am less than a mile from catching up to the green. I just have to make the time to keep working on it. :)
    @TAXMOM9093 - SEE???? Never. Give. Up. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    scarfe9991 wrote: »
    I ran my 5k and it was totally OK. Yay! Teeny bit of IT band twinges but nothing like before. And I will be more diligent about keeping up with the strength and stretch for my hips and glutes.
    And no crazy milage goals for awhile! Trying to embrace getting moving other ways anyway :)

@dave thank you and I totally did listen to my body and did not listen to my brain which wanted to go FASTER lol. Actually I ran with a buddy and we had a great time chatting :)

This may be silly but I'm also adding my .3 miles of swimming from the other day, I am *not* a swimmer and it took me forever so I'm counting it (esp since I need the miles this month!) plus that makes my Runkeeper which tracks all my miles and ticker equal :)

exercise.png

Wonderful! Glad it went well and you were able to enjoy it rather than endure it!! :smile: :drinker:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    I got 2.0 miles in on the treadmill. It was almost all walking as my knee was bugging me a little and I didn't really think I should force the issue. Oh well. Worked up a decent sweat anyway.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 10.62 miles

exercise.png

goal is right there just at my finger tips..but i have nothing left in the tank...been a long tiring day for me...tomorrow I'll try to double what i have today.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member

exercise.png

Adding 19 for 235 out of 300.
  • sufferlandrian
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Went out with my girls' bike group after work yesterday. Was supposed to be doing some hill repeats. I made it 4 hills, then decided I was done. I led the less experienced riders back to town and had ice cream. (Yarnell's Lemon Ice Box Pie- YUM!)
    Adding 13.93 miles-

exercise.png

Where's the like button when you need it. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Well today was a sad day for me. The wonderful friend that has been helping me and taking care of me during my wreck injuries, her father passed away while I was gone last weekend. I am very close in their family, so it was a blow for me too. I sang the mass this morning, including a wonderful solo for the family. You can't blame me for need to get out on the bike and just clearing my head. Didn't go to far, just sort of went. One more challenge stage then rest day on Monday. Bike gets a wash and lube.

Sorry for your loss. Not to burst your bubble, but I think the rest day is on Tuesday.
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    22 miles
    MTD 117
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

And now crashing through the GOAL line is @TAZZYTHATSME!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Dave
    Thank you Dave !

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congrats to Anaconda on making goal!

Scarfe, so glad the 5k went well.

Clepant, hope the half went well. Drop us a line when you can.

I did 6 miles yesterday. Need to do another 6 today. Better get going before it gets warmer.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Going for 800 miles again in July as I have some holidays coming up

01-07: 40.60 miles
    02-07: 34.24 miles
    03-07: 40.19 miles
    04-07: 65.18 miles
    05-07: rest day
    06-07: 45.11 miles
    07-07: 40.14 miles
    08-07: rest day
    09-07: 41.08 miles
    10-07: 43.06 miles
    11-07: 32.05 miles
    11-07: 25.59 miles
    12-07: 35.22 miles
    13-07: rest day
    14-07: rest day
    15-07: 42.52 miles
    16-07: 30.01 miles
    17-07: 28.17 miles
    18-07: 20.65 miles (1 hour - undulating all the way)
    19-07: 50.46 miles (3 hours - steeper undulating all the way
    July miles: 614.26

YTD miles: 4872
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited July 2015
    5.3 miles walked yesterday

3.74 miles walked today

103.64 miles walked to date

I have gone wrong somewhere. I think on the date July 18th the total to date should have been 94.6. The total to date is correct at 103.64. Sorry.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts for me today. I finished my half. While the course is often a new PR for many it was to be so for the majority of folks today. Started our run at 6:45 with a temperature of 77 not counting heat index. Finished with a temp at 86 and the heat index was 91. Humidity and dew point was sky high. Every mile was a drain and most runners struggled to get past 10. In fact a young gal was collapsed from heat and dehydration. The only thing that saved me and many was that often we were in the shadows of trees and on a very level course with an occasional breeze. I stopped and walked with a stage 1 diabetic who was not sure whether or not his insulin level was okay. A wheel chair participant stopped and a volunteer duct taped his hands from blisters. Two times I stopped sweating and was concerned about fluid loss even though I stopped at ten water stations. ( I sweat profusely.) The club holding the event brought a garbage can filled with ice water at mile 11 and distributed ice cold soaked paper towels. I crossed the finish by the grace of God. I almost wished it had rained. My shirt goes off to all you marathoners that have run long distances in these conditions. I have a new respect for those that have done it. Aside from that, I stayed together with KT tape although my repaired left knee is very sore.
    Today I gratefully log 15.6 miles of running 13.1 and walking 2.5 miles
    TTD: 192.2 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.