Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because my profile pic is what I'm wearing to ComicCon tomorrow. Oh, and today I smuggled in a real (though not functional) chainsaw and got Bruce Campbell to sign it.

You know, I'm still trying to figure out how you smuggled it in. My brain went to weird places.

Today I'm a nerd because I made a list of amusing names today to name all the dinosaurs & other creatures I want to tame in Ark: Survival. I will shortly have a dodo named Miley Cyrus.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because my profile pic is what I'm wearing to ComicCon tomorrow. Oh, and today I smuggled in a real (though not functional) chainsaw and got Bruce Campbell to sign it.

You know, I'm still trying to figure out how you smuggled it in. My brain went to weird places.

Today I'm a nerd because I made a list of amusing names today to name all the dinosaurs & other creatures I want to tame in Ark: Survival. I will shortly have a dodo named Miley Cyrus.
  • bongocats
    bongocats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK: Today I'm a nerd because I just spent way too much time looking for ringtones/alert tones for my new iPhone (6, yay!)... including stuff from My Neighbor Totoro, Super Mario, Star Trek TNG, Doctor Who...
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Because I backed 5 kickstarter gaming projects this month including a super exclusive tier.
  • NordicLifter78
    NordicLifter78 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just finished a Babylon 5 marathon!!!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    This by itself doesn't make me a nerd but . . . I realized I love puns.
  • NordicLifter78
    NordicLifter78 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've just listened to a Youtube compilation of all Legend of Zelda main themes....
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying watch the entire Generation Transformers show in order over a few days, which is about 40 hours or so.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I was one of 7 cosplayers to show up to Barnes and Nobles Star Wars dayekt1ic8hqb6q.jpg
    vnucs5djhm9x.jpg
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    kestrel359 wrote: »
    Today I'm a nerd because I was one of 7 cosplayers to show up to Barnes and Nobles Star Wars dayekt1ic8hqb6q.jpg
    vnucs5djhm9x.jpg

Nice,you are awesome!!!
  • runollierun
    runollierun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Captain Cold cosplay for an October con. This will be my first professionally made costume!

(It is a former student of mine and I can't sew, so everyone wins)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Wearing a Star Wars t shirt, I made a wand holster for my Harry Potter wand, I also worked a bit on my EVA Foam Death Eater Mask. I purchased two blank baseball cap hats to iron press Hufflepuff and the Punisher patches to them.

Oh yeah and I also watched Doctor Who today and listened to my John Williams soundtrack track list...
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I bought, installed, and configured a wifi router for my son's karate studio because the 7.5/1 circuit is so hamstrung by the old WEP-only router they had they had that it would routinely only give 50 Kbps, when it worked at all. My $40 just bought me a much more pleasant three hours every week AND a free month of lessons for my son.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Today I am a nerd because I am watching all of Angel, even though it's terrible. If it didn't have anything to do with Buffy I'd have been out of there!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I'm getting on a plane at 5:00am to go to GenCon until Sunday! :D
  • redshadow310
    redshadow310 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I'm getting on a plane at 5:00am to go to GenCon until Sunday! :D
    Wish I could have made it this year. Oh well there is always BGG Con.
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The Fantastic Four trailer looks like they strayed away from the original storyline.Nothing new these days I suppose.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    I'm a nerd today because I ordered replacements for those little foam blocks that came in sega cd/saturn, and original playstation games just to have them complete.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I'm planning out my best friend's bachelor party, and the venue is Dave and Buster's (think Chuck E Cheese for grownups) because we'd all rather play video games than go to a gentlemen's club.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm a nerd because I'm very excited about the new WoW expansion. I can't wait to play a Demon Hunter!