Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• SharoninBeaufort
    SharoninBeaufort Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and even though I worked late hit treadmill for Week 1, Day 1 - I have not run regularly in almost a year following a torn meniscus and then a badly strained achilles tendon I thought would never heal (the achilles tendon was a non-running injury). It is good to be BACK!
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @SharoninBeaufort

W8D1 today and it was not my best run. 2.75 miles but glad I got through it
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done, didn't feel my greatest but it was my fastest speed yet. I'll probably have to slow it back down a bit for the start of week 8, but it feels good to know I can go faster eventually.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    rest day
    tomorrow w8d2 eek :o
  • SharoninBeaufort
    SharoninBeaufort Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yesterday was a rest day (actually a lower body weight day); ran this morning but did Week 1, Day 1 again...switched apps since C25K Pro was not syncing with MFP. Switched to 5K Runner (like C25K Pro better from a usability standpoint but 5K Runner will do the job)
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Did w8d1 this morning. Super slow but made it.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    W8d2 complete. Another "off" day for me in that I had to seriously push mentally to finish. So glad that I did but it definitely wasn't enjoyable. Hoping w8d3 is better.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    w8d1 today, and I did it first try. Woohoo. Not easy for me (as always)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Completed w4d1 tonight. I was so nervous about 16 minutes of running total. But I was able to complete all of the runs.

I can't believe a few weeks ago a 30 second run was so hard. I cannot explain how elated I feel about my progress.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    nailed w8d2.
    my distance is still short, but time, I ran the whole thing minus a doggie poo break and a walk across some very busy intersections
    I feel like I certainly could have run for another 5 min at least. I found my pace.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W5D3 done last night! I was with a friend, and was surprised when I realized I was done. We were chatting the whole way, and I thought, "Wow! That was easy today!" Then I checked my app, and I realized that we were going quite a bit slower (average 11.66 min/mile) than my last run (9.82 min/mile)! Haha!
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do 30 minutes today, but as I got really close to the 5K I didn't want to stop. I ran a 5k in 30.46 and I am thrilled about it! :smiley:
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    W5D3 done last night! I was with a friend, and was surprised when I realized I was done. We were chatting the whole way, and I thought, "Wow! That was easy today!" Then I checked my app, and I realized that we were going quite a bit slower (average 11.66 min/mile) than my last run (9.82 min/mile)! Haha!

And you did it the way it is supposed to be done. Well done you, hope the rest of the programme is as pleasurable, you are on your way to success.
    JasmijnRF wrote: »
    I was supposed to do 30 minutes today, but as I got really close to the 5K I didn't want to stop. I ran a 5k in 30.46 and I am thrilled about it! :smiley:

Fantastic progress. It won't be long before you bash that 30 min barrier

• dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, this is my first post here :)

This is my second attempt at the program. Last time I hit W4-1, couldn't get through it and eventually stopped trying.

Today I finished W4-3, even though it was a rough day, so I'm feeling pretty good. But I'm in new territory now, so I'm worried :) I'm hoping the check-in thread will help me keep going even if I have to take a little longer with some weeks.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is complete even had a friend join me.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    W8D1 completed. Was supposed to last night, but the thunderstorms kept me from going. So for the first time ever, I woke up early on a weekday to go for a run. My pace was a little on the slow side (not eating for 12 hours beforehand and 94% humidity will do that), but I got it done and that's what counts!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great progress all around everyone! Just popping in to remind you that as your run times get longer (W4 and beyond especially), you may have to slow your pace down to help you push through. At this point, it's not a race, it's a run. Have fun!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    enjoying a rest day but popping to support and encourage

tumblr_mxjmc5MyA11t15xv3o5_250.gif
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    A+ on Matt Smith/Doctor Who, thanks for that!!
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just finished w3d3. Tough. I was really hoping for a 'good' run today as I had a rest day yesterday and after 4 days of holidays was eager to get back to it.