I really got to try that!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Shark cupcakes, for a birthday party:

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    They're filled with red jam, to look like blood. I thought that was a pretty gross idea but the client loved it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lol. They look amazing though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Those are the best ideas for a cupcake! Would you somehow have a picture of one after it's been bitten into?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Those are the best ideas for a cupcake! Would you somehow have a picture of one after it's been bitten into?

Got one at the party:

• Francl27
    Options
    Man now I want cupcakes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Those cupcakes look awesome.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Boston cream pie in a jar. So good.giwyqzma2f0c.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That looks adorable and delicious.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Peach and blueberry buckle. Very good. I had a couple more things (cream brioche and pain aux raisins) but no pictures...

8rhp6xi4c71h.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Lunch with my college roommates at a local cafe known for their baked goods.

1508wgtmz2hi.jpg

Clockwise from top:
    Pound cake with peanut butter cream cheese frosting; chocolate cake with salted caramel cream filling, and chocolate chip gooey butter cake.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Those look so good! Which was your favorite?
  • WinoGelato
    edited July 2015
    Options

No surprise, the cHocolate cake with salted caramel creme... The choc chip gooey butter cake is one of my go to's at that cafe so I definitely like it, just don't normally order their big layer cakes. The peanut butter pound cake was the only partial disappointment. The cake itself was kind of bland but the pb cream cheese frosting was amaze balls
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Today was my girlfriend's baby shower. It was a couple shower with a bbq theme. These cupcakes are made to look like tiny grills with tiny hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and kebabs. The grill grate and the slices of cheese are colored melting chocolate. The burger patties are sliced tootsie rolls, and the kebabs are sliced gummy bears threaded onto toothpicks.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Today was my girlfriend's baby shower. It was a couple shower with a bbq theme. These cupcakes are made to look like tiny grills with tiny hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and kebabs. The grill grate and the slices of cheese are colored melting chocolate. The burger patties are sliced tootsie rolls, and the kebabs are sliced gummy bears threaded onto toothpicks.

Hah those are awesome! They look like a lot of work!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Those are awesome looking cupcakes & I agree that it looks like it took a lot of work.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    They weren't too bad-- much better than the sharks. These only took a couple of hours total.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    This has a large number of calories, but it's so good.

It's a rum cake with a butter rum glaze. Mmmmm.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Not to bring the thread down, but I have to get this one out of my system.

A few weeks back we had a great peach pie from a bakery in Placerville, where we had stayed for a long weekend. We enjoyed it very much, and my wife decided to try and find another like it locally.

She bought this Peach Pie from Heidi's. I had a small sliver. She had a small piece. We were both completely disappointed -- it wasn't proactively bad, it just wasn't good in any way. As a true testament to its not-so-goodness, this is the pie a full week later! (mold is starting to form, as you might make out in the picture). We have three teenagers in the house with, shall we say, less than discerning palates; a pie should not have lasted more than 2 days, maybe 3 days tops. This one made it a week and is being thrown out half-eaten.

5d9zmgri5ef5.jpg