2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    In for the win! - in my dreams! ;-)
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'll play... I'm not a big contributor these days, but it feels weird to see the dossards and not be a part of it. I considered not doing the last one, but as always it was fun. It also helped get me out of my funk...
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm in if a team wants me... I'm cruising from 18th september - 3rd October though xD
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    In!
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Even though I'll be traveling the 1st weekend of it, I'm IN! Doing my normal stuff though, nothing heroic!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Okay, so far that's
    1. TheBigYin
    2. m1xm0d3
    3. TDSeest
    4. Jakess1971
    5. jillyian
    6. anaconda469
    7. sufferlandrian
    8. hawkeyegal1995
    9. cowbellsandcoffee
    10. check_mate
    11. ntnunk
    12. KitTheRoadie
    13. rides4sanity
    14. Dave2041
    15. butters1
    16. Spatialized

Keep them coming folks

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Dave2041 wrote: »
    I'm in if a team wants me... I'm cruising from 18th september - 3rd October though xD

Cruising as in "not riding much" or "going on a big boat full of geriatrics" (I did 3 months as ships photographer on Canberra in a previous life, I know of what I speak) or just (ahem) "cruising baby"

blue-oyster-bar-and-grill.jpg

• Dave2041
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

Cruising as in "not riding much" or "going on a big boat full of geriatrics" (I did 3 months as ships photographer on Canberra in a previous life, I know of what I speak) or just (ahem) "cruising baby"

Haha! Disney Cruise, Barcelona -> Portugal -> Castaway Cay -> Miami then flying to New York for three days ;)
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Haha! Disney Cruise, Barcelona -> Portugal -> Castaway Cay -> Miami then flying to New York for three days ;)

I have a full size folding road bike (Montague FIT) that I take with me when I cruise. I could send it to you so you could ride it when you are in port, but since you're doing a repositioning cruise; it probably wouldn't do you much good. So far, I've ridden in Bermuda, Bahamas, Jamaica, Belize, Honduras, Mexico and the Cayman Islands with it...It makes cruising even more enjoyable.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

ah, a bit better than the one's I spent most of my time on... full of blue rinses and wrinkles... Seemed that it was the ambition of every old git with a bit of money left in the bank to go on a Cruise on Canberra before it was taken out of commission.

Sort of "Go Cruise on Canberra then Die Happy"...

Sadly, the "die happy" bit often came before they finished the "go cruise" bit... on one memorable 2 week cruise, we lost so many of the old dears that the Ships Mortuary (yes, they have them!) fridge was full, and one of the "walk in refrigerators" in the Galley had to be commandeered.

• CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Rosie and I are both in
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My wife would like a slot this time as well. She's just getting back to riding some and is hoping this will help motivate her and get her on the bike more during the week. She plans to be in for at least 80-100km per week, hopefully closer to 200km per week. She asked me to sign her up since she's stuck in a lab with a bunch of auditors today is afraid the slots will fill before she's able to get to a computer. :smile:

MFP: myfitnesspal.com/canbbot
    Strava: https://strava.com/athletes/1868525
  • webtracer
    webtracer Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in this one!

I will be in Texas 8/22-8/24 so will likely not log any (or not many) miles those days but I'll be back at it on 8/25

Hopefully perform better than I did during Le Tour.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    As usual mate, I'm in ;)
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I am in....training opportunities for Around the bay
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    My wife would like a slot this time as well. She's just getting back to riding some and is hoping this will help motivate her and get her on the bike more during the week. She plans to be in for at least 80-100km per week, hopefully closer to 200km per week. She asked me to sign her up since she's stuck in a lab with a bunch of auditors today is afraid the slots will fill before she's able to get to a computer. :smile:

MFP: myfitnesspal.com/canbbot
    Strava: https://strava.com/athletes/1868525

No problem - can't guarantee what team she's likely to be on, but there's a place reserved for her.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay, so far that's
    1. TheBigYin
    2. m1xm0d3
    3. TDSeest
    4. Jakess1971
    5. jillyian
    6. anaconda469
    7. sufferlandrian
    8. hawkeyegal1995
    9. cowbellsandcoffee
    10. check_mate
    11. ntnunk
    12. KitTheRoadie
    13. rides4sanity
    14. Dave2041
    15. butters1
    16. Spatialized
    17. CentralCaliCycling
    18. MrsCentralCaliCycling
    19. canbbot
    20. webtracer
    21. cloggsy71
    22. kupe

Keep them coming folks

• Dave2041
    Options

ah, a bit better than the one's I spent most of my time on... full of blue rinses and wrinkles... Seemed that it was the ambition of every old git with a bit of money left in the bank to go on a Cruise on Canberra before it was taken out of commission.

Sort of "Go Cruise on Canberra then Die Happy"...

Sadly, the "die happy" bit often came before they finished the "go cruise" bit... on one memorable 2 week cruise, we lost so many of the old dears that the Ships Mortuary (yes, they have them!) fridge was full, and one of the "walk in refrigerators" in the Galley had to be commandeered.

Oh that's horrid haha!
  • Dave2041
    Options
    TDSeest wrote: »

I have a full size folding road bike (Montague FIT) that I take with me when I cruise. I could send it to you so you could ride it when you are in port, but since you're doing a repositioning cruise; it probably wouldn't do you much good. So far, I've ridden in Bermuda, Bahamas, Jamaica, Belize, Honduras, Mexico and the Cayman Islands with it...It makes cruising even more enjoyable.

Thank you for the offer! I'll be training for hill climbing season in the on-board gym trying to keep my weight sensible. then hiring a bike on castaway cay and again in central park :smiley:
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options